Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

This is extremely experimental with the format and such, so I'd love pointers. The title isn't set in stone, so I'd also appreciate suggestions. This piece is really raw, but I definitely want to know what you guys think.

nameless

8
i am soil
                sunrise
                            stardust
                                            silence

my body is a messy, wondrous shell around    forgotten ideologies

gritty and insubstantial
i have not found my home yet

do i belong amidst the rush of a river or
                                                                5 pm traffic

burying my hands in fallen metaphors
smiling at figurative language    "i love you"    wouldn't that be nice

i am full of memories and compliments
begging the posters on my wall to become reality

who is this flat-chest girl
                                        soul-sing girl
                                                            night-write girl
                                                                                day-dream girl
                                                                                                        heart-love girl
                                                                                                                                    girl-girl girl

• A Certain Type of Decisive

Wonderful!! I love me a commentary on labels and the definition of self- the only category you'll ever fall into is you're own name- forsaking that, going "nameless," is to exist without surrounding, without meaning, without classification, and yet, nameless is an adjective, a category to fall into. The paradox of this is poetic in itself- who are we? It's so beautiful- I love it!! If you need advice for formatting, I use google docs, but set the right boundary for 5.25 inches- it's approximately the computer display for wtw!!

Just realized I made a dumb mistake with the formatting *cringes* I fixed it in the newest version

• Eblinn

'begging the posters on my wall to become reality' I cannot relate to anything more. This is amazing!

“do i belong in the midst the rush of the river or / 5pm / traffic” dunno what it is, but that line is strangely nostalgic. in fact, this whole piece is strangely nostalgic and absolutely brilliant. love this.