Samina

Common girl with uncommon dreams.
Perspiration always turns to perfection :-)
Youtuber
Capricorn
Hopeless Romantic
Poet????

Go and check out
Tushar Mandhan, or else I will steal your chocolates :P I don't have words for him.
Pure heart, Mishthi Sharma, V-Rose and EliathRose
----------------------------------
PLEASE COMMENT AFTER READING; THEY MEAN A LOT TO ME
----------------------------------
CHECK OUT THIS AMAZING INFORMATIVE PIECE
https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/187
---------------------------------
"Paper is more patient than man" ~ Anne Frank
“You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.”-John Green
“And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.”-Stephen Chbosky
“I want you to be the very best version of yourself that you can be.”- Lady Bird
“I am a mess"-Elio

6 realizations which transformed my life in COVID-19 times

PROMPT: Enumeration

19
1. Life is very short, live it to the fullest         

In our pacing busy lives, we often forget to breathe in the present. Every hour, every minute and every second is unique in itself. We all must have had our bucket lists ready for the future months, but have you ever given a thought that this moment will never return? So enjoy each moment. Appreciate in everyday activities like relish the irresistible aroma and mouth-watering taste of dishes you have for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The captivating beauty of flowers around you. The fresh air you inhale. Everything will transform into a memory.

2. Technology Vs Novel Coronavirus.

This microscopic virus has failed the most complex technology. The universe moved to digital biometrics and smart touchscreen phones, but the novel coronavirus had the potential to turn it upside down. Massive malls and shopping complexes have a lock on their doors. Schools and offices are shut down. Global Economy has faced a major crisis.
This made me realize that despite the acceleration in modern technology, this virus changed the entire world. We were so proud of our development but COVID 19 shattered it. Though homo-sapiens are the most evolved species, we should not possess an ego. This opened my eyes.

3.     Appreciating social workers.

During the pandemic, doctors, medical practitioners, and paramedical forces are life saviors. Have we ever appreciated salons, mouth-watering restaurants, grocery shops, and even school? No, never. We do not realize the value of its existence until it stops providing its services. The pandemic has changed the way I look at the world. I feel honored to be a part of the society where social workers like security guards, police, and caretakers are spending days and nights for our well-being. But after this experience, we will have a deep respect for all these lesser-known professions. These occupations were often overlooked and underrated, but now we should salute them for being corona warriors.

4.   Healing Earth

We are indebted to the environment for providing us with uncountable blessings. During the lockdown, when we are compelled to stay at our homes, nature is recuperating itself. As it is rejuvenating, we are able to visualize the unbelievable miracles. The white snow-laden Himalayas are seen from Jalandhar, in Punjab state of India. Just imagine how crystal clear the air must be?  We could spot the pink flamingos in Mumbai. The creatures feel devoid of human threats and are returning to their original habitat. I regret that we, humans have extensively exploited the Earth.

5.    Spending Habits

Most importantly, due to lockdown, we aren't able to spend money on inessential luxuries. They have taken the backseat. Our priorities are our necessities like groceries, food, and other supplies. The expensive clothes, purses, gifts have lost their significance. However, we spend most of the time in our pajamas, the comfort of which is an extreme bliss. Simultaneously we have stopped eating out and watching a movie at theatres. We are saving on fuel and reducing pollution.

6.     Hobbies

Due to lockdown, I am saving a lot of time which was wasted in commuting. Hanging out with friends and shopping, all are time-consuming. Saving on such activities provides me time for my hobbies. In fact, I have started to polish my skills and find pleasure in it. A hobby not only keeps our minds engaged but also improves our mental health. From gardening to reading, a wide range of activities seems to be a boon for us in the times of quarantine.

• May 19, 2020 - 4:30am (Now Viewing)

• Tushar Mandhan

I agree with you. This virus has made us all realise the value of life. We hope all this gets over very soon. We hope with all our hearts<3

• Cheshire Cat

I have some hobbles but never have time for them.
    I like to sew, make rubber band bracelets, and some other things like writing.

• mia_:)

Yeah! This is so relatable! Everyone is saying "Oh, this is the time to try new things!" Here's a list of attempted new hobbies (most of which have crashed and burned:
    1. trampoline tricks (specifically backflips, but I sprained my finger)
    2. sewing (I was going to make masks, but they didn't turn out)
    3. crocheting (that's going pretty well)
    4. guitar (I accidentally held it backwards and had to relearn everything :P)
    5. writing <3

So, basically writing is my one success!

• Cheshire Cat

I will be looking forward to this novel and good luck with the homework.