Emi

Child of God
American
Patriot
Diecisiete
Ravenclaw
Rider of the Rohirrim
Narnian
Prydain
District 12
Chef
Gardener
Writer
Artist
Seamstress
Homeschooler
Romantic
Nerd
Archer
Rifler

"And even when you think you're finished, it's not over yet," for KING & COUNTRY, "It's not Over yet"
"All of my dirt, all of my shame drowned in the streams that've made me born again," Jordan Feliz, "The River."
"Scars come with livin,' you are not alone," TobyMac, "Scars (Come With Livin')"
"I might bend but I won't break, I'll fight the elements," TobyMac "The Elements."
"Stand tall but above it all, fix my eyes on You," for KING & COUNTRY, "Fix My Eyes"
"Run wild, live free, love strong, you and me," for KING & COUNTRY "Run Wild."
"One by one we will call for a ceasefire...one by one, reaching out to our enemies" for KING & COUNTRY, "Ceasefire."
Currently reading Dubliners by James Joyce

Thoughts of the Shire

PROMPT: Farsick

7
This is probably silly, because it's completely impossible for me to go into a fantasy world, but I would love to visit the Shire in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Just reading about characters Frodo Baggins and Sam Gamgee's love for their home conjures this sense of nostalgia in me for a land still green and full of innocence and life. I would like to return to a small farmhouse, perhaps not far from Bag End, growing mushrooms and cabbages or some humble vegetables. I would like to row boats on the Brandywine and take a picnic to Buckland and visit Merry Brandybuck. Or perhaps I would head off to the Prancing Pony and listen to the latest gossip of far away problems and dangers. Maybe, at the end of the day I would attend a starlight party at Bag End, talking with friends and dancing carelessly while Gandalf's brilliant fireworks sounded overhead.
    The Shire symbolizes Tolkien's own wish to return to the innocence of youth, and to me, it would be a return to before I knew how horrible and selfish this world can be. It would be a time to go back to simple childhood and not have to worry about adult things. 

• RemovedUser1

I officially invite you to my prom! The sky is the limit and we’ll dance with the stars. https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/194476/version/395395 .

• Huba Huba

I relate to this so much! I've always wanted to live in the Shire, and their lifestyle is so happy. I totally agree that the Shire symbolizes Tolkien's wish to return to the innocence of youth, as it's a very unique place within the book. While the elves and dwarves are dealing with orcs, the Shire hobbits are happily eating their second breakfasts.

Re: Okay cool, you're welcome.
    Thanks! :)

Hey, so I read an awesome Christian magazine for teen girls called Brio. They accept some articles from independent writers, and one of the categories is "Fiction: 1200-1300 words We look for creative stories that entertain, encourage, inspire, and motivate, especially with teen girls as the main character(s). While our stories don't always have a Biblical message, they should teach Christian beliefs and family values."
    Just thought it'd be an amazing opportunity for you to possibly get paid to do stuff you're already amazing at if you're interested.

• Stumbling Conundrum

Re: Thank you for your comment! And that's a great idea; I will definitely think about that when I rewrite it! <3

• Stumbling Conundrum

Re: Thank you so much for your kind words!
    Also, I absolutely LOVE this! The Shire has always been one of the fantastical worlds I've always wanted to visit, and this describes it perfectly. Wonderful job! <3

• queenie

I know nothing about LOTR, but the picture you paint in this piece reminds me of a song I listen to on repeat by the "Oh Hellos" called "Solider, Poet, King" and I know it's supposed to be about Jesus and stuff, but it really conveys a sense of magic within nature, and enjoying the simple things in life.

• Rachaelgrace

That would be awesome! :D

Ha you and my brother would get along. We'd all be friends irl. I'd talk to you about Little Women and Disney and you two'd talk about LOTR.