batman_is_a_cracker

I give free Peer Reviews to all, you just gotta ask. :)
((Read my book pls))

#giveusbackourwords

My message to the gifted young writers of Write the World:
Don’t let anyone dictate your words.

I Used to Live in Google Docs: My Love Letter to Write the World | Read Footnotes

29
I used to live in Google Docs,
agonizing over every line,
rereading the same sentence
over and over
in my head 
because it didn't feel right.

I used to hold my writing
close to my chest
the ink staining my heart,
corrupting my bloodstream,
converting from part of me 
to all of me.

I used to stare at blank pages
with tears in my eyes
lamenting to myself
that I'll never be a real writer
because I just couldn't get over this creative funk.

I used to share sparingly
analyzing the readers face
longing for positive feedback
receiving nothing in return.

Now, I live in Write the World
omitting none of my writing from criticism 
supporting other young writers who are just like me
entering into user-hosted competitions 
trying my best, instead of my hardest.

Every line is one of many,
if you didn't notice your mistake
someone else will point it out nicely.

Sharing everything is freeing,
I promise you'll feel better
when you empty yourself.

What you put out there
doesn't define you,
so don't be afraid to make silly mistakes
and experiment. 

Open yourself up for everyone to see;
it's okay to feel exposed or vulnerable or nervous
but there's no reason to be afraid
because we're all the same
and we're looking out for each other. 
Oh, the irony. It's been about four months and I'm already giving up on this place. When I first joined WtW, I was excited for the future. I wanted to stay until the very end, all 5 1/2 years. I'm gonna miss this place. I'm gonna miss participating in community challenges, Q&A's, User-hosted Competitions, Appreciation Posts, and so many more opportunities that the admins have stripped away from us. I'm gonna miss writing/receiving peer reviews and comments. I'm gonna miss reading all of y'alls amazing writing. I loved it here. A lot. Write the World still remains close to my heart as I enjoyed my time here, however short that time ended up being. 
I'll see y'all on prose ;)

• July 13, 2020 - 6:33am (Now Viewing)

• Busssy.Beee

Aww, i just read this piece like 4.5 months late smh. Anyway, i really do hope you are feeling better nowadays. But, im glad you're partially back!! Lots and lots of love, hugs, and kisses!! <33

• acrosstheuniverse28

So... I'm like 4 months late so I have no idea if you'll see this, but I just want to say goodbye and goodluck! This piece is very relatable; I STILL struggle with opening up and letting the world read my writing. But keep writing; I know you'll go on to do amazing things, both writing related and just in life in general! We'll miss you around here, but I wish you luck as you continue chasing your dreams!

• YouAreEnough

Love this writing and message!!!!!!!!

• Jasmine khawar

You are......leaving? T_T T^T
    I'll (we'll) miss you!!!!!! (unfortunately, I'm not on prose :( )
    But still goodbye <3 <3. Happy writing

• Pravartika Wankhede

SUPPORT.
    ALSO HOW DARE YOU NOT DROP YOUR BIRTHDAY IN THE COMMENTS?! DO IT.

• BlueWolf

Hiii! This was awesome and I loved how you described WtW. I miss you already.

• spectral

<3 every goodbye does have a hello, doesn't it? well, we'll see ya on prose!

• Currently Unavailable

You're leaving? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! You're such a talented writer; we'll miss you so much! :(

• Sol noctis

Wait... Do you mean you are leaving?!
    You cannot leave!!!! I don't allow you to leave!!!!!!! Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!

• spurtsofdarkness

replying: ah well, glad to hear that :)

• spurtsofdarkness

so you're never coming back? even if they change the guidelines?

• .amelia.

I was really hoping to enter your competition, but this came up :(
    It was fun knowing you for a few months, and viewing your awesome art. I'll miss you too!
    But I'll try to find you on prose when I do get an account

Awww I've loved your posts and writing. I'm sad to see you go, but I understand. If you ever come back, we'll welcome you with open arms. In the meantime, keep writing and sharing and ruling the world with your awesomeness! <3

• Wisp

Oh Sid, I'll miss your supportive comments and likes that danced red on my notifications. You hold a very special place in this community, and you'll very much be missed. Until then, I'll see you on Prose.

• Anlee

nooooo why is everyone leaving :(( wish you the best on prose! (ill prob join y'all there soon)

• elliem

We're really going to miss you, Sid. When I think of the WtW community, you are definitely one of the first users that pops up in my head with your jokes and your lovely, lovely pieces. I'll keep reading tioc on wattpad and keeping up on prose, but we'll miss you here. <3

• HelpMe512

Oh no! I hate seeing everyone leave, though I understand it. I'm glad I could consider you a friend in the time you've been herr

• lindsmariebuck

I'll see you on prose.

Hold up hold u hold up wait waiT waIt. You're leaving for sure? And not temporarily? Ahhhh no Sid, we'll miss you :( You were always such a kind, cool presence on WtW.
    (Pssst-ill see you on prose)

• ~wildflower~

This piece is beautiful and so so sad. You are going to be dearly missed by many, and I’m so sad that you have to be leaving so soon, under these circumstances, but I understand. Good luck on prose and keep writing amazing stuff!

• EliathRose

Aww, I totally get you. I've been on here for one month and three days, and it's insane how quickly you get attached. I'll definitely miss you (I don't know if I'll be staying, though), and I wish you all the best on your journey with writing. Much love <3