Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

I am seventeen and live in the South. I am currently a junior in high school. I love working out, reading, writing and painting. I also enjoy spending time with my parents, boyfriend and friends. I am a Christian and I like to encourage others.

Hey guys!!!! During this time we need writing more than ever. Right now we need to be able to express our thoughts and feelings. While we express ourselves through writing we should also support each other. I know sometimes it is very hard but we should try to spread positivity. I absolutely love it when people peer-review my work, so please do and I can peer-review a piece of yours of your choosing in return. Keep writing and inspiring others. Keep expressing yourself. May God bless you.

Soulmates and Angles (Part Eleven)

7
    I wake up to someone lips pressed against mine. I peel open my eyes and see Tristian's face. I gently pull my face away and stare at him. "What happened? All I remember is talking to Ryder and then passing out." Tristian points to the room we are in which is no longer the hospital room. We are sitting in the tree house. Our tree house. "You were talking to Ryder and Aurora but then something unexpected happened. The doctors said you were cured of broken heart syndrome. And this happened..." Tristian smiles and gently reaches for my wrist. He lines our wrists up beside each other and I gasp. "They changed!? The symbols changed!?" I can't believe this. This has never happened before. The government system is changing. Maybe the system itself has realized it isn't perfect.
    I examine our wrists. The heart on my wrist has disappeared and has been replaced with a moon. Our two symbols were combined. Both of the hearts vanished from our wrists. His was replaced by the lock and key from mine. I smile and gently trace my symbol then wince. "I should have learned from touching it after I got it the first time that it hurt like heck." Tristian laughs and then pulls me towards him. "I love you Char. More than you will ever know." He kisses my lips and the whole world melts away. 
    Sirens break the silence and we pull away from each other. "What the heck does the government want now? We didn't break any rules! Our symbols morphed." Tristian's blue eyes sizzle with anger and confusion. Suddenly a beam of light fills the tree house and Ryder appears with Aurora. "Hey lovebirds." I chuckle when Ryder shakes his head at my remark. "Actually Lotty we prefer to be called soul-angels thank you very much." Ryder rolls his eyes and Aurora smacks his forehead with her wings. "We figured that we needed to be present when the officer shows up. He needs to see that the symbols changed. The government is loosing control over the system. The system is now changing based on who people love. If you can't truly love who has your matching symbol then your symbol changes to match the one you have always love." Aurora kisses Ryder on the cheek and smiles.
    I gingerly go down the ladder and watch Tristian as he follows me. Aurora and Ryder jump down the ladder and their laughter fills the air. The government officer approaches us with fury written on his face. "I wiped your memories so that you would obey the government. We decide who belongs with who! You don't get to choose!" The four of us show the officer our wrists and he gasps. He also notices Ryder's wings and halo. "The government system doesn't control love anymore. Love controls the government system. Ryder and I could never be soulmates but Tristian and I were destined for one another." I smirk at the officer as I grab Tristian by the shirt and kiss him hard. "If word gets out about this then the government will be ruined!" The officer paces around looking quite irritated. "Maybe the government just needs to admit it isn't perfect. Or maybe the government needed to be reminded that perfection doesn't exist. This will be the new normal. Nothing can bind true love any longer." Tristian grins and then points to the patrol car signaling for the officer to leave. The officer stomps to his car and drives away.
    Tristian looks at me and his eyes shimmer like the ocean in the summer. He slowly reaches into his pocket and then gets down on one knee. "Our story hasn't gone how we wanted it to these past months. We lost each other and then we were forced to forget about each other. Our love was to great to be lost or forgotten. Char I have loved you for two years and I will never stop loving you. Will you please marry me? Not because the symbols match but because the feelings in our hearts do." A tear slips down my cheek as I scream "YES! I LOVE YOU TRISTIAN." Laughing Tristian slips the ring on my finger. It was the one he had given Aurora... but this time it belongs to the right girl. Aurora waggles her fingers in front of my face and I see her diamond planted on her face. "He asked me yesterday. All of this heartache we have all been through was worth this moment right now."
    Four months later I am nervously pacing Tristian's bedroom while Aurora tries to calm me down. "Goldy Lotty please stop pacing! If you aren't careful you will trip over your wedding dress." She gently grabs my shoulders forcing me to stop pacing and pulls me in front of the mirror. My strawberry blonde hair is curled and half of it is pulled up into a waterfall braid. Silver eyeshadow gleams on my eyelids. My lashes are painted with mascara and my eyelids are winged by eyeliner. My lips are a rosy color and they quiver nervously. My beautiful wedding dress slightly drags the ground due to its train. The dress hugs my waist revealing my hour glass figure. The sweetheart neckline lays below a beautiful diamond necklace. I smile at myself and turn towards Aurora who is adorned in a Carolina blue brides maid dress. Her red hair has been curled and her eyelids have had silver eyeshadow applied to them. Her mascara and eyeliner look amazing. Her pink lips shape into a smile as she starts guiding me towards the door.
    "What if I don't look like how he has dreamed about for the past four months?" Aurora laughs at my stupid question. "He has loved you for two years. I honestly think that he would marry you even if you were dressed in a garbage bag. You look like an angel." Aurora smirks and then giggles. "I certainly don't look as beautiful as how you did last week." I hug my cousin and she beams. "Thank you Charlotte. Last week was my time to shine but today is your special day. Ryder and I are just glad to be part of it, even though we aren't here in normal capacity." Aurora guides me out of Tristian's room and outside. We turn around the house when the music starts playing. My dad approaches me and holds my arm. Aurora walks ahead of me with her eyes focused on Ryder. She is my maid of honor and Ryder is Tristian's best man. As my dad walks me down the isle I can only focus on Tristian. His smiles lights up my world.
    A few hours later Tristian and I are curled up in the bed watching a movie. "I can't believe that I just married you. I love you Charlotte. You are my soulmate. You are my dream come true. I am so glad that the government couldn't keep us apart." I smile and rest my head on his chest. "I love you too. I have never been more happy in my life." Tristian starts to play with my hair and I close my eyes drifting off to sleep. He has always been my soulmate but now he is also my angel. He saved me.  
Considering this being the last part.... BUT!!! If you want to see Charlotte and Tristian have a family and continue college as well as seeing what Ryder and Aurora do with their lives... Please let me know.. If so I can add a few more parts with that :)

