joella

Israel

she/her | high school | wasian | enfp

i sip inked tea in someone else's garden

(formerly ★ white mountains ★)

not sure what exactly this is but as soon as I saw the prompt "enumerate" my mind went to "NUMBER ONE!" iykyk

feedback always appreciated!

three fundamental truths

PROMPT: Enumeration

11
where are these thoughts taking me?
I'm too scared to change my life
so I let you lead the way

number one: I'm a girl in a world in which my only job is to move along (my father had no son so I'm the one who has to measure up to one) so i'm the oldest not the prettiest and the voices in my head are insidious/ and if I keep impulsively buying random things like plastic chickens I'll be penniless/ that doesn't mean I want them any less

I've come to haunt your waking days, sort of like the opposite of a guardian angel
pleasure to meet you
are you a demon?

number two: people like me 'cause of my reputation it elevates my status I'd/ have to be naive to set that aside maybe that is why/ I changed completely this year (no shame nor pride) nice going joella you know he was right/ you will never be satisfied

thank you for your service
if you end up doing something worthwhile, it'll be worth it
they leave me to it

number three: I know myself since I live in my own mind someday I'll probably find I've ruminated myself blind/ when I don't voice an opinion it's not that I'm silently resigned/ the choice just isn't mine/ (I say I'm fine but I might be lying)
yes before you ask I'm a hardcore hamilfan *bows* thank you
I'm angelica and charisse is eliza (and if anyone wants to be peggy you're more than welcome to join our family) 

• Gavacado2005

Now that I know so much about you, I think it’s time you and me hang out-call me

• bambiamby

this is AMAZINGGG!! so well written!

• asta

i didn't catch the hamilton references bc i'm uncultured trash and have never watched it, but "someday I'll probably find I've ruminated myself blind" was a lovely line, beautiful piece!

Am I the only one who actually sang it that way?

Yasss you did this so well. I'd volunteer to be Peggy but I'll let a real Hamiltrash do it.

i read the first line and i was like: there's no way. i was in denial until I REACHED THE FOOTNOTES AND HAMILTON YOOO. you blended angelica's rap with your own style masterfully!

• poetri

I ADORE THIS

HAMILTON. HAMILTON. OH I’LL DEFINITELY BE PEGGY. actually, can I be Alexander? i feel like i definitely fit his personality more. oh please can i be alexander!! also i love love love how you changed the lyrics! “ I know myself since I live in my own mind someday I'll probably find I've ruminated myself blind” THIS IS A GORGEOUS LINE. ps let my be alexander pls i’m itching to be a witty alleycat with nothing but a pen to prove my worth mwahaha.