sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

this was a vent piece, but criticism and suggestions are always loved and appreciated! (LOL YIKES I JUST FOUND OUT THAT THE SAID PERSON OF THIS PIECE IS ON WTW)

you won’t look away

14
sunrise was the beginning of us; evidently, it was nearly the end of me

don’t pity me, like you didn’t like the way i grasped for you as if it was the only way i could feel the morning light wash over my face
i was just a girl who wanted the sun-rays, so you fit your fingers into mine and burnt them red with a promise

at noon, i have enough with your phony ultraviolet smiles and the way you bring down the shutters and pretend like i appreciate the shade
you are nothing like the mellow sunbeams you swear you are
after i leave, i know that you think that i can’t hope to be any brighter

i will prove you wrong.
i will scream it to the sky until the clouds part and let me see what i have always desired, and you will be so, so wrong
i will become stronger, and i will be light years away from thinking i ever needed to bask in someone’s else’s radiance to stay warm, and you will look at me, starstruck
dawn will envy me and what i will become, who shall dare to face me then?

and in the end? in the end, when
all is said and done, and i am everything you said i could never be, and i am burning bright, never again needing your warmth
sunset will bring us to an overdue farewell, except you will be the only one melting in place
i will be brilliant, and i will finally be the center of my own solar system, and you will watch me
you will watch me, and that is all you will be able to do, scorched by the heat of a thousand suns

and you won’t ever, ever be able to look away.
-i had a falling out with someone close to me a couple years back so this is the result of years worth of never getting closure *nervous breakdancing* oh well?
-yes, my name is actually sunny, and yes, i am using it in this piece! don’t shame me! i’m humanly incapable of having shame!

• May 27, 2020 - 10:35am (Now Viewing)

• asta

"you will watch me /you will watch me, and that is all you will be able to do, scorched by the heat of a thousand suns /and you won’t ever, ever be able to look away. "--ok wow, just wow. you say 'vent piece' like it's a bad thing, but anger is always such fun to read, especially when it's written so beautifully. it's a go f*** yourself, but written in copperplate calligraphy.

(also, you reached 100 followers!!! congrats!!!)

I love the play on your name, and the beautiful references to sunrise. I'm sorry you lost a friend; that's always really hard. My best advice is to forgive the person and move on.

Replying: Haha I've never been to Tennessee or any of the south either, but I really want to.

• mia_:)

Replying: Haha, I love this friendship! *joins you in the gentle breakdancing* I hope we get closer too! <3<3<3 much love!!!

• mia_:)

Absolutely stunning! I forgot to breathe for like half of it! I totally agree with Jo; you sure have me curious . . . And I feel like sometimes those vent pieces turn into some of our best work! Also, HAPPY 1 MONTH ANNIVERSARY!!!! I'm so glad you joined wtw and that we get to be friends! Here's to many more months of writing angsty lowercase stuff!!! *throws confetti into air and groans because she has to clean it up*
    <3<3<3 You're such a fab addition to the community and I hope we get to know each other better!

• And_The_Stars_Laughed

This is simply mesmerizing, the symbolism of the sun brings a whole new light to the pice (hahaha, that pun was slightly intentional), and your imagery is stunning!!!!
    I love this so much!!! :)
    (Also, just a side note, I just thought it'd be cool to tell you because my name is actually Sunny too (not my full name, it's just what everyone calls me because it derives from my name)! It's funny because I've never really met anyone who has the same name as before, but I'm glad it's you, your writing is incredible!!!)
    Sorry about the long comment XD, I just thought it'd be cool to tell you and I love love love this piece!!!

• Tomb of Jade (#spookified)

Wow! This is beautiful! I love your imagery and symbol of the sun and its light. Your name actually being sunny makes it even better and more powerful. You can really feel your heart in this writing!

• joella

reply: awww I know :( my aunt lives in houston and I was going to visit her this summer...I still might, tho. is that near where you live? (probably not because texas is huge lol and I'm terrible with geography) (also just have to say I admire your ability to carry a conversation through reply chains lol) (also isn't hamilton amazing??) (I don't know why I'm using parentheses so much) (bad habit)

• joella

loll that's actually really funny...when did you figure out I wasn't them?? also random q- where do you live? (just curious because we live in the same time zone :D I live in one of the suburbs around Chicago)

Replying: Whoops I forget that not everyone knows what NorCal is. *facepalms* I know understand your confusion. Idk if you'd wanna trade places with me though lol. When you think of Cali, you're probably imagining SoCal, like LA and that area.

Woah this piece... it's so powerful. I have no words to accurately declare how beautiful it is.
    And whoops I hope that person doesn't see it... unless you want them to.

Replying: I mean, we have BBQ technically, but I can't imagine any of it is as good as it is in the south. Plus, I don't even get Cali BBQ often, because my dad isn't that outdoorsy/grill kind of guy, and my mom doesn't even like it.

• joella

hahahahaha sunny you have us all wondering who it is now...let's hope they just appreciate this piece for your artistry because, as always, it's incredible. the way this piece transitions from rueful to spiteful and flows so seamlessly with your extended metaphor...and the last line...perfection.

• Charisse Marison

So beautiful and powerful <3

• mia_:)

Replying: Ouch, that sucks! I think more finger dances are definitely in store . . . :P

• acrosstheuniverse28

Love the defiant, strong tone throughout this peace. Love the metaphors/imagery with the sun and light! Beautiful writing!

'i will become stronger, and i will be light years away from thinking i ever needed to bask in someone’s else’s radiance to stay warm, and you will look at me, starstruck
    / dawn will envy me and what i will become, who shall dare to face me then?' the tone of this is amazing???? the first line is kinda like 'i'm stronger than you' but the next line is kinda spiteful and it's brilliant.
    replying: can't you see me... ig it was tomatoes after all lol.