sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

this is NOT about domestic abuse, and i think it's quite obvious this is just about a nasty end to a nasty relationship, but just in case! AP exams are upon me, feedback is much loved, and nobody tell joella i'm on here instead of studying

everyone loves a fighter

24
i am all bloody knuckles and rusty-stained teeth and splinted, jagged edges
so in hindsight, and i’ve always spit my excuses back at you like the iron liquid that pools in my mouth, you should have known much, much better

you know: you used to say you were a lover, not a fighter, and you said it through a smile, your teeth flashing with how clean they were, and i was smitten with them then, so i believed you
you’re such a liar, such a silver tongued devil, and the worse part is that i knew it, i saw through you
but you licked my wounds until they were nothing but bruises, so who was i to speak up?

all is fair in love and war, but dear Lord, who ever said they were mutually exclusive?
venus and mars are in an affair, and no one bothers to recognize it but me
not even all the cloth bandages and antiseptic in the world could patch us up
but i told you, i did! i said i put up a good fight; it’s not my fault you said you could take me

i was a wild one, weaned on the slide of asphalt scraping the skin of my cheek
i grew up with my fists raised and a stone-cold cradle of concrete
and you saw me, heart held behind a million daggers and a million more questions
and you decided you wanted me, swore you could handle it, and oh, baby, were you punching well above your weight class

it wasn’t just me beating the absolute snot out of us
this was a team fight, dear, don’t you think it was a solo match
i am scarred, and my teeth will never not be bared, but it is by no fault of mine that you thought we could have a love that didn’t end up knocking out by the first round

i can handle the broken bones (but i must applaud you for healing equally as well)
but i should have been strong enough to kill us sooner
everyone saw it coming, and everyone knew how i was, and everyone warned the two of us,
but as it so turns out—everyone loves a fighter, too
-i took "fighting to keep a relationship alive" to a literal sense. it is so typical of me to make a dying relationship and make it dramatic and incredibly metaphorical
-if you know someone is broken, is it their fault for your relationship falling apart, or is it yours for thinking you could fix them and trying to love them anyways?
-venus and mars aka aphrodite and ares! narcissistic deities make the best relationships

1

• rosemarywisdom

I love this! Your imagery is vivid and aaack, that's two of your pieces I've mentioned are my favorites today <3 Love this! Great job as always, sunny.

• mia_:)

Replying: Aww, you're so sweet!!! Yeah, I was thinking about doing what best at procrastinating did with a random giveaway kind of thing. I was thinking about giving out peer reviews, but I'm too lazy rn :) Good idea, though!

Replying: Yep, my mom got a fancy electric heating pad, and it is the BEST.

• black_and_red_ink

This is such a cool poem. Very fun to read. Reminds me of how I sometimes can't control my emotions and I may be easily angered and act impulsively, just like the speaker in the poem. Incredible work. Keep it up.

Replying: I wish!! The rest of my family doesn't really care about Tennessee, so vacation funds are definitely not going there.

• asta

all my favourite lines have been highlighted by others, but i must say i love this piece for the sheer anger that permeates every word. i expected it to be sad like such pieces usually are (not that i don't love myself some good angst), but this gleeful rage is even better.

• A Certain Type of Decisive

Here it is:
    https://soundcloud.com/acoolgecko/venus-and-mars
    What a rad piece? I usually get sad, bittersweet poems for this project. I do love those- but I love to write high energy songs! I don't know if I exactly captured the essence of this piece, I might've made a little too "happy." I was shooting for "unbroken and uncaring," sort of a "So What" by P!nk vibe. I really love this piece and I hope I did it justice!!

I love the symbolism behind this and the way you capture a fight through your excellent, exciting description.

• Dmoral

your opening was amazing, packed with imagery and eye-catching lines!

"all is fair in love and war, but dear Lord, who ever said they were mutually exclusive?"
    this was my favorite line, i loved the power & meaning behind! also, how it sounds so realistic. (although, i think it's supposed to be *whoever* as in one word)

definitely a fan of this piece, lovely work!

• joella

god this is incredible <3
    "you’re such a liar, such a silver tongued devil, and the worse part is that i knew it, i saw through you/ but you licked my wounds until they were nothing but bruises, so who was i to speak up?" and
    "all is fair in love and war, but dear Lord, who ever said they were mutually exclusive?
    venus and mars are in an affair, and no one bothers to recognize it but me"
    wow. also GO STUDY FOR APs ;)

• ElsaRee

Stunning!!!!!

• Tushar Mandhan

This piece is astonishing! I loved the narrative and 'silver tongued devil' this phrase, in fact there are so many phrases in this piece that are so beautiful! <3<3

oh that second footnote, i love it. narcissistic deities do make the best relationships ;). stunning work.

• Kayden

I love how this piece is both incredibly beautiful and incredibly gritty at the same time. Very well written, I really enjoyed reading this!

• Two Heartbeats

I love Love LOVE this. This is such an awesome concept and you bring this piece to life. Well done!