Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

I am seventeen and live in the South. I am currently a junior in high school. I love working out, reading, writing and painting. I also enjoy spending time with my parents, boyfriend and friends. I am a Christian and I like to encourage others.

Hey guys!!!! During this time we need writing more than ever. Right now we need to be able to express our thoughts and feelings. While we express ourselves through writing we should also support each other. I know sometimes it is very hard but we should try to spread positivity. I absolutely love it when people peer-review my work, so please do and I can peer-review a piece of yours of your choosing in return. Keep writing and inspiring others. Keep expressing yourself. May God bless you.

Soulmates and Angles (Part One)

23
    My wrist starts stinging and I realize that my symbol has finally appeared. As I look down to examine my symbol I touch my wrist. I instantly regret it and wish that someone would have warned me that touching your symbol when it first appears makes you feel like fire is engulfing your wrist. I grit my teeth as I closely examine my symbol... it appears to be a heart with a lock and key around it. Happy 18th Birthday to me! Not only did I receive my symbol but I received one that I absolutely love. I know that today will be the day that Tristian and I can can finally prove once and for all that all of this time we have been soulmates. In our country everyone receives a symbol on their wrist on their 18th birthday. The person with the matching symbol is your soulmate. The system has never failed and the symbols never change. So they say anyways. I have seen soulmates start out as enemies and then somehow they fall in love. Despite the odds of Tristian and I having the same symbol, I trust that the government paired us. 
    Our whole lives it has been Charlotte and Tristian. Of course Tristian would always be seen first due to his height but I would always be heard first due to my inability to keep quiet. I may or may not not know how to speak in a normal volume. We know each other because our parents are best friends which means that we grew up together. We were always very good friends... until we became something more. Dating is not prohibited before you turn eighteen and receive your symbol but it is strictly discouraged. When we turned sixteen our friendship turned into something more. There was something there, the start of a spark that led to a flame. We have waited two years to prove to everyone that we are indeed soulmates. We are confident and so are our parents. Our parents say that they have felt it in their hearts since the moment we told them we wanted to date, that we would be soulmates. I feel it in my heart as well. It would be impossible for Tristian and I not to be soulmates. 
    I strutt out of of my house with a grin on my face that makes my eyes sparkle. I plop myself into my Carolina blue 2014 Honda CRV and turn my country music up to 16. I speed out of my driveway and down the street, hoping to make a fifteen minute drive to Tristian's house seem like only one. Finally after what feels like ten hours, I pull into his driveway. A text from Tristian pops up on my phone telling me to meet him in our tree house. The tree house where he asked me to be his girlfriend in, gave me our first kiss in and told me that he loved me in. Of course our tree house would be the place that we find out we are soulmates. It seems fitting since the tree house has always been our place. The tree house has always been our go to destination for important moments in our lives and heartfelt conversations. I smile when I realize that the tree house will now hold the most important memory of all, us becoming soulmates. 
    I pull myself up the ladder and see a smile that lights up my whole world. Tristian's full face comes into view and I can tell that he is truly elated. I sit down beside him and take a moment to gaze at him before we reveal our symbols. Tristian's blue eyes seem to sparkle as the sunshine from the tree house windows reflect in them. His dark brown hair is short but the front gently falls unto his forehead towards his eyes. His long legs are folded to make more room for me, the perks of being six feet and four inches tall. His legs shake nervously and with excitement causing the whole tree house to tremble. He bites his lip nervously as if signaling that it is time to get this over with.
    "One, two, three!" Tristian counts down and we both flip over our wrists. I scream and for the first time in a very long time I see my care free and happy boyfriend frown. "They don't match.... What are we supposed to do now? The system is never wrong!" As I speak I can tell Tristian is full of utter disappointment. Creases line his face and sorrow fills his eyes. "I guess that all of this time we were wrong. We aren't soulmates. But if you aren't my soulmate then who is? I guess now we have to find out". He looks at me and nods his head to the ladder, motioning for me to leave. I can't believe that just happened. Before I go I grab his wrist and look at the symbol etched into his skin. It is half of a heart resting on a moon. Again I shriek. Tristian cups my face tenderly and says "Baby what's wrong now? I know we have different symbols but why did you scream again? What else could possibly be wrong!?" I look at him and calmly say "Tristian your symbol matches my cousin Aurora's symbol. There is just one problem..." Tristian looks at me and mockingly says "Well besides us not being soulmates what is the problem with me and your cousin having matching symbols?" I look at him tenderly then shut my eyes as I whisper "Your symbol belongs to someone who is dead. Aurora died two months ago in a car accident." I open my eyes and see Tristian look lost for words. "But the system never fails! Never in the history of the system has a living person received the same symbol as a dead person. Charlotte, people don't come back as angels. How did the system mess up?" He looks at me hopelessly, his eyes searching mine for answers. I have none to give him. I don't understand this either. No one has ever received the same symbol as someone who is dead. 
    Before I know it Tristian is laying on the floor of the tree house sobbing. I swear throughout our entire lives I have maybe seen him cry twice. He has always been tough but considerate. I have never seen him hit his breaking point, but I think I just did.  I can't believe I am watching my  boyfriend or ex boyfriend or.... Heck I don't even know anymore... I can't believe I'm watching him sob and for once I can't do anything about it. He looks at me and quietly says "Even if angels exist they don't interact with the living. What am I supposed to do now Char? I don't have you anymore and I won't have a soulmate. The system just broke." I shake my head at Tristian and scold him "The system is never wrong Tristian. There has to be a reason this happened. I love you." With that I kiss his head and gently climb down the rungs of the treehouse.
    I make it to my car when I hear Ryder's loud voice call my name. I stop and wait as I see Tristian's twin brother running towards me like a squirrel on crack. I try so hard to force a smile unto my face that my cheeks tense up. Ryder and Tristian are complete opposites despite being twins. Ryder has blonde hair and green eyes and despises anything country. Whereas Tristian has dark brown hair and blue eyes and is one of the most country boys I have ever met. Ryder is musically gifted: he sings, acts and plays guitar. Tristian is extremely athletic and a craftsman: he plays football, basketball, he runs track, he does wood carving and he is always working on his pickup truck. I have never met two siblings who were total and complete opposites like these two boys. They only have two things in common. They are both incredibly tall and both of them would do anything for me. I am suddenly jolted out of my thought when Ryder comes to hug me and I see his wrist. As my scream fills the air a bolt of light coming from the tree house blinds us. 
New series. 

