acrosstheuniverse28

Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Ballerina
Ravenclaw
Tolkien-ite
Beatlemaniac
Amateur astronomer
History buff
Bookworm
INFJ-A
Sagittarius
...and if I try really hard, a writer...
Joined March 31st, 2020

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." -- Anne Frank

Check out my novel in progress, "Get Back Homeward"!
https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/
166044/version/325588

Answers to the Q&A Nobody Asked For

7
I got a lot more questions than I thought I would, so thank you! (And I finished answering them in a very timely manner!) If you read every single one of these... well... I can relate to how bored you must be ;)

First up, some questions from Coolgirl2020!
Hogwarts House?
Ravenclaw!!!!!!!!!

Which Greek god or goddess are you the child of (Percy Jackson)?
Athena I think is the most obvious choice for me, but I can kinda see myself joining the huntresses of Artemis???

Empath or Telepath?
I guess telepath, because I don't think I'm very good at apprehending other people's emotions. Not that I don't have empathy or anything, people are just hard to read sometimes, ya know?

Favorite Series?
Harry Potter will forever be my favorite, but I also love Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. There are countless others though, if you ever need recommendations, I got you.

Least favorite series?
I'm not sure if I've ever read a series I disliked... I read the first three Michael Vey books, and they were good but not good enough to keep me going. 

Spirit animal?
Maybe a tiger or a wolf, I kinda feel like either of them fit my personality. Some days I'm more of a dolphin though!

Name you wish you could have?
That's tough... I'm pretty happy with my given name, but I feel like I could be a Clara though? I've always liked that name.

Next up, Busssy.Beee!
1. What's your favorite meal of the day?
Breakfast. Lunch and dinner are great, and I love eating at any time, but breakfast is just sooo good!

2. Do you have a lucky number?
Yes, 7.

3.What is one thing on your bucket list?
On my actual bucket list, travel all across Europe is at the top. On my "stupid" bucket list, playing "Phantom of the Opera" really dramatically on an organ in a really old cathedral is at the top.

4. Do you prefer reading or writing?
Ooo, tough. Depends on the day, but the majority of the time I'd say reading. You're seeing things for the first time and it generally requires less brain power for me.

5. Do you drink coffee or tea?
Nope, no coffee or tea for me. I actually really hate the smell of coffee.

6. What's your favorite time of the day?
Dusk and dawn; they're both just so pretty. I also love that moment right before you fall asleep. Everything is peaceful and calm and nothing really seems to matter in your mind at that point.

7. How long have you been writing?
Over ten years, but I didn't get serious until 6-ish years ago. One of my first "books" was called The Emerald Coconut, and it was about two spies who went on an adventure to find this... emerald coconut... I wrote it by hand, and then my dad ended up helping my brother and I make a movie out of it. Won three Academy Awards... ha... ha... *facepalm*

Now some questions from sunny.v!
1) favorite type of pieces to read?
Anything that makes me feel something (whether it be a good or bad emotion, I just want to feel something). I also love symbolic type pieces, with allegories or whatnot about our world. Those are always fun to interpret.

2) favorite writers?
If we're talking on WtW, I have no idea! You all are amazing writers, and I wish I had more time to read all of your wonderful work!
As far as published authors go, I really like Sue Monk Kidd, Lois Lowry, Jerry Spinelli, Katherine Applegate... there's many more that I'm missing, but those are a few.

Here's a few from Samina!
Embarrassing memory.
One time I was at a store with my dad, and I wandered a bit too far away and soon I couldn't find him. He was wearing a white t-shirt and a blue baseball cap that day, and I spent a few frantic moments looking for him. My heart leapt when I saw a tall man wearing a white shirt and blue hat, and I cried "Daddy!" as I ran up and hugged him as fast as I could... but but as I looked up at his face, I realized that that man was NOT my dad. The poor guy was really confused, and I was so embarrassed I ran away before he could say anything. Two seconds later I found my dad, who had also been looking for me, and I didn't say a word to him about what had happened.

