Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer
Poet
Twin
Disfusive
A bit empathic
A living oxymoron
WTW mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie & everyone
WTW sis to happy butterfly
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ

Joined 1/16/2020

This is extremely experimental with the format and such, so I'd love pointers. The title isn't set in stone, so I'd also appreciate suggestions. This piece is really raw, but I definitely want to know what you guys think.

nameless

21

i am soil
                sunrise
                            stardust
                                            silence

my body is a messy, wondrous shell around    forgotten ideologies

gritty and insubstantial
i have not found my home yet

do i belong amidst the rush of a river or
                                                                5 pm traffic

burying my hands in fallen metaphors
smiling at figurative language    "i love you"    wouldn't that be nice

i am full of memories and compliments
begging the posters on my wall to become reality

who is this flat-chest girl
                                        soul-sing girl
                                                            night-write girl
                                                                                day-dream girl
                                                                                                        heart-love girl
                                                                                                                                    girl-girl girl

• mia_:)

Okay, reread this piece and I have to say that it's one of my favorites of yours! The repetition and the details! :D <3<3

• Tushar Mandhan

'begging the posters on my wall to become reality' hits hard! Very hard.....

this is so raw!! “do i belong amidst the rush of a river or 5pm traffic” is such a great line...i continue to be impressed by you! great work :D

• Just_A_Memory

ALLITERATION! You freaking go, Anne! It's positively amazing!

• joella

wow wow wow this is so real and personal and I freaking love that <3
    btw, I listened to waving through a window and I loved it! now I have to go see dear evan hansen lol

• the_enclave

replying: idk it just seemed to fit lol. blueberry is just your flavor I guess.

I like how this is very open about your personality, I think, and it seems to have an almost concrete-poem feel to it. I love the line about the stardust.

• mia_:)

By the way, I read the_enclave's piece! You are totally the personality of blueberry cotton candy! *approved*

• birthdaycandles

What caught my attention first was the formatting, it's really striking and interesting, it's nearly like making art with the words (as well as the art behind the meaning of the words if you know what I mean) My favourite line has to be "do i belong amidst the rush of a river or/5pm traffic". There was auditory engagement with the river and then in an instant traffic noise was audible. Loved this!

Ok .yip.i came back to reread this!its so beautiful!
    Wow I use too many exclamation marks lol,but it's my way of showing I'm happy virtually haha

• mia_:)

Replying: Yeah, I totally get it. Reformatting is such a pain and this piece is fabulous the way it is! :D

• mia_:)

Also, your alliteration! Wow!

• mia_:)

I am in love with this piece! The formatting was great, but it got a little cut off at the end (it always looks different when you write it; this happened to me too). I have to say, this is probably one of my favorite pieces of yours! The repetition and flow is spot on and I love "forgotten ideologies" and "begging the posters on my wall to become reality". I am stunned! How do you do it? <3<3<3

• poetri

Oh I love this! As for formatting, I would have preferred to not have broken up the first 'girl' (or it could just be my laptop size lol) but overall this is incredible. Nice job :)

• A Certain Type of Decisive

Replying: Absolutely nothing would be different. You'd still be amazing and wonderful and lovely. But we simply can't keep going back and forth like this, online school calls, of course, so I'm sending this with a note of finality. Stay sharp.

I love the formatting! It draws me in more and flows very nicely. I can see the rawness in the words. It's really good!
    note: thanks a bunch for your comments of my pieces. I am having a bit of trouble figuring out the replying business as i lose track of who i have replied to or not. so consider this a general round all thank you <3

My feedback : Im not experienced with formatting but I think you did well in the formatting.It interests the reader more and makes it more dramatic.And I like how raw it is