Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.
[current read: collection of poems by e. dickenson]

sometimes pairing together 2 unexpected things works for the better---and other times, it's a complete mess

< speak greek > i'll always be a local

15

< αʹ >
your eyes are crystal balls & i yearn
to read them, but all they do are taunt me of
futures i wish could be.

< βʹ >
leaving your childhood sweetheart hurts, even more so
when you're daddy tells you: it's time to go, while
you two were still holding on to each other, wishing you
didn't have to ever let go; but life moves on
and you should too.

< γʹ >
my mama told me, loving is harder
then it use to be; 
and all i could say is, 
loving is harder then it should be.

< δʹ>
these bones weren't made for small towns:
where somethings mean everything, but anywhere
else it means n o t h i n g. and back in the cities,
you got tattoos of words you could never
dare say; here, they plagiarize country songs
every other damned day.

< εʹ >
the few days my daddy lets me come back
home, i always run into your arms and cry
"i love you"s from my eyes; as you
swing me. and even though my staying is temporary, 
i have a house back in a far-too-small-town, and 
my family clains we have to return,
i'll always be a local in the city i'll forever
call my home. (this is where
we'll end up together, believe me).
Finished: 5/11/2020
The likelihood the website I used when trying to figure out the Greek numerals being wrong is high, considering it was "not secure" and gave me letters. But then I looked into it and the order of their alphabet also determined their number representations.
Also, apparently I have a thing for writing small-town blues & things about missing my home city.I suppose I could say where I live and the place I miss are my muse, it sure does look that way. Here, let me prove it to you:
your hug was everything i needed, it was better than the words: 'i love you'
volume of a sphere
young enough to remember, old enough to yearn for it
i regret never telling you
I'm Homesick For...
The Player Who Took Me Home & the Smalltown Basketball Game

(yeah, there's that many. so if you like reading small-town things, city girl living (in the ghetto), & hating where you live blues, check these things out)

• Wisp

I was going to say, after reading a lot of your pieces, I see a lot of consistencies between missing your hometown and moving. Not in a bad way though, I think the way you portray these emotions are brilliant and I adore the way you can find different ways to write them each time.
    "you got tattoos of words you could never
    dare say; here, they plagiarize country songs"
    I am in love with this line, but then again I really adore the use of the word tattoo in literature, especially in a poetic sense like this. I guess there's something haunting about permanence on your skin, the act of never being able to erase it or ever being able to go back. So I really love the way you used it here, it's really just beautiful.

i come like a leprechaun to a pot of gold when i saw that this had a greek little thing going on and literally nobody is surprised. i actually think the greek goes well with this! there’s the saying “it’s all greek to me” and i think it’s quite fitting for a piece about yearning for home and hating where you live. nice job!!

• joella

wow! the nostalgia in this piece emanates from every line. especially love
    "back in the cities, you got tattoos of words you could never dare say; here, they plagiarize country songs every other damned day."

• mia_:)

beautiful! I am literally in love with your writing style; you inspire me every time I read one of your pieces! I also love how you incorporate different languages. Great job!

• OpalDove

this is great. i wonder - why aren't you allowed to stay with ur dad? it's intriguing. maybe that's on purpose. sorry to pry.

• And_The_Stars_Laughed

Wow, this is so good! I love your writing style -- you have a way to make your poems flow together so seamlessly! The line "these bones weren't made for small towns: / where something means everything..." is so beautiful and the way that it is worded has me clinging to each letter that's there! Awesome job! :)