Jelli

Yeah, I honestly don't know what i'm doing. Would someone be so kind as to lead me through where to start?

i honestly have no clue what to write.

6
I honestly have no clue what to write.

For ages, I have been jumping from one activity to another. Debate led me to public speaking, public speaking led me to spoken word poetry, and from spoken word I find myself in a strange place. More accurately—an odd website called "Write the World".

On this strange site, I find lines of poems and stories I cannot understand. Mumbled and jumbled together, metaphors whose meanings are beyond me; just beginning to read some of these pieces leaves me trying to piece together a jigsaw puzzle. Puzzled, I decided to see what all the fuss was about.

From my soon-to-be sixteen years on the blue planet we call Earth, I have learned that 'doing' is often much more practical than 'knowing'. After all, just knowing that it's theoretically possible to drink all the drinks on Yi Fang's menu sure doesn't beat actually doing it.

Thus, I write on this website. With little to no prior knowledge, minimal confidence, and a stupid grin on my face, I decided to go on and on about not knowing about what to write, while writing about exactly that. 

To you, yes YOU, the person reading this. 

I present you with my sorry sentence structure, my careless comma splices, and general lack of knowledge and regard for the rules of grammar. 

Oh.

It was actually a really appealing ad on Instagram which brought me here. (But you know, spoken word poetry sounds cooler)

Duuude helloo!!!!WELCOME TO THIS HAVEN lol
    Ok I totally get you ,I'm also new,I joined like a month ago .I literally was bored and wrote one poem then saw that I liked writing so i joined this site and now i love poetry.I wrote songs before but i prefer poetry. Anyways i am clueless and just write from what i learnt at school and what i like.So basically i also am soooo inexperienced and just write because i like it, I just wing it.So i totally relate.But it's ok because I've been learning on this site alot and trying to improve so you can too!
    Also if you ever want to talk or have questions you can ask me,I'm not that knowledgeable since I'm new but I know some things.Anyway goodluck and I hope to see more of your writing! Also you sound really cool/funny.
    Sincerely, your clueless bud(yes I just named myself that)
    - HB aka Happy Butterfly;)

• cherryn

I love the honesty! To be honest, I went through the same place and I guess I still am. I still have no idea what to write, so that's why I like to search for inspiration on the internet. Sometimes I like to step out of my comfort zone and try a writing prompt I would have never picked before. Stepping out of your comfort zone is what will make you a better writer. I am not a very good writer, but every day I'm trying to improve. So if you are asking for advice on how to use this website, there are writers on here who have written pieces on how to use this site, including their tips and tricks. If you want to know what you should write and want some inspiration, you can join a group/s on this site. They offer some great writing prompts that will help you or hopefully get you inspired. I would suggest that you start writing stories/poems. That's always a good place to start.

• Nopenoonehere

It's okay, it starts like that, but soon enough it'll be easy to navigate through.
    Wait for something to hit your creative spree and then well there you are! Good Luck, and I hope you have a nice time here!

• joella

I'd be happy to help you out! this website can be pretty overwhelming and hard to navigate at first but it's an amazing community :) any specific questions?
    (to reply to this, click on my profile and comment on one of my pieces like this-
    reply:)

• Just_A_Memory

XD
    Welcome! WtW is proud to have you here. The community is glad to have another person join their ranks. You seem like such a fun person! If you look around a bit, there are quite a few competitions going on right now (User hosted). You can tell what they are when they have a # in the title. If you need prompts, I suggest you take a look there. If you need help learning about the site or anything, come find me. I'm always open to talk and answer any questions you have. X'3

Can't wait to see where this site takes you!

-J.A.M