Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

I am seventeen and live in the South. I am currently a junior in high school. I love working out, reading, writing and painting. I also enjoy spending time with my parents, boyfriend and friends. I am a Christian and I like to encourage others.

Hey guys!!!! During this time we need writing more than ever. Right now we need to be able to express our thoughts and feelings. While we express ourselves through writing we should also support each other. I know sometimes it is very hard but we should try to spread positivity. I absolutely love it when people peer-review my work, so please do and I can peer-review a piece of yours of your choosing in return. Keep writing and inspiring others. Keep expressing yourself. May God bless you.

Soulmates and Angles (Part Three)

15
    I haven't seen Tristian in two weeks. I refuse to go to their house when Ryder wants to see me. I feel like I am breaking all of the rules of romance while obeying all the rules of the government. Ryder seems unaffected by the fact that him and I are soulmates. I on the other hand am dying inside. The only thing that Ryder seems confused by is the fact that Aurora is back. Angels have never interacted with humans. What makes my cousin different? I just simply don't understand how a system so perfect could all of a sudden break. The government denies the existence of angels but yet I saw her as clear as day. How can a creature the government denies the existence of have the same symbol as someone the government so heavily controls the life of?
    "Lotty. Wake up gorgeous." I open my eyes and shoo away the questions skipping through my brain. I glance at Ryder who has me nestled into the crook of his shoulder. We have been cuddled up in my eno in my backyard for three hours. Ryder has been stuck to me like glue for the past two weeks. Ryder is a wonderful guy but he could never be Tristian. We can never have the love Tristian and I had or have. I have a feeling Ryder feels the same way but is so desperate to feel what he felt when he dated Aurora, that he ignores it. I wonder if he has considered trying to feel that way with her again. After all she is back. But the question is how?
    I see concern written in his green eyes as he gently laces his fingers in my strawberry blonde hair and twirls it around. "Do you want to talk about what's going through your mind? I have a lot of questions about this too." He lets go of my hair and tilts my face towards his. His face is set with patience and determination. "A bunch of questions are rolling through my head. I just simply don't understand anything about this entire situation." He shakes his head at me and says in a frustrated voice "I don't understand how she is back either but I do know that we have to let this go. It has been two weeks, our feelings for them need to reside. You and I can have something special Lotty. Don't you trust the government? Do I even trust the government at this moment?" I laugh at Ryder and mockingly respond through a sugar sweet smile "Trust the government or trust my heart? Hmm that is a really hard choice to make. At least I know you are as confused about this whole situation as I am." I roll my eyes at him and look at the tree my left eno strap is hanging on. The initials T + C are carved inside of a heart. I feel Ryder move and then feel the eno shift as he stands up.
    Ryder looks at me with a scowl on his face and strides over to the tree. He pulls out a knife... funny thing a musical boy with a knife. I realize what he is doing and scream "Don't you dare do it Ryder Peters. Put the knife down right now." Ryder puts the knife back in his pocket then strides over to me. He stands in front of me and studies my face. Suddenly I release tears that cascade down my face like a waterfall. Ryder gently wipes my tears away, his hands are rough against my face. I see that they are calloused from playing guitar. His hands move from wiping my tears to cupping my chin. "I wish things could be different Lotty. I wish you and Tristian could be together. And more than anything I wish I could be with Aurora now that she is back. I just wish I knew how this is possible. You and I could be something though." He pulls my face closer to his and locks lips with me. I close my eyes and try to let the government be right. Maybe Ryder can be my soulmate.
    As we lay in each other's arms in the eno Ryder keeps glancing at me. "Ry what do you want?" I start laughing, thinking that he is going to tell me he just wants to kiss me again. He opens his mouth, then shuts it, then starts speaking slowly "I think we should go to my house and hang out in the tree house. I know you don't want to but you need to. You can't both keep acting like the other one doesn't exist. Maybe we can figure out how angels can all of a sudden interact with us now." I nod my head and allow Ryder to lift me out of the eno and carry me to his black 2005 mustang. After fifteen minutes of driving we reach his house.
    I open the door and start walking towards the tree house when I hear laughter and then a conservation. "Maybe being soulmates with an angel isn't the worst thing that could happen. You are so much kinder than Char could ever hope to be and you are simply stunning. Haha thinking Char would be my soulmate stupid me, I have better now. I mean come on no one has ever interacted with an angel but not only am I touching one I am also soulmates with one." My hands curl into fists as I process what Tristian just said and then I realize that he could see me. He said all of that to get a rise out of me. I pause and start to move again but then hear Aurora speak "It is quite odd that the system placed you with an angel. The system has never placed an angel with a human. The system has never allowed angels and humans interact before. Also don't talk such a big game when you know it is a lie. You know you wish you were with her. You know our relationship will be different because although you can interact with me I am only half here." I peak around the corner of the house in time to see Aurora, her red hair radiated by her halo give Tristian a disapproving look.
    "The angel is even surprised by this?" Tristian looks at his questioningly and she shakes her head yes. "I know this isn't what you expected Tristian, in fact none of us expected this but I think we all need to move on." I feel hands wrap around my waist and realize that Ryder is now eavesdropping on them with me. "I think maybe we should stop listening to their conversation and go talk in the treehouse." We start to move around the house when we hear sighing. I stop dead in my tracks when I see Tristian kissing Aurora against the house. "What the heck!? How can you even kiss a dagum angel?" I see Tristian's shoulders tense and then he slowly turns toward me. "Maybe because I have lips Charlotte. You do remember that I have lips right? Do you remember what it felt like when I used to kiss you. Sparks, flames, fireworks even. You do remember that don't you? Angels can feel that too." Aurora smacks Tristian with her wings and places a hand over his mouth. "That is enough Tristian. It is good to see the both of you. I have missed you. I am only here in half form but it allows me to be kissed. Before you ask... I have no clue how this happened and I wished I hadn't had to be away for two months." It almost seems like there are tears in her eyes when she glances at Ryder... but angels don't cry. Do they? And humans and angels can't actually be soulmates or interact can they? Surely the government hasn't lied to us or made a mistake. Have they?

• May 8, 2020 - 9:56am (Now Viewing)

• Just_A_Memory

;w;

• kealoha

This is so fun to read!

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

He was hurt.

• Currently Unavailable

T-T Why is Tristian being a jerk? I liked him a lot.

• Ahsan Nizaam

Oh! wow! You really like to keep us on edge

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

True lol. Thank you for the suggestion

• amazing grace

i know, but normally people don't marry the brother to the guy their cousin marries.

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

The reason I did it that way is to symbolize how close they are. Make it more of a twist that they got each others boys

• amazing grace

Just one small note maybe chance aurora from being her cousin to something else.

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Hmm who knows what will happen :) I will try to write part four in a bit

• Charisse Marison

Oh my gosh. Who is she going to end up with?! I am at the edge of my seat, fantastic job!