One thing you hate about yourself (if you want you could answer)
Sometimes, I don't think before I speak and I end up saying things I really regret later. (This is why I plan out conversations while I'm alone in front of a mirror...)

What is your guilty pleasure?
Chocolate anything, listening to the Les Mis soundtrack over... and over... and over again, and crazy socks

Any weird food combination that is good enough to try.
Not really... guacamole on burgers is really good, although I don't think most people find that very weird (shrug)

What has been your best moment this year (so far)?
Hm... submitting my APUSH exam felt really awesome. It was the climax of a year's worth of hard work and stress, and despite having a ton of fun in that class, I'm glad I made it through alive. Also, I recently got my driver's license, which was super exciting too!

One thing you could change about the world.
I would take away the hate and selfishness. My philosophy is that all evil stems from either hate, selfishness, or a combination of the two, so getting rid of those factors would solve a lot of our problems right there. Wish changing the world was that easy in real life...

One stereotype you hate the most.
Racial, ethnic, or cultural stereotypes are some of the most harmful and degrading ones in my opinion. To a lesser extent, I hate the "teachers pet" stereotype. For the last time, people, you don't have to be that type of person to be a straight A student. 

What’s your biggest fear?
Not being in control of a situation, if that makes sense. I don't like when something unexpected happens and I have this fear of not being able to do the right thing at the right time.

If you were the President for a day what would you do?
I would seek out the opinions of the younger generation (teenagers). Adults are able to vote and therefore play a much more active role as citizens, but teens are citizens too. Just because we aren't old enough to vote doesn't mean our opinions don't matter and we aren't affected by the laws of our country. There are so many important topics/issues involving teens, and as president I would really want to hear what their thoughts, perspectives, and opinions were.

If you got one superpower what would it be?
Ability to fly!

True love or your career(dreams)
Completely clueless when it comes to love, but my dream career is a journalist and/or an author.

Where do you hope to be five years from now? Ten? Fifteen?
5: Studying journalism in college and hopefully with a better love life than I do right now (for that stipulation to be met, I simply have to actually have a love life)
10: Married, maybe with a kid, settled in a little house in the western US. I could be working part-time, or I might just be a stay-at-home mom. Ideally, I'll have started writing a novel.
15: No more than 3 kids, still happily married, and if my kids are old enough, maybe I'm entering/re-entering the workplace as a journalist or something

Thank you to the wonderful Emi for submitting some questions!
1. What's the best thing you've got going on in your life right now?
Ummm... having way more time than I usually do is both a blessing and a curse. I have time to read, write, play piano and ukulele, and just try random things out that I never thought I'd do before. But, I'm also at the point where I'm trying to find a part time job because I need something else going on in my life.

2. What incredibly common thing have you never done?
I've never had sushi, which I guess is pretty common

3. What weird food do you love?
I have a weird obsession with white cheddar Cheez-Its (not a weird food I know, but just a weird obsession)

4. If you could start a charity, what would it be for?
Helping kids throughout the world get access to a good education. Education is so important, and every kid deserves the chance to achieve their dreams and work towards a better future for themselves.

5. What are some of your favorite board games?
Monopoly (which I recently beat my dad at for the first time ever!!!), Trivial Pursuit, and this super fun game called Quarto.

6. What is the coolest fact you know?
All I can think of right now is that Thomas Jefferson invented the swivel chair. I just start laughing uncontrollably whenever I think of him drafting the Declaration of Independence while spinning wildly around his office. (He didn't actually do that, but I like to imagine it nonetheless.)

7. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
Most definitely a morning person. I can pretend to be fine if I'm staying up until two in the morning, but I'm really dying on the inside. It's all a facade; I just don't wanna seem like a wimp.

