elliem

Apparently, I'm 17
Come to my feed for free hugs :)
Somebody run through castle ruins at midnight with me

Acting
Dancing
Singing
Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
Petrichor
Soft girl/Dark academia mix
Virgo
ENFJ

WtW pixie

I joined on March 30th, 2020 :)

I'm happy to do reviews if anyone needs/wants one! I take time with and put thought into my reviews so keep in mind that they may take a while :)

Become A Character!!

16
    I had one of those random ideas today that struck me out of nowhere. I'm just going to dive right in. I've had a lot of interesting interactions with some amazing people on this website, and some of them would make terrific characters. So I thought--why couldn't they be characters?
    So, here's my idea. I'm planning to write a short story involving seven characters based off of Write The World users. The story idea is going to be majorly created by the WtW community, and I'll write it. If you're interested in being one of the characters, comment below with which one you want to be! (More info for specific things you need to add are below the character list.) Also, if you'd prefer to choose something other than characters, I need people to vote on the scenarios I list below.

What I'm looking for:

Characters:

Protagonist/POV: This character is the classic "point of view" character. They're brave, intelligent, spunky, and creative.

Best Friend: The best friend is the character everyone loves. They're funny, sarcastic, and sweet, and the "sidekick" to the protagonist.

Antagonist/Villain: Depending on which genre is chosen, this could be a mean-girl-type villain, or maybe a darker villain if the genre is more along the sci-fi/fantasy path. They're comedic, intelligent, moody, and dark.

Antagonist Best Friend/Sidekick: This is the sidekick or friend to the "villain". They're submissive to the villain and obedient, though they wish they could rebel. However, they appreciate the care they receive from the villain.

Leader/Mentor: The leader is brave to a fault and bad*ss. I'd prefer for them to be on the side of the protagonist, although they are more reasonable than the protagonist and often have contrasting ideas. They're probably tolerant of the protagonist, although wishes they would listen more.

The Brains/Skeptic: Imagine this person as the "Hermione" character. They're incredibly smart, but also judgmental and possibly a little moody. They like to plan out every possible scenario. They could be on the same or opposite team as the protagonist. (If you decide to apply for this character in the comments, make sure to clarify which side you want them to be on.)

The One Without a Side: This character is very interesting because they're friends with both the antagonist and protagonist. Maybe they're a double agent. Nobody really knows. They're down-to-earth but mysterious.

Other Things I Need:

Please choose from this list of scenarios to decide what the story plot will be:

a) Genre: fiction. Setting: Modern time in high school. Plot: At Write The World High, a new school year is beginning. The protagonist is shocked when they must team up for a project with the antagonist, who they absolutely despise. As a result, the friend groups of the antagonist and protagonist collide. Will they mix well, or blow up?

b) Genre: fantasy. Setting: Medieval times in the kingdom of Writenworldar. Plot: The protagonist is the heir to the throne, where the current ruler is a tyrant (the ruler is also the "leader" character). The antagonist is a powerful witch (can be any gender) that is part of the coven that plans to overthrow the ruler. The protagonist thinks the coven will try to harm them too--until the antagonist meets them in person to send the protagonist a message: join the coven.

c) Genre: sci-fi. Setting: a post-apocalyptic town. Plot: In a smoky town, a group of young rebellers is plotting against their corrupt leader. They're starving and are fed on rations, and have to work long hours in a smoke-pouring factory called Write Town World. They secretly pass notes while working and join forces. One day, when the leader visits the factory, they attack and attempt to get all the kids to leave before it's too late. That is until an officer grabs the wrist of the protagonist and brings them back to face the wrath of the leader.

Rules for commenting:

Entering to be a character is first come, first serve. If you apply to be the best friend, for example, but they're already taken, please don't re-comment it in the hopes that I'll choose you over them. Additionally, I'll need your first name to input for the character's name (or, if you feel that's too personal, you can choose a name for your character) and your preferred pronouns. Also, you don't have to be too similar to the character to apply! If you're super sweet and shy, but you want to be the villain, go for it!

