Wicked!

ENFP-T

Daydreaming and procrastinating more than is healthy.

Writer's block and sleep deprivation are my constant companions.

Community Ambassador Alum

[pfp: cover art for "Wild World" by Bastille]

Republishing for crow_e's #ekphrasis contest.

Here's the song I used: https://bit.ly/3cX5G8p

a breathing blasphemy | #126 #ekphrasis

22

it's a church of burnt romances, ornamented with sculptures in cages of splintered hearts and chandeliers of tangled vines, thick with thorns.

i'm too far gone to pray but you, angel, you are a breathing blasphemy, with roses nestled in your brittle ribs and halos cradled in your glorious palms, with frescoes painted on your sinewy thighs and stars spinning around your nimble fingers, with rosaries wrapped around your raw ankles and candles melting along your sinuous spine.

so open up your delusive scriptures and in your glory, i'll sacrifice my sinful being. slit my veins with your sword of guile and i'll worship you with a smile brighter than the sunlight glinting off its double-edged blade.

"It's a church of burnt romances / And I'm too far gone to pray" is from 'Only the Brave' by Louis Tomlinson. 

For prompt 4 of fatpanda's contest

• mia_:)

Replying: Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! Do you want me to change the title? I had no idea that you had a piece called that, but now that I think about it, I kind of remember. *facepalms* I can give you credit in the footnotes if you want!

• Samina

congratulations! you deserve it ...

• Ruthh

Congrats on community ambassador! You’ll do amazing :)

• mia_:)

wow! this is such a great piece! Your vocabulary is very clean and this is well structured. As for some constructive criticism, some of your sentences seem like run-ons, especially in the second stanza, so maybe break it up or restructure your formatting? I don't know. This is a hecka stunning piece that i love!

• Cheshire Cat

plz look

• Westley

Brilliant! I love the meaningful truth behind the words.

• jaii

oh wow this is brilliantly beautiful

• joella

wowwwww <3

• ElsaRee

It is so wonderful!! <3

• fatpanda

dude i LOVE this song. the lyrics, the singing, the music... *chef's kiss* you know i love louis' music, so you've played your cards well (not that i'm complaining). given how beautiful the song is, i'd say doing justice to its lyrics would be pretty hard, but you've managed it well. your descriptions are ethereal; i really like this piece :))

• Tushar Mandhan

I loved your vocabulary in the piece. It's very neat and clever.