8. What is your favorite movie scene of all time?
No, don't do this to me.
OK, spent like a solid hour and a half trying to narrow things down, and this is as far as I'm gonna get:
    Humor category:
Elf: literally the whole movie, but the scene when he first goes in to Gimbels and when he's eating his amazing spaghetti creation are awesome
Home Alone: the whole climax as he's defending the house. I'm wincing in pain the whole time, but it's hilarious!
Princess Bride: ALL the sword fighting, the poison scene, but especially Miracle Max!!! 
Emperor's New Groove: any scene with Cuzco or Kronk (so... like the whole movie...)
    Serious/feels/uncontrollable sobbing category:
Harry Potter: getting his wand at Ollivanders (**chills**) 
Lord of the Rings: every darn thing that comes out of Samwise Gamgee's mouth. He's quite the motivational/inspirational speaker.
Don't get me started on Pixar movies. There is no end to my favorites there.
(Possible spoilers for this one, proceed at your own risk): Some people hate on the Les Mis movie, and I totally get it. But there's this one scene after the fight on the barricade where all the dead bodies are lined up along the ground. Javert is walking around, and he sees little Gavroche's body lying there. He walks over, takes off the medal pinned to his chest, and puts it on Gavroche. I just started balling the first time I saw that scene, and if that wasn't enough, "Bring Him Home" is playing in the background throughout all that...I just can't. (here comes the uncontrollable sobbing)

9. What subjects should they teach in public school but they don't?
I would greatly benefit from a "Social Interaction Strategies for the Socially Awkward" class. Definitely needs to become a graduation requirement. 

10. What's your perfect breakfast?
Whole wheat pancakes with bacon and sausage, with assorted fruit on the side (strawberries, mangos... yum)

11. What is the most fascinating period in history?
Gotta say like the entire 20th century. So many important things, both World Wars, Holocaust, space race, Civil Rights movement, and so so so much more; it literally laid the foundation for every modern conflict going on to this day. I love the different fashions from each decade, and all the awesome music, but I mostly love it because it has the greatest impact on our world today; I feel like it's the most important stuff to know in order to be a better global citizen, ya know?

12. What book has had the greatest impact on you?
*Frantically scrolls through Goodreads trying to narrow it down*
The Book of Mormon is kind of the foundation of everything for me, and I know a lot of people do not agree with it or my religion, but that's my source of faith and joy. Of all other books, it has definitely had the greatest impact on my life.
From a non-religious standpoint, I think The Outsiders, by SE Hinton, probably had one of the biggest impacts on me. Also love WonderThe Diary of Anne Frank, and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. I recently read The Kite Runner, which was quite the emotional roller coaster as well... I should probably stop now... I'm sorry...

13. Who do you think does the most good for the world right now?
Doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals, especially during this time in history. They do so much under normal circumstance, but what they are doing right now is incredible and I'm so thankful for their bravery. Also, I think ordinary, individual people can do so much more good than we give ourselves credit for. One simple act of true kindness can go a long ways. We have the ability to change the world for the better!

14. If you could make anything illegal, what would it be?
Alcohol? Drugs? I know there are many illegal drugs already, and drunk driving and whatnot is illegal, but I guess I just want to do a better job at enforcing these things. There are so many dangers involved, and it can get to the point where they tear apart families and ruin lives.

15. If you could vacation in outer space, would you? Why or why not?
Heck to the yes! I mean, my username is acrosstheuniverse28, so it would basically be blasphemy if I said anything else ;)
But seriously, I would love to go to outer space. I'd be deadly afraid, but I couldn't pass up an opportunity like that. 
(Any one watch the NASA/SpaceX launch the other day? I want to ride in a rocket ship more than ever now!)

16. What's the scariest movie you've seen?
Coraline. Without a doubt. I'm not one for scary movies of any sort, and I think this movie is the reason why. I watched it once, and I was like seven, and I had nightmares for weeks. Then my English teacher dressed up as Coraline for Halloween this year (she did eyeshadow that looked like buttons, which was actually pretty cool). Anyways, I just hate scary movies. Period. *shudders*

Now some Q's from best at procrastinating!
Ilvermorny house?
Pukwudgie! 

