chrysanthemums&ink

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ 'ʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ.

song recommendation:
'i saw the moon'- produced by Sohta, sung by Hatsune Miku.

i think i accidentally made this piece way too similar to the song. it's a nice song though.

yknow after 'honesty tartare' i wanted a lil smth different. here it is.

the moon has your eyes

22

watch the pastel sun float from east to west, i coat my fingers in clouds and smear it in a violet line
i wonder, if i paint my feelings into the sky, could i see you one more time?
donut glaze flaking off our lips, once upon a time we sat on this very bench, admiring the endless welkin 
but you're no longer here, and the cold crawls up my chest 

stand still under the shelter of the bus station, watching wheels roll by like days without you 
crowds of people pass and wave with a smile, gift a grin back but here i stay, waiting. 
the firmament glitters above me and i snap out of my reverie as the last bus of the day screeches to a halt. 
ah, it seems i was waiting for someone who couldn't come. i turn away and walk home by myself, the box of donuts stale in my hands. 

maybe with you beside me, we could've count all the stars in the sky without stopping to breathe, but there's no way to know now. 
i plucked sirius from the night and hung it from your ear, radiance and radiance smiling at me. shield my eyes from this brilliance once and then i can no longer see you when i try. 
tell me, are you playing with rabbits on the moon? mochi cheeks and gummy smile, i wake up to find myself crying. 

the lines of my palm—which i can picture your fingers tracing over so clearly—tell of a happy future. 
so the universe has mercy? seems i can be happy without you after all but—
bitterly i want to be miserable forever, no, but you said something different, didn't you? 
    "be happy." your melodious voice caresses the back of my hand like you're still here, but i don't have that kind of choice nor will to live like that. 

tell me, one day when i forget the curves of your spine, when i forget the crescent moons in your eyes, when your face becomes nothing but a blurred memory... could i truly be happy? 
for you, i want to grab ahold of the sun and live like an evergreen tree, is that possible? oh 
yes

you who is in the moon, could you continue shining down on me for a minute or two?
i want to feel you for a little while more before the tides tug away. your nostalgic warmth, the weight of your hand, and this pain in my chest, i want to hold your ghost for a second longer before i 

let go. 

finally, your hands unclasp around my eyes and release. i blink and for the first time in ages, i can really see the light. 
    desperately, i whirl around but you're already gone. 

oh. you're already gone. 

1

Rereading this masterpiece and YES

• mia_:)

Reread this and it is stunning! I am literally in AWE!

• Two Heartbeats

This is such a rich and beautiful story: I love the line: maybe with you beside me, we could've count all the stars in the sky without stopping to breathe, but there's no way to know now. It's magical.

• mia_:)

Wow! Your imagery and descriptions are breathtaking and this piece is so beautiful and heartbreaking!

• Samina

This is heart-breaking. I loved reading it again and again. Something really unique. Good job! Keep it up :-)

• MarvelousMarshmallow

Stop wrenching my heart with your imagery!

"live like an evergreen tree" is so good it could become a cliche

• Tomb of Jade (#spookified)

absolutely breathtaking imagery! so heart-rending!

everything you write is so unique and heartbreakingly beautiful

this is so so so sadly beautiful? like it’s so melancholy but equally as gorgeous?? like a moonlit waltz? “ i want to feel you for a little while more before the tides tug away” this line was so beautiful it made me cry!

• inanutshell

ah i love this so much!!! the way you portray missing someone is so heartfelt & honest