Anne Blackwood

Theatre kid
Singer
Poet
Animal lover
Bookworm
Twin
Disfusive
The embodiment of blueberry cotton candy
Something of an empath
One of the Three Musketeers

Melancholic, ambiverted, XXFJ, helper, ASE

Joined January 16, 2020

Any skinny girls out there who get this?

Not a (feminist) rant #PrettyContest3

9
Okay. I don't generally align myself with the label "feminist", and I'm not going to really go into the details why not. But there's been something bothering me ever since I wrote the piece "Why do people think that skinny girls don't need comfort?" This discomfort was brought to mind when I was reading a book yesterday. It's a wonderful book with a great message, but something about this one part was somewhat upsetting.
The main character meets a thin girl, and she says to herself that the girl "looked as though she frequently dined on ice cubes and lettuce leaves." While this line is fairly funny, I couldn't ignore the thought plaguing my mind: Is that what people think about me? So many people are under the impression that skinny girls are completely secure in their body image, but it's just not true.
Another thing I noticed was the crazy lack of tips and tricks for thin girls. This seems like it's not a big deal, but when my feed is swamped with curvy girl hacks, it's frustrating that I can't find any videos to help me present myself in the best way. Googling skinny girl fashion hacks, I only found a few videos, and only one channel had them in English.
The worst part about this is we've come so far in the movement of body positivity, but there's a double standard. If someone said that a plus size girl looked like she dined on pasta and chocolate cake, that person would be mobbed, and rightfully so. But no one cares when it's a joke about a skinny girl.
"Because we're on the wrong end of the spectrum / to be embraced for who we are"

• Tushar Mandhan

No why would someone judge your diet from your body? It's body type, nothing to do with diet but then yeah, there are some stupids. This googling thing, I tried during my freshman year in high school and ended up with nothing XD because I couldn't find a teen channel and men fashion channels were too much for me!

• ★ white mountains ★

reply: thank you for your concern! I emailed wtw because I wasn't sure what they found problematic.

• Charisse Marison

YESSS! SPREAD THE MESSAGE!
    I can't relate though, I look more like the girl who dines on pasta and chocolate cake XD

• Chloe :) <3

I love the message in this!! It is so powerful and I loved to read it! Thank you for sharing and entering my contest!!

• AutumnRain

This really opened my eyes, now that I think about it I definitely think you’re right that there is a clear lack of “tips and hack” videos for thinner girls. This was interesting to read. :)