doodleninja

18

~your local angst-y Christian girl~

ARMY <3

soli Deo gloria!

Stereo Tropes Co.! An ongoing series where story tropes run amuck.
Search "Stereo Tropes Co." to find more pieces.
If you want to read them in order, follow the numbers in the titles :)
--------------------------------------------
"You write so beautifully. Your mind must be a terrible place."
Always on the lookout for tragic backstories and broken characters. :D
Shoutout to my girl 2am Ghost :)
#ThereAreOtherWays
#westayedforthecommunity

4 Complaints Filed for HR Management at Stereo Tropes Co. | Stereo Tropes Co. (2)

PROMPT: Enumeration

24
1. My henchmen are too dumb.
Hi. So I ordered some of your Signature Henchmen and when I put them to work, they seemed very defective. Stupid, almost. No, actually, really stupid. I sent them against a Hero and they all kept MISSING their shots! You wouldn't believe the terrible aim they have! They're a bunch of bumbling fools! I, an aspiring villain, cannot and will not accept this. If these are your high-quality Henchmen, I'd hate to see what you give out to the rest of the evil plebeians. I'd like a refund for my money and I'm planning to return the Henchmen. As soon as I can get all the glue and glitter off them. Don't ask.

2. I don't think this is what's supposed to happen.
I bought your products Popular Dude and Quirky Girl, thinking that they'd fall in love. But that's NOT what happened! The Dude kept flirting with the Popular Girls that he met and Quirky Girl was way too weird for even me! And she kept on reminding everybody within a two feet radius that she was different and not like other gir--ARGH! I can't even finish the sentence it annoys me so much. You claimed that they'd be perfect for each other, but now I'm questioning how they'd even get together in the first place! Why the heck would the Popular Dude even care about the Quirky Girl?! And Quirky Girl seems too preoccupied with making sure she wears mismatched socks and, well, being weird. I'm considering ordering a Cataclysmic Event to try to push them together, but I'm wondering if I should even do business with your company after this failure! 

3. He wasn't fast enough. 
This one's gonna be short. I'm still mad though. The Lover I ordered from you was a TERRIBLE RUNNER. Honestly! He's as slow as a ninety-year old snail! I had it all planned; he would dash to the airport and catch his love interest right before her plane took off. Then there'd be this great big confession and they'd live happily ever after. But then he started running. And hoo boy, you can't even call it running, it was a pathetic sight. What did you feed him, anti-speed drugs or something?! When he arrived at the airport (FINALLY), her plane had left nearly TWO HOURS EARLIER. I even called him a cab and everything to help him out! Ugh. Now the girl is probably out living it up in the Bahamas and I have a depressed Lover. Do you know how annoying he is when he's like this? I hope you can upgrade this product in the future. 

4. The cavalry never came.
You guys let me down when I needed you most. Now I'm gonna have to start everything over from SCRATCH thanks to you CLOWNS. Heh, clowns. You could've at least sent clowns! But no! I ordered a Final Battle scene and played it out and arrived at the part where the heroes have nearly lost. Your product description claims that in a time of trouble, a very convenient army will appear out of nowhere and they will save the day. Well, my heroes were in times of trouble. And where was this magical cavalry? NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! No eagles, no random gathering of people, not even their friends from middle school showed up! Your product is DEFECTIVE. The bad guys ended up winning and what did I discover later? That the army manifested two blocks away and got lost in a 7-Eleven. You better fix whatever's broken with your Final Battle product.

------------

Thinker finished reading the last complaint for the day. He swirled his pineapple juice around, leaned back in his chair, and sighed.
"Well," he said out loud. "That's just life. It doesn't always work out like you expected."
If you want more from Stereo Tropes Co. (and find out more about this Thinker person) check out the first piece I did about it: He Arrived in an Ice Cube and I'm Freaking Out

Anyway. Story tropes! Always a favorite topic of mine. Hope you enjoyed! :)

• July 22, 2020 - 9:34pm (Now Viewing)

• The Ravenclaw Dragon

Ha! I liked the henchman- that one was actually supposed to happen. The others were still quite funny. Keep on writing!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

LOVEEE!

this. this. this. is genius!!! hilarious and what a great idea! i would read a book with like these little anthologies in it all day every day! and the pineapple juice and the quirky girl and the popular boy never fell in love lol! gotta find part 3... <3

Okay i just realized i never read all these from the beginning *facepalm* LOVE THIS THO!!

• anemoia by a thread

I LOVE IT. And I love the trademark pineapple juice.

Love it so much ^u^

• RemovedUser1

This is so funny!

• Hi, I'm Bored

Lol. I love this.

THIS IS AMAZING, YET AGAIN.
    STEREO TROPES IS EVERYTHINGGG.

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

BWAHAHAHA!! I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!

• celestialbard

Oh my gosh this was so funny and so clever!!! It made me smile so much - I loved loved loved ‘I don’t think that’s what’s supposed to happen’ !! Also, in response to your comment, actually writing novels is so hard!! I’ve got it all going well in my head but actually getting it out on the page? Impossible. Good luck in your writing endeavours!

• luluwrites111

I love this, it's so clever

• journal.scribbles

Sounds like Stereo Tropes Co. isn't very reliable. XD This is hilarious, I love it!

• Eblinn

I love this, it's so funny!