If you feel that you absolutely want to have something in one of the plots, please tell me so and I'll incorporate it in your character. (E.g. blue hair, a hook for an arm, a bow and arrow, freckles, denim jeans, a habit of chewing on a pencil, etc.) You can also tell me a basic description of what you look like and/or what you want your character to look like. However, it might be more fun/interesting just to let me describe you as what I picture you as and we can see how accurate I am. Finally, if you have anything you're uncomfortable with for your character (swearing, fighting, etc.) please let me know! I don't intend to offend anyone in any way.

Lastly, whether or not you plan to apply for a character spot, please vote on a plot! Vote on just one, as well, no more or less.

Your final comment should look something like this:
    "Plot: _____ (insert preferred plot letter here). Character: ________ (Preferred character type here.) Name and pronouns: ______________. Additional information (optional): ____________."

I don't know if anyone would actually be interested in this, but if you are, please comment! I spent way too much time on this for it to flop. When the short story is out, I'll mention you all and your roles in the footnotes. Also, if you like this idea and want to do one of your own, go for it!! (Although, it would be really nice if you could mention that it was originally my idea in the footnotes!)

Good luck everyoneI If you have any questions, you can also comment and ask and I'll get back to you soon. Can't wait to see what you think.

I'm 5'4", my smile is kinda similar to Heath Ledger's (good luck describing that if you end up needing to), and you can make up the rest of my physical description.
    You can change my personality/quirks, but I'll give you some stuff to work with. I sing a lot, but only if I feel comfortable at the moment. I love animals, especially horses. I'm an ambivert and an oxi-moron in every sense of the word (left + right brain, head + heart led, creative + traditional). I have a habit of tapping my fingers, giggling, or tugging my earlobe when I'm nervous. I'm a very emotional/sensitive person (despite being serious and logical), and the only time I'm naturally spontaneous is when I'm reacting to being hurt. I'm always there for everyone, and I can often sense what they're feeling.
    Like I said, change what you will. I definitely gave too much description.

• ava09 (angels, auroras and sad prose #holidayvibes)

Hi! I don't know if there's any spots left but I LOVE this idea and I'd love to be in the story if you have room!
    Plot: Whatever you want :)
    Character: Also whatever you want. I'm a natural leader in real life and I'm told I'm funny and kind but I'm also a Slytherin sooo lol
    Name and pronouns: Ava | she/her
    Additional information (optional): Curly brown hair naturally highlighted, bright green eyes with gold flecks and a ring of blue around the pupil (the two things I consistently like about myself lol) tallish (5"6 and a half) also I like reading, writing, sports (soccer and running) and I'll leave the rest up to you or you can look at my profile lol.
    Like others have said, even if I don't make it into the final story, I'm SO excited to see how this turns out. I think this is a brilliant idea! :) <3

• Boogie With Stu

Hey I would have put this in the last comment but I only just thought of it now.

So we have Usercontests and Q&As right. Why not call this something kinda simple, like WtWfiction or Userfiction. I don't know it's just a thought :) Hope everything works out good with this awesome idea :D

• Boogie With Stu

By the way I might do one of these too :P

• Boogie With Stu

Ooh, I hope all the spots aren't filled I only just saw this now. It looks super fun. If I could be portrayed as anyone I don't care who.

For a scenery pic the first one is probably the best. It's Awesome! Though the fantasy one is good too. Maybe you should do both with all the auditions you've got.

Also I think you should also come up with a name for this thing, because it might start trending soon.

• T r a l a l a

I'm also ok with swearing and fighting! I swear like all the time lmao

• T r a l a l a

Hi! I'm "auditioning" for anyone, really!
    Plot: C
    Name: Bowie
    Pronouns: They/Them
    Sexuality: Pansexual
    I have brown hair that goes in a really short pixie cut and I have blue eyes. I usually just wear anything blue, although I have a blue that fades into black hoodie that's like my signature lmao
    This is really creative, and even if I'm not in the final story I'm really excited to see what happens!

