elliem

Apparently, I'm 17
Come to my feed for free hugs :)
Somebody run through castle ruins at midnight with me

Acting
Dancing
Singing
Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
Petrichor
Soft girl/Dark academia mix
Virgo
ENFJ

WtW pixie

Took me a long time to make these edits, but I think it's definitely more organized than it was before. Let me know what you think, and if you have any feedback! :) Thank you.

If The Seasons Were People [finally revised!]

26

i. Summer

Summer, with her glistening gold hair, her drops of liquified fire. The one laughing with the Sun. The playful girl who collects pocketfuls of chirping crickets and humming cicadas, who sprinkles the nighttime ocean with phosphorescence.

The one with the smile.

The one with the temper.

The girl who dreams in drowsy afternoons with her subjects under the dappled shade of a willow tree. The girl who, if provoked, leaves them with burns inked into their skin, with pain and suffering and hissing disbelief.

Summer, who brings heat waves and encourages barbecues and introduces school vacations. Who ignites forest fires, who sends flames licking up tree trunks and flooding soil floors. Who pushes the new couple closer as they watch her fireworks, her gentle explosions of blues and reds tumbling through the sky.

Summer and her viridian eyes. The one who flicks the sunset with crimson paint, who sprinkles stars across a velvety sky. Who dances across the water with a skipping rock. Who cackles in her seductive storms. Who dives into a biting ocean to accompany her subjects to the great unknown.

ii. Autumn

Autumn, with their luminous eyes and crisp November winds. The young one who waltzes with the leaves, makes them fall head over heels from their trees to the earth. The trickster who ripples the hair of their subjects, who gazes curiously as their subjects endure the first pitter-patter of rain. Who plays tag with the wind, chasing it back and forth down the market square, rustling the hems of skirts and the folds of newspapers.

Autumn, with their reddish-brown hair, who blends in with the leaves, only a fox in the underbrush. The one who turns the seven seas cold, who turns coffee hot, who brings cozy fires and warm hearts.

Autumn, the shy one, the child-like one, the one who searches for comfort in the twirl of time and finds none. Autumn, who looks up to their season neighbours and lies down with children in the forest. Who gives their subjects Thanksgiving feasts and spiced lattes, simply because their subjects like them.

Autumn, who, despite their best efforts, feels a burning passion and utter fear towards Winter. Who hides from the watchers and sings from the tops of rich, powerful pine trees. Who finds a child to give a flower, to tickle with a breeze. For when Winter's away, Autumn will play.

iii. Winter

Winter, with his cruel, beautiful eyes and skin of ice. Whose softly burning heart longs for the elusive, timid Autumn, though he can't bear to say so. Who strikes his subjects with fierce, whipping snowstorms and hides from the heat of the South. Who cries frosty tears when he can finally break down. Who accepts Spring's comforting hug.

Winter, who sits alone in a snow-blanketed forest. Who watches pearly flakes fall from the sky and melt into his skin. Who, if he feels like it, rewards his subjects with a sprinkling of snow during the holiday season. Winter, who likes to rest in the clearing of an empty wood and think for a while. Who cries when he scares Autumn away.

Winter, who screams amidst his panic, lashes the Earth with ripping ice and rumbling thunder. Who plunges his subjects into deep snow, so they may feel his pain. Who turns the nights long, just to spite Summer. Summer, that bitch.

Winter, who just wants a friend. Who wishes to lie down in a meadow and watch the clouds drip wintry paint on an abandoned field. Who wants someone to whom he can tell his struggles. Who waits all his long shift for Spring, so he may finally get that hug. So he may melt down into the perfumed sweetness of Spring's hair, so he may feel her warmth and kindness.

Winter, the one with the cold exterior that doesn't match his longing heart.

iv. Spring

Spring, with her everlasting smile. Spring, who lifts chartreuse stems blooming with buds of a dusty mauve. Who comforts Winter with her silvery voice and hair of flowers. Who goes for tea with Summer and sends kind messages from across the world to Autumn.

Spring, the compromise of seasons, who continues the icy rain of Winter, brings back the chilly winds of Autumn, and introduces Summer's breeze. Spring, with her laugh of gold and invisible tears. Who spices the air with heavy roses but ensures her thorns can cut.

Spring, who carefully nurtures her daughters, March, April, and May. Who is the midwife to countless mothers, the protector of plants and animals alike, mother and friend to all. The one who has her subjects' wishes in her heart.

Spring, the one who loves so many she forgets who she needs to love most: herself. Sometimes, her subjects learn from her example.

But at the end of the day, each of which is longer under her care, she brings rosebuds and joy with each graceful step. She wakes at dawn to sing with the chickadees. She talks to her friends, the closest of which is Winter. She loves her children from every species. She is a lover, a mentor, a teacher. And in times of hatred, of fire, she teaches us the most important lesson: 
love.
I originally wrote this in May, and it was probably my most appreciated post. I finally edited it with all the lovely constructive criticism I've gotten in reviews, so thank you to everyone who gave me feedback! Some clarifications I'd like to make (because I think I didn't make it obvious last time, sorry) Autumn is an adult! (The version in my head.) They are merely a child-like adult. Which is your favourite? I think mine is Winter. I hope you're having a good day!

me coming back here after seeing all the 'series' pieces like-

• Century Friend

Aaaaah this is amazing! The way you built each of these characters, with distinct personalities and flaws, and wove their stories together is just incredible. The writing is rich with imagery and emotion. I just love it so much!

• ek503

oh my gosh this is wonderful!!

• Currently Unavailable

OK, this is literally one of my favorite piece ever on WtW now! I LOVE IT! XD

• erin!

replying: thank you dear!

This piece is SO beautiful, I love how you characterized each of them. It almost made me feel bad about hating the winter cold. I want to hang this on my wall.

• JustAnotherDarling

I stumbled upon this by accident, but I fell in love with the seasons! Autumn is like the friend who probably will get you in trouble, but you'll love every second of it with them. Winter is - dare I say - adorable, and sweet, and misunderstood. My heart hurts for Winter. And Summer? I already know that she's THAT girl; you know, the one everyone wants to be! Spring, to me, seems like the "mom" of any friend group, and your description of her made me see Spring in a whole new light. This is so good!!

• beth r.

This is sooo good! I would so read a book series based on these characters!
    Replying: Thank you so much for your comment on my work!

• books4life

Awww I love this!! :)

• Doodleninja

This is still as superb as ever!! I immediately smiled when I saw this piece on my feed again XD
    I still love Autumn but still relate the most to Winter :D

ahhhh still love this- possibly my fav piece of yours :)