Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Update (1/28/2021): This got a silver key in the Scholastics competition!!! Thank you so much to everyone who's ever interacted with me on this site. It sounds cheesy, but I literally would not be where I am without you all. And a huge shoutout to my best friend The Campbell's Kid. He never gave up on me, he made me join this site, and also HE WON TWO GOLD KEYS AND A SILVER KEY! As your mother, I tell all of you to shower him with love right now.

Reviewed by Devan Belleau
Reviewed by Century Friend

Alloy (big news in message board!)

19

I am bones.
Bones and skin draping over;
Synonyms and sallow.
Water streams out of the showerhead,
The one that tends to miss my small frame
And hit the shower curtain instead.

I am legs.
Legs and underarms unshaved;
Skinny and sluggish.
My limbs are too exhausted to drag themselves places,
And they do not understand
Why I cannot fly today.

I am hands.
Hands and feet reaching in vain;
Seismic and selective.
I keep trying to obtain something constant,
But this is ice and quicksand
Always falling away from me.

I am intestines.
Intestines and muscles twisting and aching;
Sickly and sore.
Noises come from my stomach unwillingly,
Protesting the state of my body
And the tangling of my art.

I am head.
Head and heart feuding;
Screams and sincere.
These pieces of me are the strongest and loudest,
They misunderstand and complicate
The visions I try to define.
This is the finished product of my week five writing streak.

P. S. The Campbell's Kid's new username is Mr. Enoki

Congratulations on this piece! You deserve the recognition, that's such a huge accomplishment!
    Re: for some reason I can't like this either; an error message comes up! But thank you anyway for the huge compliment. I would say, however, it's not quite a fair comparison because I'm also writing a short story so I have to start it in the middle of the action so it's less than 5,000 words. I'm sure if you read any of my novels it would take a lot longer to get into them cause they start slower. : )

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: <333333

re: ok, thank you so much for letting me know, looks incredible

Echoing what starlitskies said, what is the Scholastics competition?

Congratulations. This is so genuine and raw. Imagery definitely nails the emotion.
    re: thank you!!

• happygiggles

re- thank you ((:

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Hi, Anne! What’s up?! :D Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my hiatus piece! You’re so sweet, and I enjoyed my break!
    CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS ON THIS PIECE!!

• Starlitskies

The imagery here is so vivid. Like I said, your poetry is powerful! My favourite is the last stanza, but then again I love the whole entirety of the poem!!!!! You are an amazing writer. Congratulations! <3
    P.S. - I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about the Scholastics competition. I've heard the name a lot but don't really know about it in depth. Thanks. :)

• Blue Jay

OMG CONGRATS! Amazing poem, and also, amazing job on the competition. I had a feeling that you would do good with your amazing writing :)

haven't been around much lately but congratulations!! this is such a lovely poem and imagery is just amazing. <33

• useless :)

wow, this is absolutely beautiful. the imagery is gorgeous and everything flows so well, and the repetition in the first sentence of each stanza really adds to it! not to mention the last line, i know this has already been said but it's probably the most perfect finish you could've made
    also, congrats, a silver key is super cool! and this piece definitely deserves it :)

• remi'sgotinkstains

I love the last line so much! Well done! And congratulations on your silver key! wow!

• happygiggles

Re- Thanks <33

This poem is simply lovely, I am OBSESSED with the last line!!! It really ties the whole piece together! Congratulations on your silver key, I'm super proud of you!!

ahhh i love this piece
    CONGRATULATIONS ANNE YOU DESERVE IT.IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU AHHHHHHHHHHH.HAVE A PARTY AND BE HAPPY AND ENJOY YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENT
    GONNA GO TO CAMPBELL NOWWWWW

• Rose A(hiatus)

This piece is positively lovely! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. I'll have to give my congratulations to The Campbell's Kid too. Y'all are amazing writers who deserve each award you won and more! :)
    (lol my computer died in the middle of me writing this comment)

anne!!! this is so good!! and it definitely deserves the silver key -- so proud!!! :D yay omg!! good job!!!!

!!!!

• aiyanna

This is beautiful. The repetition of different parts of the body and the repetition of words beginning with "s" in the third line in each stanza is brilliant! All the sensory and descriptions are just so impactful. I can't explain fully how great this is. I just love it, great job!

this is a really cool piece btw! great imagery and that last line is crazy amazingly perfect!

re: haha yea that is true. you have to hit mcDs right tho. in my opinion, five guys fries are the best. but my friends disagree. we have yet to try arby's so ima try those. but our options are mcD, DQ, wendys. not many choices. i live in WA so no In n Out *cries*

• A. Penderwick

Re: Ohhh, nice! Congratulations again!

• A. Penderwick

This is really really really good! The repetition and just, the feel of the poem is so well done. I honestly can't put it into words, reading it is so satisfying. And congrats on getting the silver key! I don't really know what that means, but it sounds good, and you definitely deserve it!