sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

this is such a meh piece and i'm hoping it gets swept away but!! for miss chrysanthemums&tea, 'tis for you!!

of crowns and wings and horns

13
i want to tear them off

horns sprouting from my skull, twisting like charred ivory branches, look at me now
or don’t—don’t, actually, i’ve done my fair share of sneering at my reflection, teeth bared, eyes bloodshot and wild

i’m a monster; i want to tear them off
want to growl any miracle word, abracadabra, anything to stop this visceral loneliness

but you’re my one in a million, and i don’t understand
you stand before me like my salvation, and
i want to believe that you are, but it’s just been so long
your eyes trace over the horns on my head, and mine snag on the wings on your back

why don’t you walk like me, head held low, like they’re a burden?

you tell me you like my crown
i respond that we’re the only ones that might think that
and wings fanning out, chrysanthemum petals falling from the tufts, you reason: that’s what makes us destined

you found me, despite it all, and maybe
the horned girl, with the winged girl
who placed a crown on my head
have found a home already
-inspired by the boy group TXT's song crown 
-this is dedicated to my winged girl, chrys!! also i imagine my horns would look like deer antlers, because i, like a deer, also run at top speeds from loud humans

1

This is such a fascinating piece and amazing message! Again, your symbolism is great!
    Replying: you and Anne are seriously making me blush. You guys are worse than my family. :0

• Charisse Marison

This was so great. Love it! Also, you are not a monster! Probably. I don't know you personally, so you could be some other worldly creature, but I'm 94% sure you're human XD

AHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M FREAKING OUT SO MUCH RN I ABSOLUTELY CAN'T— WHATTTTT. ok number one if this wasn't for me i'd still be amazed at the gorgeous visuals and the song is so meticulously weaved through the poem i'm actually jealous but— THIS IS SO UNFAIR. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?!?! this goes above and beyond that one reference i made in 'untouchable idol' i can't????
    i'll get you back for this...
    and also it's chrysanthemums&ink ;). don't worry i made the same mistake the first few weeks of having this name.

This is so beautiful like ack.
    I was taking a drink of water when I read the footnotes and almost drowned XD.

• Two Heartbeats

I love this so much. And those footnotes are hilarious