sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

all 5 of my ap exams are now done!!! thanks for the questions! maybe this helps you put a better picture to me?

q&a answers for my beloveds #askthewriter

17
 welcome back to my dungeon, naughty ones. seriously, you guys are just so sweet! everyone's comment left me flustered from your congrats, and because i'm an air sign i wheezed and flapped my arms. so again, thank you all so much <3. now begin the interrogation.

Anha (i'm not sure if you'll read this, but miss anha you're my wtw idol! the amount of respect and admiration i have for your writing is unreal, ever since i first joined, so i can't tell you how much it means to wake up one day and see that you followed me!)

what do you want people to say about you most? that i was special to them in some way, and that i left an impression that they'll remember
there is a holy sword hanging on your wall that you found on the street last week. describe it. foot long chicago style hot dog.
you are a world-renowned author. what is your pseudonym? jade (or solar) nguyen! it's my name in vietnamese, and solar is related to my real name, sunny! and nguyen is a common viet last name + mom's maiden name
what does your dream home look like? (e.g. location, interior, who you are living with, etc.) living with some friends and a cool roommate in california, home filled with eldritch horrors (oh my gosh they were roommates)
a quote is attributed to you for the ages. what is it? "and she was revolutionary. a young storm in and of itself, a girl to be remembered for many, many things."
what character trope do you think you embody? the character with so many weapons that when asked to remove them, (now remove all of them!) pulls daggers from her boots. or the cold romantic interest that ends up being part of some evil scheme!
and finally: how are you? great, now that you asked me such wonderful questions! i'm keeping the unanswered ones as writing prompts!

white mountains (the reason i pushed myself into wtw, and my first ever friend here! please go say hi to jo!)
favorite outfit in your closet? i'm a real fashionista/diva, so i have a LOT of outfits. hard to choose, but i have a half jumpsuit/half dress that's semi casual with a nice train (as in the piece of cloth)!
what do you look like? (basic questions but I'm trying to picture you in my head lol) medium tan asian with long black hair (everyone calls it silky! it's my pride) and tiny beauty marks on my face. 5'2, toned soccer legs. my friends tell me that i'm quite pretty but that's because i've sucked the youth out of so many warriors over the millenia
something you wish other people knew about you? i'm easily touched but equally as fragile
if your life was a book, what would the title be? "tragedy/comedy of the golden girl"
something about your personality that might surprise people?  i come off as quite cold, but when you get to know me i'm really soft and very very loud! i'm just shy
when's your birthday/ what grade are you in? october 18th, 9th grade (freshman. ugh)
a phrase you use a lot? "okay coward" because it's applicable in almost every casual convo and "you're just madly in love with me"
something you do for fun besides writing? soccer! fashion's a favorite hobby, too.
three words your friends/ family would use to describe you friends: witty, aggravatingly funny. family: soft, hardworking, baby!!
if we ever meet irl, can we get donuts? ;) they're on me, my dearest <3

AutumnRain
1. Would you rather wear socks for the rest of your life or gloves for the rest of your life? gloves! i love fingerless gloves
2. What's your favourite vegetable? did you just...did you just say vegetable?
3. Do you have any pets? nope, i act like a puppy enough as it is!
4. Favourite song at the minute? at the minute, it's "the book of you & i" by alec benjamin or punch by nct 127
5. What was the last movie you watched? Was it any good? 11 hour loop of chinchilla dust bathing. effervescent.

Charisse Marison
1) Are you okay after your surgery? Are you feeling better? recovering well! i had an ACL surgery, so while it's a bummer to take a break from semiprofessional soccer, i'll be alright! thanks for asking <3
2) Favorite Youtubers? i only watch youtube to listen to music/workout sorry!
3) Biggest inspiration in your life? my mom! she's been through a lot, especially as an immigrant, so i want to be great one day so i can give her what she deserves
4) Favorite dessert? ice cream cake!
5) What's the most rebellious thing you have ever done? i'm a real goody two shoes, but i did subtly stage an uprising against an unfair teacher and get the rest of the grade in on it

mia_:)
1. Funniest thing that has happened to you in quarantine? i was barking at the neighbor's dog for fun, and i didn't notice that their teenage kid was staring at me
2. Describe your dream bedroom. big enough to perform rituals in
3. Describe your favorite pair of shoes. sparkly high heels with 3D(4D? lol? they're solid, basically) flowers on the front
4. Spicy foods: yes or no? i can tolerate spicy but eh
6. What is one thing that you will never do again? text friends while loopy from the surgery drugs
7. Have you ever experienced peer pressure? i had to accept a public-ish confession. :/
8. Hobbies? soccer, fashion, drawing, songwriting! watching puppy videos!
9. Weird food combo that you love? chicken and egg?
10. What is your representative animal? a puppy, a shiba inu!

