PouringOutTheSun

Ireland

“In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.” -Madeline Miller, “The Song Of Achilles.”

#blacklivesmatter

originally for like day 18 of escapril :,)

And Yeah, The Inside of Your Cheek is Bitten to Shreds But You’ve Been Sleeping Better Lately and That’s Enough, Isn’t It?

17

“how’d the sky look?”

he tilts your head up with ichor soaked fingers//taller than you, always will be//“i mean, how’d the sky look when you came falling down from it?”//ghost of a stammer and he pretends not to notice// you neck is cold, your hands shaky and the gasp of your breath is deafening //and it’s just like, you can imagine the arc of the flames//that brilliant streak of destruction left trailing across the sky//and he leaves gold stains underneath your chin//glitter trailing down the column of your throat//like the sun’s missing him so it just splashed a little bit of itself all over his palms//divine lifeblood, space rock clinging to shimmery skin//and you said you wouldn’t do this again//pick up damaged gods that have taken to wandering in the corn fields by your home//(gunmetal eyes, viridian veins,)//but it’s always like they just look so lost and so; you like to take their hands and point them skyward again.
i have a thing for random gods,,,,,

• May 5, 2020 - 8:54am (Now Viewing)

• crow_e

duuuuude "gunmetal eyes, viridian veins" the way you describe things is so so good

• mia_:)

This is wonderful! I love your details and the amazing flow of this piece!

• Wicked!

Oh my god this is GORGEOUS!

• purplepanache

beautiful beautiful beautiful. you've done wonders with imagery and symbolism.
    "that brilliant streak of destruction left trailing across the sky" - favourite lines.
    "divine lifeblood, space rock clinging to shimmery skin"-I can't tell you how beautifully worded this is.

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

I love the title.

• ElsaRee

SOO NICE!