sci-Fi

call me Fi :)
Black and LGBTQ+ Lives Matter
Feminist
~pink~purple~blue~
she/they
Aries INFP-A Fangirl ;D

feels like I'm reposting this every week...

Writer's Block | gonna repost this every time I can't think of something new

17
How do you do this?

How much effort could it take to write down a few words? Clearly a lot, since I'm five days behind on my novel.

But I guess writing is more than just a deadline.

Writing is freedom. The sweet sound of typing. The pressure from punching keys making my nail polish flake off. Bringing a blank page alive with words. Being enclosed in your own little bubble of thoughts. That feeling when the inspiration hits, when your mind is racing and your blood pumping and all you need in that moment is a pen and paper. 

Oh how I love it.

But

I

Am

Stuck.

• xx carolina xx

re: yes we stan quinn and ana

uh..write about..mice that live in the walls of some castle, and what life is like for them???
    idk man

• xx carolina xx

re: that wasn't the reaction i was hoping for, oop. i hope i didn't freak you out with that piece.

oh poor fi! um... you could write about a recent encounter you had with anyone, really, and set it in either a different time or place...

• Jj101

:( Writer’s block isn’t nice. I wish you well and to get out of it asap!!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: thank you!! :)

Re: Thank you!!!

• AccountA

i love this! i feel like this so often i still need to figure out my next chapter for my book too

• storie_bird

Cool Editting for those last words....creates kind of sweet rhythm..:)

Re: Thank you I appreciate it

• katnissromanoff

I am in the same place right now. I started a novel (well actually I've started about 20 just in the last month or two) and now I'm stuck. I don't know what to continue, I don't know what to start over, what to forget about completely..... I totally relate to this piece right now :)

Woohoo writers block buddies today!! XD

writer's block sucks. some ideas for you:
    - write about a scar (how it was inflicted, how the person deals with it, how it is a reminder, etc.)
    - write about a happy little tree and it's conversations with the moon/grass/flower/etc.
    - just a book review of your fav book/letter to a character.
    hope that helps! <3

• LaurenBeeWrites

Okay... I'm new to WTW, what does Re: mean? Is it like replying to someones comment? Sorry, I'm a newbie. Also...this is really amazing. I can totally get behind the feeling of having writers block, it can be so annoying and right now I am on last stretch of edits for the first round of editing my novel and just had to stop since I wasn't fully emersed. This is a very accurate depiction of this feeling.

• queenie

re: ..pardon? I'm not sure I know what that..connotates?

Ah u republished this at the perfect time I have block rn too XD

• queenie

Andreus..looks like an older Percy..but he-he's like..thirty-five?? And married?? So??

• Cosmogyral

i type the first color that comes to mind, stare at it for thirty seconds, then proceed to type every separate word i associate with that color, then i choose one word as a theme then go with it. eugh, writer's block is tough.

oh yes. and there are the many types of writer's block.
    Inspirationless: when you have the motivation but can't think of anything to write
    Motivation Deprived: you have the idea, but just, don't really wanna
    Pooped: Basically you have no ideas and don't really feel like writing anyway.
    Procrastination: Where you are SO PUMPED TO GET THIS THINGS DONE!! But, there's that other thing, and, your show is on, and, you'll just do it tomorrow.
    AAAAAA: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    hope this helps, even though it's somewhat useless! I got this from that time-stealing cesspool of aesthetic wonders, AKA Pinterest.

wow, what an awesome idea!! and i am so sorry the right words are failing you today... this is so relatable. paragraph 4 win the imagery prize forever and always! and the last part... yeah. hopefully, tomorrow will be better for you! <3

dude i relate to this SO MUCH omg

So relatable. I love how your style reflects that here—the first two paragraphs fly by very well, but the last line is funny because it really shows the halting ideas of writer's block.

This is the definition of writer's block! It's so annoying!!!
    Re- It's totally okay! I wasn't following you either:(

Yep. We all need a piece to just republish whenever we have writers block. I know I have mine XD

• doodleninja

haha I can totally relate to this XD love that spacing at the end.

To your message:
    are you even a booklover if you don't fall in love with at least one fictional character in your life? XD
    Also, book suggestions! Here are a few:
    Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan
    Savvy by Ingrid Law (it's a series, but this is the first book)
    then check out the author M. M. Vaughan, her books are amazing