Two Heartbeats

Kind of a mixed bag of every emotions who paints words like he's putting on armor.

Please edit as you see fit on the language. This is an unconventional poem/rant. It's a work in progress.

I'm not sure

9
The last couple years have been a sexuality struggle for me,
I believe I am bisexual.
I would be proud to be bisexual.
But I have been hurt by so many men in my life.

I have been damaged by men before I could understand what the damage was.
This is not a gender blame. 
I have been drawn to certain, beautiful men,
Even confessed my feelings to one.
Most of the time they are straight.
I've never had that personal loving male-to-male relationship but the idea that I can have that attachment,
Is the reason I call myself bisexual.

But honoring myself and my pride with that label,
Has hurt me in some ways with the women I've fallen in love with.
When it boils down to it,
Some women just aren't comfortable falling in love with a guy,
who can think about sexual relations with another guy.
That's OK.

I just want you to know,
When you date me,
Have an open mind.
I have been loved.

I have been hurt.

I am proud to be who I am.

And I'm confused...
I don't really know what to call this but I'm working on a piece called "If you date me"

• Samina

This is so deep. I felt each word. Your poems are so good that I am speechless.

• van gogh's girl

This is a very deep poem. It's very good; the words hit hard. I think it might be better as a work of nonfiction or spoken word, but that's just a suggestion

• mia_:)

Totally get it! Love is a struggle, but I bet it's worth it! I love how emotional and raw this piece is! It still amazes me how people can convey such strong feelings with words! Great job!

you and i...solidarity. if you know what i mean. *gestures to my cuffed guns and finger guns* but anyways, this is absolutely raw and so, so emotional. i wish you the best!
    replying: glad my footnotes could make you laugh LOL

Wow this is such an emotional piece I could feel it dripping through the screen <3

• Dmoral

love is complicated because if we never experienced the sucky & heartbreaking love, we wouldn't know about the world-changing & heart-melting love. & sometimes i even choose to think that the more pain you experience means you'll have an even greater love

• purplepanache

everytime somebody calls a man beautiful, my heart skips a beat! also this is so honest and practical, i really enjoyed it. i believe the only kind of people who ever deserve you are those who accept you for who you are. keep writing!