Sol noctis

A fiendish reader

Let the darkness within spill out, you held yourself back for years, it has killed you inside really slow, why do you stitch that lie of a smile?

Death Is Only The Beginning

9
On the ghats of Manikarnika,in the city of Banaras, 
the flames ablaze  on the pyres, 
the holy waters of Ganges gurgled about
as if unaware of the miseries which seeped all around. 

The sun was flaming bright and red, 
making the ghats look alike death,
the 100 fumes burning around 
seemed like the divine dance of Vishwanath,
gyrating with death and piroutting with sorrow, 
He taught the humans the reality of life. 

Whimpering over the dead is only a pity
for the soul will be alive for eternity, 
Who can teach one about life
better than the celestial Kashi?
the abode of the destroyer, 
but the city of serenity,

Now the ashes were to be flown in the mighty Ganges, 
taking them solemnly over to salvation, 

It was lord Buddha who was enlightened here, 
but for the mere mortals -
death is the abyss with musty air, 
dark looming shadows accosting them,
And with every step being dragged into the rancid, 

The ghats of Manikarnika were now filled with cries of the humans, 
who dessent with the truth of life, 
and disagree to His judgement, 

On the ghats of Manikarnika, in the city of Banaras
It is always the deleterious Rudra 
who dances his celestial tandav,
gracefully bringing not the end but a new beginning....... 

In Hinduism  death is considered as a gateway to another life marked by the results of one's karma. It is believed that a dead human's soul attains moksha, and hence breaks the cycle of rebirth when cremated here. Thus, scores of the elderly across the whole country seek to walk up to its edges, and spend their last days absorbing the charisma of the ghat making death painless and insignificant to be pondered upon.
*A ghat is stairs or a passage leading down to a river. (The Manikarnika ghat is named after Maharani Lakshmi Bai of Jhansi, who was born here. It is one of the holiest cremation grounds among the sacred riverfronts alongside the river Ganga)

*Lord Vishwanath(lord of the world) , Rudra(the mightiest of the mighty), Shiva(the auspicious one), all are the same, He is the Supreme Being; Lord of Divine Energy, Meditation, Arts, Yoga, Time, Destruction, Dance; Supreme Destroyer of Evil; Lord of The devas (gods).

*Kashi, Banaras, or Varanasi all are the same. We Indians believe that Kashi is the abode of Lord Shiva. Hence it's  regarded as the spiritual capital of India, the city draws Hindu pilgrims who bathe in the Ganges River’s sacred waters and perform funeral rites. Along the city's winding streets are some 2,000 temples, including Kashi Vishwanath, the “Golden Temple,” dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva.

• June 30, 2020 - 5:13am (Now Viewing)

• rainydayz

Wonderful piece! (also thank you for the kind message on my last piece)

• Cheshire Cat

Replying: thx for entering but do u think I am racist. Everyone is calling me that.

• 4ExtraShotsOfEspresso

Reply: Heck yea!!!! Coffee for the WIN!!!

• EliathRose

(Really nice piece, by the way!)

• EliathRose

Replying: I’m Seventh-Day Adventist, which is a Christian denomination that worships on Saturday as opposed to Sunday. We call that day Sabbath, following the original name in the Bible that the Jewish religion also uses. It traditionally starts from Friday sundown and ends Saturday sundown. Hope that helped! Feel free to ask any more questions!

• Sol noctis

Thank you.

• Tushar Mandhan

I really loved your diction in the poem. Great job!

this is very very interesting! especially with the info in your footnotes, great work and nice word flow!

• Samina

Wonderful! I loved the flow and how you have written it with synonyms of Kashi. The description is very vivid . Keep it up!