Emi (i'm so indecisive! i couldn't answer some, lo siento!)
4. If you could choose your age forever, which age would you choose and why? 21! i'd be youthful but still legally allowed to do stuff
6. Would you rather be able to become invisible or fly? fly! imagine how many pranks i could do with that...
8. Cats or dogs? both!! so indecisive
9. If you could be an animal, what animal would you be and why? i have a puppy personality but being a cat sounds very nice!
10. If you could bring back any fashion trend from any period in time, which would it be and why? i'm obviously a fashion icon that could bring it back (kidding! am i?) vintage hooded head scarves 1940s and flapper accessories 1920s!
11. What would you do with a million dollars? A billion? redistribute wealth after buying my family a nice place and myself a cool house and a 50 foot tall inflatable plastic lobster
12. If you could trade places with anybody in the world, who would it be and why? any famous author. they come with a decent amount of public eye on them, and i have things i'd wanna say!
13. If you could kill any fashion trend forever, what would it be? overly baggie jeans!
14. If you could be in any movie, what would it be and what character would you be? mulan live action. i come off looking pretty scary :( so might as well use that and activate the asian warrior inside me
16. What's the best advice someone has given you? on ig i saw something that said "if you cringe at your past self, you have grown as a person" and man, did i need to hear that...

Ellen J, acrosstheuniverse28Quarkoala, and Two Heartbeats (in order)
Have you entered any competitions on WtW? If so, which one has been your favourite to participate in and why? just two! i think it was a december (it's a long story, but yes i joined april 27 2020) reflection contest! i got an honorable mention. i made that piece very personal to me, and i'll probably remaster it sometime
Got a favorite book? How about a favorite song/album/artist? "aristotle and dante discover the secrets of the universe" and favorite artists are alec benjamin, taylor swift, p!atd and nct
On a scale from 1 to often, how often are you tempted to use clichés? 5! cliches aka common tropes can be great if done well/originally.
Favorite kind of candy? cookies and cream hershey's bar

Samina
Embarrassing memory. last year my old pre-calc teacher (who i adore! we still talk) called out some kid for "flirting" with me bc the kid was teasing me. more embarrassing for the dude, probably
One thing you hate about yourself? i wish i had thicker skin
What is your guilty pleasure? i'm a huge prankster! >:0
What has been your best moment this year (so far)? homecoming dance! sorry, the american highschooler in me jumped out
One thing you could change about the world. legislation in every country that discriminates against the civil rights of minorities should be null
One stereotype you hate the most. people saying that minorities and marginalized/traditionally oppressed groups are somehow "hypocritical" for acknowledging groups that have it easy in society and pointing it out! don't wanna get controversial but i'm nearly every minority under the sun, and bc that's my business i won't list them, so don't come at me w that mindset! 
What’s your biggest fear? being a failure
If you were the President for a day what would you do? defend civil rights of minorities
If you got one superpower what would it be? telekinesis!
True love or your career(dreams)? i'm a romantic, but career! i owe it to my mama. i'll find less satisfactory love along the way?
Where do you hope to be five years from now? Ten? Fifteen? successful, happy, and always surrounded with people that i love