1

• books4life

whoa!!!

• Kayden

Intriguing! I'm gonna try to read one of these everyday until I'm caught up.

• amazing grace

i think i found a good publisher you might want to try. you would need to email them with your query letter, and book as a word doc. if you want to do this i can tell you where to find them.

• Cheshire Cat

omgosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• kealoha

Ooo I love this concept! Amazing!

• Just_A_Memory

Love it a lot! Definitely will be reading the next parts after I get some beauty sleep. (I just pulled an all nighter)

• MarvelousMarshmallow

Actually I'm wrong it's not as similar, the stories have similar setups but yours is so compelling, don't stop this series!

• MarvelousMarshmallow

Do you know what this reminds me of? Luff, it's a webtoon series I really enjoy check it out if you're bored.

• Spade

This is stellar!

• Currently Unavailable

OMG! So good!

• birthdaycandles

Yes, I definitely remember reading this once before, I must’ve forgotten to like it though, I would never forget such a cliffhanger!

Wow this is amazing but also kinda sad. I'm going to go read all the other parts;)

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

I will think about it. I honestly would love that but I don't know if Im good enough

• amazing grace

well you would have to find a publishing company then you would send it in i think they would edit it and tell you if they're interested or not then you would go from there. and if you do get it published please let me know so i can be sure to buy a copy. :)

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Aw thank you :) How would I do that?

• ElsaRee

amazing!

• amazing grace

Wow just Wow. This is so good and I don't usually go for romance books, but once you're done with this you should try getting it published. I'm serious.

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

it is more fun to describe the car

• Charisse Marison

Wow. That took a big turn!
    Eurgh! I love this so much! I'm going to go read the other parts as well!

• Tushar Mandhan

I've realised that you never write 'car' rather you're very specific with the colour, company and model of the car which is kinda cool........I loved the piece....gonna read next part!