Mishthi Sharma

Please give your feedback.

Darkness

7
The darkness was filled with red. I was standing there, staring at the blank spaces of my life. She was also there, but lost. A cold drop of salty water trailed down her cheek and I shivered in horror and discomfort.

“Say it! Don’t be afraid dear.” I said. My words terribly shaking as I managed to put them down in a sentence. She sobbed once, twice, thrice. Every teardrop of hers was digging the hole in my chest wider and deeper. But she was just staring at nothingness. Her silence was stabbing me.

“You did this?” I shouted, to bring her back from her darkness to the darkness filled with red.  She swallowed the lump in her throat.

“I....am...S.....”

“You did this or not?”

She lowered her head in a yes but was never able to raise it again. 

The darkness was filled with red, gushing out of the dead body.I grabbed her sweating hand and paced out of the room.

I should have been stronger to fight the darkness. Instead I ran away and invited it to race. I tried to leave the corpse and the darkness behind. But her darkness never left her behind. It came back to her every time she heard the red police siren roar in the darkness.

I should have left my daughter in the darkness to get rid of her darkness. At the end her darkness won the race.

• May 23, 2020 - 12:29am (Now Viewing)

• Chloe :) <3

This piece is really beautiful and so sad! I really loved reading it!

• ek503

I love the way you described the speaker’s raw emotions so vividly!

• joella

such a creative concept! love it :)

• Cheshire Cat

Q&A answers are up

• ElsaRee

Wonderful

• Tushar Mandhan

Okay so I read it an hour ago......now it's midnight and the conclusion that I've drawn is-
    The piece is narrated by a mother whose child had committed a crime and she tried to hide it but the child is mentally disturbed by the incident because she knew that it was wrong.
    Am I right?
    Also I think tomorrow......I mean today 'cause it's 12'o 9.......I'd publish a song......would love to get your views on it.

• Samina

Omg, this is so good. Great job!