Just_Those_Christmas_Memories (#Holidayvibes)

J.A.M.
Corinne
14
Female
Straight
Member of the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints
Ambitious
Dreamer
Anxiety
Reader
Webtoon Geek ;)
Music Must-Have
Absolute Weirdo
#giveusbackourwords
Middle child and only girl :w:

Hello Lovelies! Thank you so much for 170+ followers! It’s makes a girls heart happy. X) I hope everyone is staying safe! New here? Go check out Dmoral's piece to get you started!
https://writetheworld.com/groups/
1/shared/132307/version/254176

Well, I have exciting news! Busssy.Beee and I are doing a collaboration! We're so excited to share "As Fate Would Have Us" with you, and we hope that everyone is excited too! Go check out the trailer!
https://writetheworld.com/groups/
1/shared/203788/version/418460

And, katnissromanoff and I are collaborating to bring you the "Hate Me, Push Me, Break Me " Series! We hope you stick around and enjoy! <3

(Lots of exclamations, I know OoO)

Genevieve Elizabeth Greer, Room 481, Subject number 72, Age: 14. Failed Subject. Extermination by gas and fire | #Howdy

29
I peer out of a small window embedded into the large white door to my cell, my calloused hands on the doorknob earnestly jiggling it in hopes it would open the door. Why haven't you done it yet!? the voice in my head screams for the quadrillionth time this morning. Let me out... let me out.. let me out.

I kick the door, hands tugging at my hair as I pace away from it. GET ME OUT! the voice shrieks, making my ears ring. I plug them, curling up on the floor and rocking back and forth. LET ME OUT! I whimper and start pulling at my hair again, trying my hardest not to cry. I stare around the blank room. The white ceiling had one light bulb that was impossible to reach, the floor was plain white mats, and the walls were cold white concrete. Everywhere I look, I see white. How I hate that color. White. So boring. So... confining. 

My stomach was empty. I wouldn't eat what food they brought me. I didn't know what they put in it. It made me crazy. It made me crave it. I wanted it so bad. I sit up, tugging at my ears which had blood trailing out of them. The ringing was killing them. Killing my ears. It was fine if they didn't work anymore. I didn't want to hear anything They told me. They spoke nonsense. Speaking of Them... I turn and look at the wall to my right. The one way window that They used to watch me haul myself around. They felt nothing. Otherwise, they wouldn't have locked me, a teenager, all by her lonesome in a room. Well, alone besides the voices. How many others had they brought in? How young were the others? How old? I stand and walk back towards the window, staring directly through the window in the door on the opposite side of the hallway. They'd taken the young girl that stayed in there days ago. I think It was days anyway. I didn't really know. I never saw the sun. Never had a watch to see what time it was. Just slept when I couldn't function anymore and woke up when I couldn't stand the nightmares for another second. I suppose I don't really know which one's worse. The waking world, or the dreamscape. Either way, I would end up dead. That was what happened to the other girl. I could see the blood spots they missed on the door as they dragged her body away. 

I try the door again, biting my bottom lip as it trembled. FREEDOM! I WANT MY FREEDOM! the voice cried, clawing at my brain. An ear splitting scream fills the room, and it takes me a moment to realize it's from me. Suddenly, the intercom crackled, startling me. I backed up into a corner of the room, sobbing relentlessly. The tears from my eyes were mixed with blood, trailing down my blistering face. "COLBIE MARIE ANDERSON, ROOM 273, SUBJECT NUMBER 59, AGE: 15. CLEAR OF INFECTION." the speaker boomed.

I look up at the speakers, balling my hands into seething fists. That'll be us next, the voice cackled, low and deadly. Except, instead of being saved we'll be eliminated. Destroyed by gas and fire. 

I was stuck in some kind of ruthless prison, where they experiment on you until you are of no worth to them. Being in the boring white room itself wasn't the scary part of it all though, nor was the reaper that waited on the other side of your door. It was the simple fact that you were alone. By yourself. With yourself and whatever other entities you let into your mind. Genevieve Elizabeth Greer, Room 481, Subject number 72, Age: 14. Failed Subject. Extermination by gas and fire, the voice crowed, creating it's own label for my death. This is why we need to leave! They deserve to feel my wrath, just like you do. The pain a blood virus can bring.

Without warning, my body jolts up. My movements were mechanical as I bashed myself into the door, earnestly trying to leave. How much longer would I be isolated from the world? From real people? Would I never see the sun again? Yes! Yes! the voice screamed as I continued throwing myself at the door. One of the blood blisters on my face exploded, the red, metallic-y substance dribbling into my mouth. I could feel it leaking out of my nose, and my ears. I screamed at the top of my lungs, pressing my face into the small window and making eye contact with a startled guard. If I can't have them, the voice sings. Then they certainly can't have you. And then the lights went out. But I swear, as I faded away, I could hear the speakers blare into the dark, Genevieve Elizabeth Greer, Room 481, Subject number 72, Age: 14. Failed Subject. Extermination by gas and fire.
Word Count: 832
This is for the #Howdy competition! Make sure to go check it out if you haven't already. This is prompt one. I didn't know what else to do, so...

1

• beth r.

just sayin, this is one of the first pieces i read on here months ago, and i remember being blown away- it needs to be turned into a movie or something
    re: IK

• EliathRose

Replying: Thank you for the profile picture support. It is much appreciated. Sorry that it made you jump, though, haha!

• batman_is_a_cracker

Here are the results for #Howdy:

• amazing grace

results are up.

• kealoha

This draws in the reader so well! Great job :)

• queenie

I would love to see this as a series. Keep up the good work.

Happy writing
    -Adventurer

• Ahsan Nizaam

It was as if it was me inside that room. Your words brought that along beautifully. I love your work

Wow, this gives me the chills! The thrill and the sci-fi-ness! (I think I just made that word up, yup.) Amazing! I loved this!

• mia_:)

AAAH! I've missed your thrilling shorts so much and am so glad you wrote another one! I felt myself slowly drawing into my bed lol :D

This is honestly one of the best things I have ever read! It was such a gripping story and the suspense was so well done!

Wow!!! This is soooooooo good! I wasn't expecting that twist!
    Also,At some point it reminded me of The Death Cure but again the whole situation we are currently in reminds me of The Maze Runner. Feels like this is what a dystopian society is!

• Currently Unavailable

Woah. Scary and creepy and super disturbing. BUT FOR SOME REASON, I LOVE IT!!! :)

• løne wølf

This gave me the chills. I'm going to have a nightmare now. Thanks XD On a more serious note, this is a magnificent piece!

• batman_is_a_cracker

Howdy. Thanks for entering in my comp! This was... WOW! That's all I'm gonna say for now. Good job and good luck~

• CrazyNinjaKid

This title is so cool, it fits with this so nicely!