In your opinion, could lasagna be considered cake?
Well... not really, at least in my opinion. You don't make batter in order to make lasagna, so therefore it's not a cake (kinda lame reasoning, I know, but oh well).

Favorite ballet?
Nutcracker will always hold a very special place in my heart; there's just so many amazing memories I associate it with! I absolutely love Swan Lake as well. The choreography and music are both amazing! Dracula is super fun/creepy, and I really want to see Giselle someday too. But yeah, other than NutcrackerSwan Lake is probably my fav.

And last but certainly not least, anoushka1705!
Favourite band?
The Beatles. Also love Billy Joel, but The Beatles are #1!

Favourite show?
Psych!!! 'Cause who isn't a fan of delicious flavor????? ...It's literally the only TV show I watch...

Favourite movie?
Gotta say The Emperor's New Groove. Oh wait, but there's Princess Bride, and Monster's Inc..... (proceeds to list nearly every movie I've ever seen)

Favourite trope in literature?
I love the "Reluctant Hero" idea, and the comic relief best friend/sidekick never gets old either. Also, I think the whole "There's no way I'm ever doing (blank)" *then cuts to scene of the characters doing exactly that* is just hilarious!

Least favorite trope?
Not a big fan of love triangles usually (but if they're done right, they can be super awesome), and I don't love the whole "soulmates" idea. And really, why do the bad guys have to wear black all the time and live in the darkest lairs where there's never any sunshine???

Best song you've heard?
There's too many... but if I had to choose one... I think I'd say "The Last Goodbye" by Billy Boyd (it's from one of the Hobbit movies). It's absolutely gorgeous, and the lyrics make me wanna cry. After I've lived to the ripe old age of 107, I want it to be played at my funeral. If you've never heard it, go. Now. You will not regret it (I hope)!

Piece you're most proud of?
It's still in the rough draft phases, and has a lot of work to go, but I'm super proud of my novel-in-progress, Get Back Homeward. I'm also proud of My Amazing, Autistic Brother 'cause I kinda just poured all my emotions out into that one. Not super proud of my poetry skills, but there's a few that I think are decent.

Thing you miss most since quarantine begun?
Dance in an actual studio and not my front entryway, and seeing all of my friends and rehearsals. Just normal life in general!
Thank you all for indulging me with these questions. I had to think really hard about some of them!
Stay safe, stay happy, stay you!

• best at procrastinating

Wow, we're actually really similar. There are so many things that you said that I could agree with! I'll just narrow it down to the answer to my question for this comment. :) I also love the Nutcracker and Giselle is really beautiful (unless you're a Wili and have to stand in one position for the entire second act. then it's incredibly painful. XD) I just read your message and I'm sad to hear that I won't be running into you on WtW as often. Take care of yourself and keep writing! :)

Replying: Your comment was really meaningful to me. Thank you so much. I haven't really opened up to my family and friends with these thoughts so it felt really nice to see that others have had the same thoughts.

I love white Cheez-its too! Way better than orange. I also really like Les Miserables. I have the piano music book for it and I'm trying to learn the songs because I'm so obsessed.

Oh my gosh! I think we would get along so well hahaha! That cool fact you know about Thomas Jefferson made me laugh so hard! And YES--Psych is awesome!!

• Coolgirl2020

So I am approximately halfway through my Cedric + Hermione series. I am so happy that so many people have enjoyed this series. Thank you so much! Also, I have two new series that I have recently started writing. “Eight People To Go” and “The Academy of Minds.” Be sure to check them out! Thank you for being such a wonderful follower! ;)

• Coolgirl2020

Thanks for answering our questions! [blows a kiss]

"All I can think of right now is that Thomas Jefferson invented the swivel chair. I just start laughing uncontrollably whenever I think of him drafting the Declaration of Independence while spinning wildly around his office. (He didn't actually do that, but I like to imagine it nonetheless.)"
    I just busted up laughing at this.