mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

桜梅桃李

"i rebel, therefore i exist." ~ albert camus

"be a rainbow in someone's cloud." ~ maya angelou

"it's better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." ~ herman melville

_____________________________________________________________

reviews are great, but aren't much help if there is nothing critical!

if anyone ever has a question or needs ANYTHING, i'm here for you!

have a great day! you're amazing! <3<3<3

crease, sculpt, shape #champion #tiebreaker (feedback, please!!! <3)

14

(i)
you color me incompatible.
    i am a blank slate, but you write me out of my own dreams, my dreams for the future.
        you say i'm incompetent, incapable, inadequate. i'm just not what you're looking for. 
    i don't look the way i should, talk the way i should, be the way i should.
i don't fit into your ideals. and your idea of me is the only way i should be.

should i rewrite the constellations threaded into my heart, the words etched into my soul, just to please you?

is that right?

(ii)
we all wish for confidence.
    who doesn't want to feel unstoppable, unbeatable, at the top of the world?
        but confidence is perception and your outlook is skewed, your lens fogged up. 
            who do you think you are, to deem yourself worthy of interpreting my motives?

if i'm proud, i'm bragging.
    if i encourage, i'm condescending.
if i insult myself, i'm in my place, i'm humble, i'm everything a woman should be.
    i should hate the parts of myself that curl up at the edges, that don't lie flat on your floor plan.
if i love myself, i'm passive-aggressive, intent on making others feel inferior.

but that's how you make me feel.

is that right?

(iii)
you look on, smirking as her nose wrinkles, her forehead forming canyons of worry, and i long to fill them with water, to spare her the pain.
slender palms press against her stomach, fingers melting into slots between her protruding ribs.

ugh, i'm so fat

i look at her, hair covering my conflicted expression

if you're fat, what does that make me?

should i look like that?

is that right?

(iv)
it's not right. and it never should be.

no one should force you into a mold, your essence spilling over, swirling down the drain.

you shouldn't need to conform to their standards, whittle away parts of yourself that you secretly love.

all of you is beautiful. 

don't smoothe your folds because someone tells you you're unworthy.
don't let anyone sculpt you to their ideals, betraying whispered vows you swore by as you sat under dusk-streaked sky.

you're imperfect, and that's perfect.

your creases are what make you shine in a galaxy of stars.

Replying: Hehe I've been blocked myself XD I wish I could help. Maybe listen to some music that inspires you in some way?

the “it’s not right. it should never be.” actually made me tear up. this is just...so powerful. it hits really, really hard. i love the use of the whole “creases” and “sculpting”—like you’re building something. it really adds to the whole “you build your body image” idea. wow. just...wow. amazing.

• joella

heyy so not to sound like a creep, but i saw your comment about writers block and i have a suggestion for you. chrys always writes pieces inspired by songs, and i tried it once; it's a really great way to get your ideas flowing. hope that helps! :)

• Chloe :) <3

This piece got lost in the feed and I didn't see it till now :((( Its amazing!! Wow! So important and just so beautiful to read!

• Tushar Mandhan

The diction of this piece is moggling!
    P.S.- It's a word that my friend had invented, meaning mind-boggling. How creative XD

• Writers of the World

Good day @mia_:),

Regarding your question:
    Prompts will be posted two to three times a week. As said in the directions, you may write and post your piece on WtW (make sure you link our website!), just make sure to post the link in our link response post. Happy writing!

• Eleanor M

I love this so much!!!

Congratulations! You made it to Round Two!

Replying: Thank you!!! Your support means so much to me. As for the format, I'll keep ACToD's advice for the future, but it's not SUPER messed up on this, so unless I get a review that gives me ideas to change more than just that end formatting, I'll just keep it as it is.

• joella

this is amazing!! gets better and better every time you edit :)
    btw, thanks for all the love on my recent pieces! <3

Thanks!

• Just_A_Memory

I feel (iii) the most. I talk to my friends about it all the time. This is an overall outstanding piece that puts my work to shame .XD Luv ya @mia_:)
    Keep doing what you do!