sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

i’m honestly not very proud of this piece (it’s more of stress relief before my APs) so any criticism, suggestions, and feedback would certainly be loved! ps don’t ask me if i’m homer i’ll pretend i can’t see you

someday, you will kill me

30
the most charming thing about your lips is that i know someday they will kill me

it’s funny how temptress, seductress, wretched witch sounds like venom on their tongues
in the daze of the night, the same titles taste like wine and nectar on mine

sheer satin drapes over your delicate fingers, the same ones that have pulled the air out of men’s lungs like prayers to their titans
you hum as you draw circles into my skin, and i let my eyes flutter shut at the feeling of the velvet falling from your hands
a different type of prayer tumbles from my lips, and you give a different type of deliverance as you bite down on them to hush me

your hair ornaments always catch on my fingers when i run them through your hair
they are jewels of adventurers long fallen, sapphires adorned in dazzled bones of prophetic warriors with much less wit than i, and they are gorgeous things
your smile twists into something sharp as you catch me staring
somewhere deep in my mind i should fear it; instead i let you slot your fingers into mine
you murmur in an ancient tongue, and the accessories melt themselves into innocent gold wreaths; they bring out the flecks in your eyes, so i pretend that this, too, quells my mind

i have toppled cities like it was child’s play, and yet even this pales
to the empires you build as you whisper arcane magic into my skin
hold domain over my mind, for memories of war do little for me when i have heard island lullabies that occupy my scars much more kindly

sweet girl, blessed witch, you will destroy me one day, shake me to my foundations until i am one of homer’s hubris-filled fallen fools
but, dear circe, at the same time: why would i ever leave?

-tada, a piece about circe from homer’s the odyssey! is this from odysseus’ pov or is it just a love letter from me to circe? who’s to say.
-circe, wonderful sorceress of aeaea...*wolf whistles* what a lady, am i right?

• May 19, 2020 - 11:27am (Now Viewing)

are you homer-

• joella

reply: ty for caring! I've actually been a lot less active these past few days because I'm sort of going through a tough time. might take a mental health break from WtW for a bit :/ your love and support means everything to me <3 <3

• Charisse Marison

You are SO talented! How do you do it? This piece was so poetic and beautiful, like DANG <3

• BirdofPrey

wow, this is great!

• Vinter Vejen

This is completely stunning! Is it okay if I use the title of your piece as the basis of one of my writings?

• birthdaycandles

Yeah, I’m with Madeline that line “I have toppled cities like it was child’s play” wow just wow, the power a line like that holds!

• Madeline Harper

Wow, I have no words. This is such a beautiful piece of writing, all the description makes me picture her so vividly. 'i have toppled cities like it was child’s play, and yet even this pales/to the empires you build as you whisper arcane magic into my skin' I'm in love with these two lines. WOW!

• joella

reply: haha dw about it!! I feel bad that I said something in the first place...ugh, wish there was a way to chat on here without creating super long reply chains.

• joella

reply: awww tysm! ur love and support means so much to me <3 <3 <3 donuts ftw
    p.s. love ur new pfp!

• joella

why aren't you proud of this?? it's incredible! the (intentional?) alliteration in this piece gives it an almost rap-like feel.

• Two Heartbeats

This edgy poem. Just wow. That first stanza is a work of art and it's beautiful throughout. Lullabies that occupy my scars much more kindly... Breathtaking

• Ruthh

Oh gosh I love the darkness and power that radiates from the characterisation!
    ‘sheer satin drapes over your delicate fingers, the same ones that have pulled the air out of men’s lungs like prayers to their titans‘ is absolutely gorgeous

• mia_:)

This is amazing! I can't believe you don't like this piece! "topples cities like it was child's play", "until i am one of homer's hubris fallen fools", this is gold here! I love the Odyssey and mythology and you spun such a beautiful take on it!

"the most charming thing about your lips is that i know someday they will kill me" i feel like that's going to be be my catchphrase in the future...
    those footnotes are so charming. another brilliant work!