Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.
obsessed with name titled poetry & songs.

LOVE some feedback! i plan on editing & publishing the new version soon!

my body grows old before my mind wishes it so (alone, maturity hurts)

23

my bedroom mirror's cracked and i
know it's from the movers but sometimes
i think it was secretly from it
looking at my face.

hair falls out unnaturally and i cry every night, can someone please tell me, it's not alright? balding would be easy if i were a man since only then is it acceptable-but now, i get the pleasure of being a teenage girl experiencing high school with the chance of being the homecoming ugly queen. hair isn't everything, but i'd be lying if i were to say it wasn't something. that's why when i shower, i massage my head afterward and whisper prayers in the bathroom as if it were a cure.

mama made me, the only way
she knows how; is it considered irony
that by the second, she
had the process all figure out?

mama did things i'm not allowed to talk about, that's what my adoptive parents told me. and i know i should forgive and forget her, because she was young and naive, simply the age 19; but it's her fault i'm here and ending up like this. they say crazy isn't a gene, but science can't fool me, the likelihood of me becoming like her increases yearly.

fell off my bike too many times, grace
and balance just weren't for me,
so they left little presents on my knees:
scars, bruises, and markings.

if there's one thing i want, it's the promise of youth in eternity; living forever's only a dream if you can do it properly. so when death kisses my cheeks in farewell, claiming she'll never visit me, only then will i pack my bags and collect lost boys like pennies. but we all know that desires just fuel the flames of inevitability, burning to ash and flying away; dreams never come true (and those who tell you otherwise simply wish to take them away from you).

you'll never know my name
because every lover i know that does
takes it and uses it into their greedy
little game; no, my name is
mine alone to keep.

expectations are directions to disasters, so please, keep them away from me. i stopped writing them myself when i realized i wanted to be young and free. and i've started to ignore my body's natural craving for mortality and outlining my heart's drawing of infinity; childhood memories i've begun to cry (now i understood why my mother use to) and the itching feeling of wrinkles appear on my body.
Word count: 416
lowercase intentional.
Finished: 5/7/202o
Inspiration: one more poem about growing old (alone) by Anha (yes i did get her permission to use this piece as inspiration; i also referenced a few lines in the piece). THANKS ANHA!! MUCH LOVE <3  Also, I put her in the title because it's what a cool person would do ;)
Ths if for, crow_e's contest, #ekphrasis, prompt 3: Write a piece, poetry or prose, based on a poem from a writer on WTW. you can choose any writer as long as it's not yourself.

1

• Wisp

"balding would be easy if i were a man since only then is it acceptable-but now"
    "expectations are directions to disasters"
    Golly (I really said golly, I guess I'm a Disney dwarf now), if this ain't the truth than I don't know what is-
    Okay, so after reading so much of your writing, I think I've realized what makes it so different from others, separating them to a whole other level. It's because your writing is true, you don't write about frilly stuff (well, at least not all the time) about love and watching of tulips blossom (not that they're bad things to write about) and the neverending paradox of falling in and out of love. You write about things that MATTER to you, things that resonate with your very soul. That shines through in your writing, and it shows this passion that is separated from typical poems like "roses are red, violets are blue" because it is RELATABLE and we can just tell that what you're writing has an impact on your life. Even your stories have a ring of truth, they're not just fabrications that portray life as easygoing and all fun, because it's not. And I have to say, that is one of my favorite things about your writing, your ability to craft something that matters, and your ability to make it connect with readers.

"but we all know that desires just fuel the flames of inevitability, burning to ash and flying away; dreams never come true" aaah why did I only just discover this gorgeous piece of work?

yes!! honestly, i never expected my post-shower musings to inspire something as great as this. "if there's one thing i want, it's the promise of youth in eternity; living forever's only a dream if you can do it properly." "expectations are directions to disasters..." lord, i couldn't ask for a better piece to fuel my ego ;)

• purplepanache

aah this is the kind of work that gently caresses your soul and seduces you to places you'd have never strayed to alone. there is so much pain and beauty in this, i can't tell you how much i love it. very wholesome work.

• kealoha

Beautiful writing, absolute masterpiece.

• Wicked!

This is so amazing. 'my bedroom mirror's cracked and i know it's from the movers but sometimes i think it was secretly from it looking at my face' and 'fell off my bike too many times, grace and balance just weren't for me, so they left little presents on my knees: scars, bruises, and markings' are absolutely brilliant.

• Klaiir

A truly intriguing piece. So many great lines.
    ''Expectations are directions to disaster"
    "my heart's drawing of infinity"
    <3

• Cressida

Such a poignant and amazing piece!
    “and i’ve started to ignore my body’s natural craving for mortality and outlining my heart’s drawing of infinity” “expectations are directions to disasters” “dreams never come true (and those who tell you otherwise simply wish to take them away from you)”
    Sooo many great lines.

This is so incredibly gorgeous. Additionally, you integrated the poem into it flawlessly.

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

All of the emotion in this... just wow