sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

(I JUST SAW MY TYPO IN THE LAST LINES...THAT SHOULD SAY “i would like to walk, actually”) i’m officially done with ap exams and exhaustion hit me like a truck. ps if you are a necromancer ;) hit me up sweetheart you know my username xoxo

love letter to the necromancers

14
it’s the kind of bone deep, to the marrow, seeps into your blood, type of exhaustion
and i guess i think, more often than i should: sleep cures a wandering mind
perhaps the dreams of earthen soil, of six feet under, of a box lying horizontal
perhaps those will do, and perhaps i am just tired, and perhaps i am more than the corpse who managed to become warm

the gravedigger begs to differ (“then beg,” i will murmur, breath rotten with decay)
and his word is law, and he is king of the castle, and he rules over a domain of moody earthworms and melodramatic coffins
i can hardly find myself to protest, to insist that rigor mortis has not yet set in, that i have a heart that beats, and open eyes that long to see life for how it sings
yet as i barely lift a finger, putrid air from the topsoil washing over me, i know: i am already one of the gravedigger’s subjects

the funny thing about this ordeal is that the earth still spins just as fast, if not faster
i will stare up at the darkness, and i will not move to be more, and i will not ask the world to wait for the dead to walk
and tragically enough, the sun will still rise, the evenings will still mock the deceased, the dreams will still dig into my skin, apathetic, and i

i would like to be walk, actually
it would be nice, that is: to be alive
-“i became a zombie / not alive, but i’m still walking” - zombie by day6
-i’m tired. that’s literally it. i had this labelled as “tired” in my notes and i literally took that word and ran with it. fast jogged with it.
-*taps mic* can i get a “the american education system has permanently exhausted me, and i’m only just starting high school, but i’m overwhelmed by academic fears, pressures, and stress/work already” for $500?

• May 23, 2020 - 2:07am (Now Viewing)

• Dmoral

"i'll take it for $600 & throw in a hug!"

but in all seriousness ~
    "the funny thing about this ordeal is that the earth still spins just as fast, if not faster
    i will stare up at the darkness, and i will not move to be more, and i will not ask the world to wait for the dead to walk"
    these lines HIT HARD, and definitely my favourite. so so so meticulous and almost melancholy.

but your overall imagery is brilliant & the figurative language is bloody brilliant. like, ugh, i just, i, i - i stan

• Halopoet

Wait sorry to ruin the excitement but what is a necromancer?

I can relate to the APs. I took three of them and felt like my brain was melted at the end of the week. This poem pretty much captures all of it.

• løne wølf

Simply INCREDIBLEEEE!!

• inanutshell

love the second stanza! & the ending! could feel the exhaustion from this piece, love the vibe it gives off. congrats on ending your exams! hope you're better rested! :)

• Just_A_Memory

Very well written! Love it!

'and perhaps i am just tired, and perhaps i am more than the corpse who managed to become warm' holy heck you are a genius. i thought yesterday that your standards couldn't go higher cuz they were already in space but nope. my gosh i can't even express how much i love this piece.
    *was just listening to the song a few days before this :)

• kiranpark

ALSO this^^^ is amazing. the descriptiveness and the formatting just creates this amazing ~vibe~ for the whole piece. incredible.

• kiranpark

replying: i think i did it?? thanks!!

• joella

wow!! you might be tired but your writing is amazing as always :) and yes ma'am, five hundred dollars for that exact thing right here.