• Happy butterfly

Awww this was such a cute series

• purple galaxy

btw for the last part, it should be the epilogue

• purple galaxy

oh yes plz make more to this I love it SOOOOOOOOOOOO much

• MarvelousMarshmallow

Everyone got their happy ever after SCREW THE GOVERNMENT

• amazing grace

a new part is out. i hope you like it. :)

• amazing grace

i don't mean to be a pest, but i would like that word count i'm just so excited to help you out.

• Ahsan Nizaam

I really love your ending. It's awesome!!!

• Charisse Marison

AW!!!!! This was so sweet <3
    I'm kind of sad to see the series be finished, but at the same time, I'm happy everything worked out with them :)

• MarvelousMarshmallow

Replying: Awesome! Can’t wait to get to it

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

That is true. Oh my word thank you for helping me

• amazing grace

got it, and please let me know on the series thing. also if you want to do a in the future thing you could consider an epilogue.

• V-Rose

Hey, Chapter 4 of Never Really Real has been published! Here's the link:

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Thank YOU

• amazing grace

i think you could definitely add a whole other book about how the government changes now that the system doesn't work.

also i would like the total word count of all of this put together, and if you take my suggestion i need to know so i could help you get it published.

• Coolgirl2020

I LOVE THIS!! If you were to write more, I wouldn’t object, but I personally think this is a great ending and you should stop here. If not, well, send me the link and I’ll check it out!