elliem

Apparently, I'm 17
Come to my feed for free hugs :)
Somebody run through castle ruins at midnight with me

Acting
Dancing
Singing
Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
Petrichor
Soft girl/Dark academia mix
Virgo
ENFJ

WtW pixie

I joined on March 30th, 2020 :)

I'm happy to do reviews if anyone needs/wants one! I take time with and put thought into my reviews so keep in mind that they may take a while :)

If The Seasons Were People [finally revised!]

23
i. Summer

Summer, with her glistening gold hair, like drops of liquified fire. The one who chuckles with the Sun and paints the sky with a buttery laugh. The playful girl who brings pocketfuls of chirping crickets and humming cicadas, who sprinkles the nighttime ocean with turquoise phosphorescence.

The one with the smile.

The one with the temper.

The girl who will dream with her subjects under the dappled shade of a willow tree that hides drowsy afternoons. The girl who, if provoked, will leave them alone to wake up with red burns inked into their skin, with pain and suffering and hissing disbelief.

Summer, with her sapphire eyes. The one who flicks the sunset with crimson paint, who sprinkles stars across a humid night sky. Who dances across the water with a skipping rock. Who cackles in her seductive storms, crackling with thrumming lightning. Who dives into a biting cold ocean to accompany her subjects as they swim to the great unknown.

ii. Autumn

Autumn, with their luminous moon eyes and crisp November winds. The young one who waltzes with the leaves, makes them fall head over heels from their trees to the soil. The child that ripples the hair of their subjects, who watches with a curious gaze and lets their subjects feel the first pitter-patter of rain. Who plays tag with the wind, chasing it back and forth down the market square, rustling the hems of skirts and the folds of newspapers.

Autumn, with their reddish-brown hair, who blends in with the leaves, no more than a fox in the underbrush. The one who turns the seven seas cold, who turns coffee hot, who brings cozy fires and warm hearts.

Autumn, who can't help but feel a burning passion and utter fear towards Winter, though he inevitably takes advantage of them. Who hides from the watchers and sings from the tops of rich, powerful pine trees. Who finds a child to give a flower, to tickle with a breeze, to giggle and play. For when Winter's away, Autumn will play.

iii. Winter

Winter, with his cruel, beautiful eyes and skin of ice. Whose painfully hot heart longs for the mysterious, shy Autumn, though he can't bear to say so. Who strikes his subjects with fierce, whipping snowstorms and hides from the heat of the South. Who cries frosty tears when he can finally break down. Who accepts Spring's comforting hug.

Winter, who sits alone in a snow-blanketed forest. He watches pearly flakes fall from the sky and melt into his skin. Whose icicle-white hair cools his brain. Winter, who likes to rest in the clearing of an empty wood and think for a while. Who cries when he scares Autumn away.

Winter, who screams amidst his panic, lashes the Earth with ripping ice and rumbling thunder. Who plunges his subjects into deep snow, so that they may feel the pain he does. Who turns the nights long, just to spite Summer. Summer, that bitch.

Winter, who, at the end of the day, just wants a friend. Who just wants to lay down in a meadow and watch a cloudy sky drip wintry paint on a field of powdery snow. Who wants someone to which he can tell his struggles. Who waits all his long shift for Spring, so he may finally get that hug. So he may melt down into the perfumed sweetness of Spring's hair, so he may feel her warmth and kindness.

Winter, the one with the cold exterior that doesn't match his longing heart.

iv. Spring

Spring, with her smile that lasts for millenniums. Spring, who lifts chartreuse stems that bloom with buds of a dusty mauve. Who lies down with Winter and gives him comfort with her silvery voice and hair of flowers. Who goes for tea with Summer and sends kind messages from across the world to Autumn.

Spring, the compromise of seasons, who continues the icy rain of Winter, brings back the cold winds of Autumn, and introduces Summer's breeze. Spring, with her laugh of gold and invisible tears. Who spices the air with heavy roses, though there's a reason she left the thorns.

Spring, who carefully nurtures her daughters, March, April, and May. Who is the midwife to countless mothers, the nurturer of plants and animals alike, mother and friend to all. The one who has her subjects' wishes in her heart.

Spring, the one who loves so many that occasionally she forgets who needs to be loved most: herself. Sometimes, her subjects learn from her example.

But at the end of the day, each of which is longer under her care, she brings rosebuds and joy with each graceful step. She sings with the morning birds. She talks to her friends, the closest of which is Winter. She loves her children from every species. She is a nurturer, a mentor, a teacher. She has us learn the most important lesson of all: love.
I hope you like this. I don't really know what it's supposed to be, but it's sort of what I imagine the seasons as if they were people, and what their feelings towards each other would be. Which one is your favourite? I think for me it would be Autumn or Winter. I hope you're having a good day!

This was amazing. I like autumn and summer. :)

• batman_is_a_cracker

Okay, I submitted my review. :)

• anonymous_123

If you don't mind i'm going to nominate you to this

• .amelia.

This is beautiful! Review well spent :D
    Personally, I'm kinda like summer but I like all the seasons alot <3

• Cheshire Cat

I am like winter

This is gorgeous! You can tell you thought this out cause it is perfect!
    /The girl who will dream with her subjects under the dappled shade of a willow tree that hides drowsy afternoons/ this line right there. That is pure gold! Love this so much

• anonymous_123

Awesome! I'm doing your prompts, mind if you do mine? I need more people, its called, "prompts for contest #1"

• mia_:)

Reread this and your descriptions are stunning! My favorite is probably Spring, though my heart aches for Winter. It's literally amazing how you gave them such distinct personalities! I love it!

• Madeline Harper

This is such an inspiring piece of writing. You ordered the seasons perfectly, like a story with a low-key tension in summer, building up in autumn and winter’s climax with spring at the end. I think spring is my favourite actually, I love the way you described how she kind of unites the other seasons and brings back/continues their characteristic weather patterns. :)

• inkandstars

review on the way!

• mia_:)

Just, wow! This idea is genius, personifying the seasons! Can I try this with one of my pieces? Don't want to plagiarize, lol! <3 another beautiful piece!!!! :D

• joella

the characters you've created here are so nuanced and thought out. everything about this is amazing; your diction, your imagery, the exquisite personification...I absolutely love this piece!

• Doodleninja

this is sheer genius. I love characterizing random things, and the personalities and stories you've given to the seasons are so SPOT ON it warms my cold heart XD
    your descriptions are amazing, your vocab is superb. The relationships you've given between all of them has me gushing over how adorable they are. I wanna draw all them now
    My fave is definitely Winter because I love myself an angry, moody boy who needs a hug, preferably from me :)

I am dying over how amazing this is. My favorites are Spring and Summer.

The imagery... the metaphors...every single thing about this piece is absolutely breathtaking. I can tell you put a lot of effort into this. My favourite is Spring for sure!

• Dmoral

this is super cutee