The Campbell's Kid

A Tired But Happy INFP
Procrastinating Writer and Author
Something Of An Ambiverted Mushroom Boy
Young Artist With A Focus On Animation And Character Design
Always An Ally And Hopeless Romantic
Supportive Dad Vibes
Stay Soupy <3

Please let me know in the comments if there is anything I can improve on in this piece. These subjects are very important to me so I need to know how to make this piece the best it can possibly be! Thank you for all your support, and remember to stay soupy <3

Straight. White. Male.

12
I am a straight white male. Skin paper thin and translucent, love for the opposite gender, and a body built with all the parts to call me a man. And yet the society I live in shames me away, saying that I’m my ancestors. Misogynistic, derogatory, filled with outdated ideas and messed up philosophies. Saying I’m nothing but a straight white male. I’ve spent all my life with the guilt of the past, trying hard to destroy a story that I didn’t even write. And it’s heavy sometimes, but I’ve got to show the world that things can be different.

I am masculine and feminine. Strong and protecting, free with expression, and a voice that screams out “Who you are, is good”. And yet the society I live in tells me I’m not right, that just because I’m fed up with the idea of toxic masculinity, I am not who I think I am and therefore not who I’m supposed to be. Be powerful, athletic, a suppressor of your messy emotions, unfeeling. Without those you are not a man. I’ve spent all my life with the burdens of expectation, drowning while I yell that this is not who I want to be. And it’s heavy sometimes, but I’ve got to show the world that things must be different.

I am proud of the life I have built. Filled with fire and advocation, compassion and understanding, and a heart that beats only for the truth. We need to change the society we live in, because it’s not right to shove our children in molds and models, and tell them that who they are is wrong. And it’s hard sometimes, but let us make our own decisions.

We have to make things different.

• mia_:)

I totally understand you! It really hurts when people assume that ALL people are anything. You rock and I know you're amazing and a super kind person! <3<3

• Tushar Mandhan

I totally agree with you....Empowering minority or suppressed does mean degrading majorities or those who once were considered privileged. I knew even today racism, homophobia etc. exist but hating straights, whites is not a cure. We all are different that what makes us, us.....I think we all need to identify ourselves only as humans and agree to disagree.

Rereading this, the one thing I don't quite understand is when you say you're fed up with toxic masculinity. Are you upset about how people expect you to be toxic? Or with people who are toxic? I'd love some more detail there.

• Two Heartbeats

I love this. this is it. But the idea is in the hands of our generation to change and if society is open-minded enough things will get better and there will be less suppression all around.

• OpalDove

damn. the suppressed become the suppressors. i totally get this. i can't relate, being female and +gay+, but i totally understand. and that's something. right?

Such an underrepresented message; thanks for sharing.

• Just_Those_Christmas_Memories (#Holidayvibes)

Amazing work! Definitely needed to be shared

well written and often overlooked. this needs more attention.

i agree with the misandry part. i can’t say i relate to this particular struggle, since i’m nearly every minority under the sun, but thank you for speaking up!