sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

i’m tired and feeling down and my last ap exams are today and tomorrow so this was churned out and i’m not entirely happy with it but! i’m always down for your feedback/criticisms. even for my semi vents

we can rule the streets

23
who’s more of a fool: you, who digs desperately through alleyway puddles of murky rain-gutter water, looking for crowns of gold
or me, who decides that she fits best at your side, following your fantasies despite it all?

i don’t understand how you can look at the world and think that it has anything to offer us more than grimy dimes and charcoal-dusted palms
we are children raised from dust, and in dust shall we remain, and to dust shall we return

but not you, sweetheart, no, you don’t believe me, do you?
you’ve only ever wanted thrones drawn away from the dirt, wanted to taste the touch of a queen’s ease draped in crimson velvet
you look at the ground like you have king midas’ touch, you know that, babe?

i press together sheets of manila paper and crude staples to make us paper crowns
isn’t it enough to put them on and pretend that we command more than acrylic painted tin cans and dollar store pop rings?
you will appease me, and you will place it gingerly on your head, but the glint of your eyes reflects off the mud water, and i know you will always yearn to be more

i wonder when you will stop to breathe, when you will allow us to stop gorging ourselves on empty dreams of marble palaces and silken tapestries
yet for now, i will stare at the sky with you, and i will pretend to see through your eyes and find opportunities tucked into the clouds instead of a sun to melt our wings
and you and i, living off burning asphalt and plastic CDs and the crackle of the radio static from my beat up car, can always hope to sit on thrones one day

but darling, we can rule the streets
and isn’t that royalty enough?
-king midas (with his touch of gold) and icarus (without a much needed life vest) cameo, because i’m predictable
-this isn’t an experience of mine, and honestly i’m much more the ambitious “you” than the “i” but i like the idea of this friendship/relationship wherein one is content with their slightly gritty fast pace life and the other just dreams of more
-*breakdances gently* typical teenage angst! could be romantic or platonic, whatever you see

• May 21, 2020 - 8:32am (Now Viewing)

• mia_:)

Rediscovered this piece and realized I forgot to like it! Is it ok if I write a piece somewhat inspired by it? <3

• rosemarywisdom

Oh my goodness, how am I only discovering this now... your writing style is flawless and honestly wish I could "favorite" this somehow... but you deserve literally all the shout outs for this piece. My favorite line's got to be "and you and i, living off burning asphalt and plastic CDs and the crackle of the radio static from my beat up car, can always hope to sit on thrones one day".

I love the conflict between the two viewpoints here—the one content with lot in life, and the other wanting to achieve the best. I'm probably the latter, too!

Also, you don't have to answer, but where do you get most of your inspiration for your pieces from?

AHHH this is so beautiful and real. I love stuff about teenage angst.

• Doodleninja

beautiful! fantastic imagery!

replying: yo I was just playing Howl's Moving Castle theme on the piano before I wrote that XD studio Ghibli FTW

• A Certain Type of Decisive

Replying: It's absolutely my pleasure. (I'm so bored, mate. Like so bored. Like writing songs for strangers bored) You can write a piece about me if you want (?) and I would be so honored (!) but it's not in any way necessary. If there's pieces you're interested in seeing converted, feel free to comment more! Try to get permission if they aren't yours, but if it's someone who's no longer active, it doesn't really matter because I don't make money off the music and they don't have lyrics. I'm glad you liked the song!

Replying: Thanks! I was sick for months, so I lost all of my strength. I worked really hard, though. I'm sick again, but I'm less physically weak, just more tired. I am currently trying to get back what I lost, and I can do around 15-25 pushups, and I've started to do planks too. I'm sure you can totally do that and better!

• joella

wow!! I'd copy and paste my favorite lines but that's basically the whole piece :) I know you said this piece could go other way but I sort of sensed a "doomed love" thing here...I probably read it totally wrong but I guess that's just where the romantic in me goes, lol.
    also yayy AP homestretch! you got this!

(everyone ignore this, i accidentally took down mia's comment so i'm pasting it here for myself LOL)

mia_:)

"i press together sheets of manila paper and crude staples to make us paper crowns"
    this is so wonderful! I love the details about the paper and the use of the word "crude" really adds to the tone you have going on here!

Just wow! I LOVE this piece with all my heart! Your lines and diction are fantastic and I love the concept! *breakdances aggressively*

Also, good luck on your exams! Don't stress over it too much, it'll all work out! <3<3

'you look at the ground like you have king midas’ touch, you know that, babe?' favorite line.
    that entire fourth stanza, i'm not sure what it is, but it brings a certain mood to this piece that's just *chefs kiss*. i love this.