Doodleninja

pfp is thinker & prose from my series "stereo tropes co."!

christian
infj/infp
mexipina
full-time doodler
homeschool squad

physically i am here, mentally i'm in a galaxy far far away :)

soli Deo gloria!

I get a bit salty here XD
Also I wrote this in prose form, but I still included rhymes...not sure how that turned out.

Isn't this what you asked for?

8
So is this what you wanted, oh weary tired World?
Is this what you asked for, little boys and girls?

Your desire for different struck me deep in the core. I couldn't ignore. I couldn't leave you helpless, restless, because I am here for you.
Here to make your wishes come true.
The aroma of want wafted to my nose. I could sense it. You wanted something new, not in strict lines of prose. You longed for boundaries broken, lines curved, rocks hurled at windows, nothing left  unspoken.
You threw tantrums when upset and already you were on the right path. For where in olden days people used words, instead today violent riots are how you get heard.You wanted everything to be set loose, set free, so enter...
Me.

I guided you to freedom, to all hell broken loose.
Perhaps that is not true "freedom", but to all who disagreed, you hung by the noose.
I observed, I waited, I sent my minions forth, to show you the way, the way to breaking free of control.
Because that's what you wanted, isn't it, World?
Polite turned to rude, modest into crude, laws into lenience, form into flamboyance. 
You loved it. You loved me. 
Love, love, LOVE!
You threw the word around like a beach ball until all true meaning wore off. 
Yes, this is freedom, I assure you dear World. 
This is what you so longed for, no rules, no control.
Who cares for tradition, for the ways of the past? Let's love, let's accept, let's go off with a blast!
What else could we change? What else could we bend?
There's no need in stopping, no need for an end. I will be here for you World, I will make your wishes come true. Follow me, follow your heart, follow whomever you choose! 
Because "choices have consequences"? Who told you that lie? You can trust me, dear World. I've done so much already by your side. I've freed you, right? You love me, right? 
The fun never stops! Let's promote chaos, instead of order! Let's confuse everyone! Let's...legalize murder, what else can be done! 
Now you gawk at what I say, but one day, you'll see the way. Keep following me, World, keep looking at yourself, never at others. Keep feeling and fantasizing, because that's what makes you happy!
Oh, don't pay attention to those shackles on your feet. Just keep running, keep chasing, fleeting dreams! 
This life is all about you, about making dreams come true. About forgetting the rules and losing control. This is freedom, is it not? This is what you so desired.

Is this what you wanted dear World
dead World?
Isn't this what you asked for?

obviously this narrator is not one to be trusted
I once read a quote that said something like "Freedom means self-control. From discipline comes freedom." So...that's what this is about. 

• Quarkoala

Yeah, if freedom means no rules, then it can never be achieved for everybody, because without fixed rules, naturally, rules will form, not necessarily ethical, but with real consequences (also not necassarily ethical).

• ElsaRee

gorgeous! This is so beautiful and powerful!

• Ahsan Nizaam

This is beautiful. the tone you took and the underlying theme.

• Cheshire Cat

#poemsonly is now open

This is so powerful! I love how you take a different stance and go against the grain with this satire. There is so much wisdom here...you are so right, discipline does mean freedom.

This whole piece is so powerful, especially the lines "You threw the word around like a beach ball until all true meaning wore off. ''

Replying: Thank you for your comments, as always! You're literally THE most supportive person ever.

• Currently Unavailable

I have published the next five parts to Cedric + Hermione, so check them out if you have time! Also, if you need anything to be reviewed (and I mean ANYTHING), just tell me and I will be sure to do it for you! ;)

wow! i really want to just scream all this out, seems like a piece to be performed. the quote in your footnotes...how interesting. nice work!