chrysanthemums&ink (my babie!! my winged girl!!!)
1. are you apart of any niche communities? ;) niche means "small and specific" to me so: chinese novel (specifically danmei) reader, kpop fan, *cuffed jeans and fingers guns*, thai drama watcher, adventurous foodie!
2. how did you end up at WtW? hungry writer girl stumbles onto writing website while unable to move bc of surgery
3. what is your greatest regret? that i didn't choose a less violent sport lol
4. what is one thing you'd do if there were no consequences afterwards? gamble illustriously until everyone thinks im a boss crime kingpin in my dazzling casino
5. what is the one thing you can't stand other people saying? "ah, that hits the spot" WHAT SPOT? you're EATING FOOD. i'll give you ANOTHER spot to hit, buddy. ugh.
6. what is one thing you can't stand about yourself? i can't like...feel anything halfway, lol. i'm either really adoring of someone or i'm all out angry or i'm all out sad or...yeah
7. what is your favorite writing trope? found family, modern/urban fantasy, enemies to lovers!
-thank you for the questions! this has been your favorite monstrosity that refuses to put normal footnotes. mwah!
-do i go notify everyone that i answered these?...

wait wtf why didn't you answer my questions

I just read this and it was so much fun!! I definitely feel like I know you better—but you still seem so wise lol. I guess its good to have such a smart older sister :) So glad to get to know you. All my love <3

• Dmoral

UGH, sunny, ily. thanks for all your lovely comments/likes on my pieces (i feel like we're going back and forth lol) and i'm trying to find more but i'm running out of reading material of yours lol. and ik i have more cause i've been here longer but oh well.
    in response to your comment about me knowing BurningMidnightOil (on the "guy who cursed at church piece), i met her through wtw back in 2018. in the beginning of 2020 tho we got closer and exchanged emails and know we text using this email app thingy (google hangouts lol) and yeah, so i kinda know her irl. anyway, we're planning to meet up eventually. so anyway,
    again, thanks for the love !!!! definitely shifting threw the few pieces of your i've yet to read ! *kisses cheeks*

Replying- of course you are, hun. You seem a bit more put-together and sweet, with clear goals ahead. whilst i’m more of a far too cocky than i should, hot mess, with no goal but to survive another year of school lol

You sound like a genuinely cool person! We are polar opposites in many things, but I think that is what makes you seem awesome! Also, yes! Get rid of those baggylike jeans please!

may 2020 wtw highlights are live, and you're in them!
    https://bit.ly/2Y5VAMe

Replying: I listened to the one you mentioned above as well as a few random others. Oh that's so cool--My middle name is Jade (and so is my mom's) thus the username.

Loved reading this!! You seem like such a fun person and I'm glad I get to read your writings! Also I looked up Alec Benjamin and he's so good!!

I hate baggy jeans too! It drives me crazy because my legs are literally the only part of me that looks somewhat skinny (I'm not fat but I'm very broad-shouldered so I look overweight) and I hate jeans that are so loose they make my legs look thick.

• mia_:)

congrats on the ap tests! i loved getting to know you better and I feel like we would definitely be friends irl!! also, I'm kinda having a q&a (i haven't finished answers yet, so I'm still open for questions if you're interested but no pressure). <3<3 luv ya!!!

• asta

loved reading your answers! you're such a lovely person, your comments make my day! plus your writing is *chef's kiss*

• joella

and yayyy you finished APs *claps* *dragon finger dances*

• joella

awww you're so sweet!! I wish I was athletic like you. these answers honestly made my day. I loved getting to know you better!

how are you so nice????? i'm not a baby (not even gonna say hmph). it was nice to learn more about you! your footnotes are charming ;)

oh gosh thanks for saying i'm an idol? i don't know if i deserve that title but you're quite the gifted writer yourself. glad i could give you some food for thought, and when i think about it, a lot of my questions did sound like writing prompts so hope you use them well lmao. (ngl tho, judging by the amount of exclamation marks in your answers, i'd take the "cold" out of "cold romantic interest". there's nothing wrong with embracing femininity. it took me a long time to learn that.)

• Halopoet

Replying: Haha no it might be on sunday or monday. And you did say it correctly thankyou so much it was very sweet of you

• elliem

Also, you sound so cool! I love reading these q&a answers. :)

• elliem

Reply: Thanks for reaching out to me. I love seeing other supporters here. :) I'd feel uncomfortable with purposely shouting out the user's name. I realize that what they said was completely unacceptable, but I also think that this should be a learning experience for them. I'm going to unfollow them, and if you also want to, you'll be able to find who it is by searching up "userfiction" under title of work. Thanks again for reaching out, and I hope you're having a nice day.