mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

*guiltily hides crumpled hershey wrappers under bed*

"life is like a box of chocolates"

PROMPT: Enumeration

6
  1. creamy milk chocolate, reminiscent of candlelight dinners, shadows dancing through concave glass, magnifying love, lust, and everything in between. smooth saxophone gliding into the rafters, ella fitzgerald's soulful voice twisting with the chocolate on your tongue.
  2. fireside white chocolate spits out snow, christmas movies scrolling through credits as you sip cocoa in your cabin, dog curled up in your lap as flake after flake coats the roof over your head. mariah carey carols in the background and, tucking your plaid blanket close to your chin, you settle deeper into the couch cushions and take another bite.
  3. spicy dark chocolate infused with cayenne, a flick to the nose as you close your eyes and take a bite. years of culture dumped into a delicious bar. papel picado lining cobblestone streets, buildings leaning into each other as mariachi strum and blast into trumpets. a flamenco dancer grabs your hand, twirling you down the slanting road, and you laugh as her lavender skirt billows out, revealing hints of canary yellow underneath.
  4. almonds catch your breath and wrappers slide cleanly between your fingers, subways and buses vying for dominance on the busy metropolitan street. it melts in your fingers, a waterfall worthy of willy wonka slipping beneath your cuticles, and you quickly lick it up when no one is watching.
  5. salted caramel days at the beach, sand between your toes as orange plants her flag in the dusky sky. is the salt from the candy or the alkaline air? amber love graces your taste buds as the tide flows over your bare toes. 
  6. dried cherries coated in creamy exterior, mascara blends with your chocolate tears. handful after handful of chewy goodness shoved into mouth to quell the sadness, the pain. it doesn't work. knees tucked to chest, letter gripped in hand, why must the cherries always be the bearers of bad news?
  7. espresso days at home in your pajamas, laptop slung across slippered legs. fingers feeding into stories, breathing new meaning into everyday life. those lazy weekends with chocolate coffee mugs dangling between tired fingers, tv remote in close proximity, ideas eluding you, but well within reach.
As Forrest Gump once said, "Life is like a box of chocolates . . ."

Kinda having a writer's block, so forgive my chocolate indulgences!

Darn, now I'm hungry! 

Let me know if there's another kind of chocolate I should add!

• Tushar Mandhan

your diction! Forrest Gump!! Chocolate!! Could this piece BE more better!!!
    P.S.- Sorry my friends fandom jumps in while commenting XD

replying: omg i had to look it up but apparently white chocolate isn’t VERY toxic but it’s high in fat so dogs will throw up :((( chocolate......i love white chocolate....blurgh now IM rambling!!

• N.

this is a sweet little piece, i love all of the cozy, detailed aesthetics. 3 and 5 stood out the most to me, the imagery and wording was lovely! although i do have a question about what you meant by "alkaline air"? also, the title made me smile :)

• Just_A_Memory

Hel-lo.. My nAmE Es FaRrEsHt GuMp XD I love Forrest Gump! Oooh! Caramel Chocolate is the BEST

So simple yet so complete. My favorite line is "is the salt from the candy or the alkaline air?" Just amazing.

ok here’s my proper comment since my love for white chocolate literally took control over my senses (i’m like a dog lol. except...dogs can’t have chocolate? you get what i mean hehe) i LOVE how every chocolate has a different mood? like the milk chocolate is romantic, the white chocolate is festive, and the espresso is cozy/at home. this piece was so fun to read!!! it was like literally opening those assorted chocolate boxes and going through the flavors of them! the way you packed different vibes into each chocolate is so creative and masterful. wonderful, tasty work!

i'm hungry too. the descriptions in this are really delicious... don't think i've ever wanted to eat words before.

WHITE CHOCOLATE WHITE CHCOOATE WHITE CHOCOLYEBDCH WHIte chOCOLATE!!! THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THAT IN THRTR