meherv

Fake Feminism?

9
Feminism, meaning the advocacy of women's rights, and having equal rights for women, as well as for men. Being a feminist originally meant to be feminine/being a women, but has recently changed its meaning since the 1800's, to being a person (man/woman) who supports equality amongst genders. 

Nowadays, many people consider 'feminism' to mean that women are higher than men. Which is not supposed to be the case. For several years, women demanded a say in their country's work, and tried to overthrow the so-called 'Patriarchal' society. And now, in this generation, women have started to blindly support the idea of feminism, without knowing what it is, and just calling themselves 'feminists' to show men that women are stronger.

These kind of people are known as 'Fake - feminists', who show that they are trying to help the women society, when they are just pulling us, women, further down. There have been fake feminists all throughout the years, but now, since it's the age of social media, and that everything is being broadcasted throughout the world, such occurrences of 'fake feminists' have started to become more and more common. The incident commonly known as the 'Boy's locker room' began with everyone victimising the boys in the SnapChat group, for making nasty comments on the pictures of different girls. But when it was revealed that it was actually a girl, posing as a boy, and talking trash about other girls herself, claiming that it was all in the name of feminism, and that she wanted to test other boys. 

Many people agreed with the girl and still kept on targetting the boys in the group, just because they were boys. This clearly shows how women just use the idea of feminism to put men down. This mindset of people should change!

• May 21, 2020 - 1:38am (Now Viewing)

• asta

while i see where you're going with this, labelling misandrists as feminists is harmful to the true feminist movement. third-wave feminism doesn't advocate for female superiority, and it's wrong to depict an entire generation as being misandrists. also your examples were wrong, the boys locker room and the fake snapchat accounts were two separate incidents that happened to come out at the same time.

• Halopoet

I totally agree with this piece and it was very well written. Im hosting a competition which has a prompt that this piece will fit in. You can enter if you want to

i agree with your idea, but the statement that “ This clearly shows how women just use the idea of feminism to put men down” is a huge over-generalization. new wave feminists can be quite harmful, yes, like you’ve shown in the situation, but labeling activists as people who try to mistreat others in the name for equality is a very poor label. feminism at its core is the belief that men and women should have equal rights. this isn’t the case anywhere in the world, though there are varying degrees of reaching that point, and thus feminists will continue to exist! reasonable feminists believe this because the cause is an actual human rights issue, not an excuse. it’s just that the radfems/new wave ones tend to outshine the reasonable ones.

I completely agree with this. However, i don't think that women or anyone really, should label misandrists (those who hate men), as 'feminists', because that term means equality. And real feminists lose credibility because of misandrists's opinions.

• mia_:)

I totally agree! I call myself a feminist in the name of equality, not superiority. Other people should too! I think we should have a society where people can finally stop warring about this stuff and people can be respected doing what they want to do, regardless of gender. Thanks for writing this piece!

• Kayden

I agree with this completely. Somewhere down the line feminism started to replace the idea of equality. Women deserve all the respect in the world but not because they're women, because they're people. And all people should be respected regardless of their gender.

• Ahsan Nizaam

Wow man I totally agree with you. I couldn't have said it better. I wanted to know one thing. What inspired you to write this?

I agree,people need to understand that feminism is the equality of men and women and not 1 being more superior than the other.

• Two Heartbeats

There really needs to be an educational reintegration of feminisms meaning. I openly call myself a male feminist. I say that knowing exactly what it means because for some reason people have an issue. Because at our root a lot of us are my definition feminists. So with reintegration of the true meaning we’ll all be better.