• birthdaycandles

awesome sauce antagonist sidekick mwahahaha >;)

Alright!! Sidekick it is!!!

• Halopoet

Plot:A character: leader. Name/pronouns:Raven wilde she/her. Additional information: i have brown hair and deep brown eyes. But you can make my hair blue if you want. Give me a shortcut. And mostly black clothes or props. Thanks

Plot: c) Character: Best Friend, if it's still open! Name and pronouns: Anoushka, she/her Additional information: Could you please make her be a little obsessed with Harry Potter/ a geek? It's totally okay if you can't lol.
    Also thank you, and this is such an amazing and unique idea!

• journal.scribbles

Plot: C. Character: It seems like most have already been signed up for, but if anything's left, I'd love to be part of your story. Ambitious, but great idea! Name and pronouns: Octavia, she/her. Additional information: I'm kind of an absent-minded professor. If I don't end up as a character, it would be great if one of the characters was.

• Dmoral

this is a pretty cool idea

• Cressida

Plot: b; Character: the one without a side or honestly any opening you have; Name/pronouns: let’s just role with “Cressida,” she/her; Descriptions: I kind of want to see what you’ll come up with if I’m chosen :)
    By the way, this is so cool!

• Currently Unavailable

Oh, and please don’t make me curse or do anything bad. PG content on my character!

• Julia V

plot: FANTASYYYYYYYYYYY, the leader mentor i guess, or villian, or brainy/skeptic. actually anything haha: she/her and um..i have blue eyes and dirty blonde/browish hair and um i guess i like sports/reading/writing/ singing/ and im very dramatic :)

plot: a. character: antagonist/villain. name/pronouns: chris, she/her (is that a unisex name? idek). additional information: preferably, it isn't one of those 'cocky for no reason' villains that are just plain stupid.

thank you for your hard work <3. i'm not insistent on this, so if you find an antagonist that you know better, then i'm fine not getting a role :).

Plot A, my OC's name is Kayla I did a bio thing about her. Suprise me with character type.

can I be the chaotic neutral side character

I would probably cry if you put me in a story.

Plot: sci-fi. Character: anything that's not a villain Name and pronouns: Anne, she/her Additional information (optional): ____________." Please keep my character PG. Violence is okay, but no swearing or saucy stuff XD.

• birthdaycandles

Plot: (c) I don’t usually read much sci-go but the plot description sounds EPIC
    Character: Antagonist Best Friend/Sidekick -I love the idea that this character longs to rebel but is too submissive, that’s most like me really lol.
    Name and Pronouns: Autumn and she/her please :)
    Additional info: I always chew the end of a pencil and I hate insects. Both are true for me lol.
    I love this idea and it’s sounds so much fun! Can’t wait for this!

• Princess Maria

Additional info: (appearance) I have dark hair and green eyes with freckles and a big nose. I am kinda petite and stocky, so if possible don't make me tall and skinny, please. Thanks! Once again, this is an awesome idea.

• Souled Out

Plot: Fiction. Character: The One Without A Side. Name and pronouns: Lea | she/her. Additional information (optional): n/a.

• Princess Maria

This looks so cool! Not sure how good I'd do, but here you go.
    Plot: b. Character: protagonist. Or best friend if you think someone else would be better for the protagonist, I'm not too picky. Name and pronoun: can I go with Maira cause I hate my real name? she.

• Currently Unavailable

Plot: FANTASY!! ALWAYS FANTASY!!
    Character: The Brains/Skeptic (I love Hermione and I've always wanted to be her). Name and Pronouns: Elena | she/her
    Additional Info: I have glasses. PLEASE INCLUDE GLASSES!!
    Side note: THIS IS AN AMAZING IDEA!! GENIUS!! CONGRATS!!!