HelpMe512

Artist, poet, writer
Ace
He/Him
Transphobes stay out
#BlackLivesMatter
Joined September 2019

"If I wait 'til my tomorrow comes, is the waiting all I've ever done?"
-Ben Platt

"It's alright, it's okay. You're not a monster just human and you made a few mistakes,"
-It's Alright by Mother Mother

"Know that you are good enough. Please don't give up when things get tough, I know, I know."
-A song from TikTok

sticks and stones

18

whoever talked about
sticks and stones
must have never known
how words can kill

when you're called
invalid
a disgrace
a monster
sticks and stones
would be better

i'd rather face
sticks and stones
than be faced
with words of hate
lowercase intentional.
sort of a vent piece because of this whole drama on here. if you know, you know. it's hit me a lot harder than i would care to admit, and some people really need to learn about how much their words can affect someone else.

• Ghoulgirl2020 (#Queenie's Halloween | I have been called Cool before if you know what I mean) ;)

Replying: OK, I appreciate you clearing things up for me. Also, please do not be offended if I continue to follow him. I definitely agree that the LGBTQ+ community deserves respect and should not be hated or discriminated against. However, I do not think that hating those that don’t respect the community is the right way to do things either. I believe that if we love them regardless of their shortcomings, we can eventually convince them to see things our way. This may be a bit too “fantastical,” and I understand if you disagree. Again, thank you for clearing things up for me. :)

• Just_A_Memory

Word are powerful. You're so inspiring, my guy. Thank you<3

• Sadiez

Very true, words can be really painful and hard to ignore and sadly there are some very ignorant and mean people out there but the main thing to remember is you are valid and it doesn’t matter what anyone else says and I like to hope and believe that the majority of people are open, loving and understanding. Anyway keep being you.

• Tomb of Jade (#spookified)

this is so true! i wrote something on this a few months ago when i was hurt by a friend's words. my snippet of "wisdom" (if you can even call it that): you can't stop sticks and stones from hurting you . but you can stop (and choose) whose words you'll take to heart.

This is very meaningful and so many need to hear this

• OpalDove

My competition results are out! Also, great poem! I totally get this. That phrase made no sense, words cu me to my core sometimes. Here's the link to the results:

• løne wølf

Yes, verbal violence and abuse scars deeply. Their words can have an effect on you for the rest of your life, whispering in your ear, plaguing your mind, and blackening your heart. Thank you for creating this piece, it really is beautiful and has a deep meaning.

I definitely agree with you. Sticks and stones hurt and yes, they leave marks. But the majority of those marks fade in time. Words can cause scars that never fade.

• MarvelousMarshmallow

Words are really the best weapon

hey. that whole drama is...man. you are valid. you will ALWAYS be valid, no matter what ANYONE says. and for every hateful, ignorant person—i can only hope there will be 10 more to back you up. from one community member to another...we’ll get through this!

• the_enclave

keep being you, helpme512. you are an inspiration.