Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.
obsessed with name titled poetry & songs.

Hope you enjoy it! Comments would be lovely!

your lover, she cries rainbows: edited

10
Red.
those hot, acid burning and scarring tears running down her cheeks, those are red tears. they're the anger and pain she feels, and everything else in between. they're the ones she cries as she's screaming at you, 'get away from me', because you're the burden creating the pain. the words boiling inside of her are meant to be thrown at you, but instead, they leak from her eyes as her mouth blurs together phrases she doesn't understand. no, red tears blind.

Yellow.
those luke-warm tears that taste of honey when it touches her tongue, those are yellow tears. they're joy and friendly, inviting others to joy in. they're the ones she cries as her best friend walks down the aisle she's a bridesmaid at. "fourteen years in the making" she mouths to her, and you watch because their connection makes you smile and ache for something as deep and meaningful with your best friend like that. oh, yellow tears are kind.

Green.
those honest, heavy tears drop down hard from her face and you hear the splatter, those are green tears. they're promising and exciting, full of hope and everything anyone could ever be. they're the ones she cries as her belly starts growing, her hands rubs her cool skin as she's singing, "you'll grow beautifully". nothing's a weed in her garden, for everyone's a blessing that deserves to wish on a dandelion. fortunately for you two, your wish came true. yes, green tears harmonize.

Blue.
those cool, smooth tears rolling down (that if collected would create a river), those are blue tears. they're tranquillity found in her sorrow that forms around her heart when reality strikes hard and fate pulls the rug from her feet. and the words, "nothing lasts forever" clouds her mind as she leaves her family, for the last time. happiness is distant, but she still reaches for it because it's all she knows, yet somehow does so gracefully. being on your own is harder than a person dreams. mhm, blue tears know.

Grey.
those empty, hollow tears that form in her eyes lifelessly, those are grey tears. they're dull and dingy, vast and lonely because they don't hold anything. they're the last ones to fall at the end of her crying, when she's breathing her last breath, as she lies on your bed. and when you cup them, they evaporate from your hands, reminding you nothing lasts forever. "i love you" are the words that fall from your cracked lips, dull and lifeless as her hands. now, grey tears are lonely.
lowercase intentional.
Word count: 430
Finished: 4/30/2020
Edited: 7/27/2020

Inspired by mia_:)'s prompt from forever ago, about rainbows.
Thanks to Liu Zirong & lindsmariebuck for their reviews! Though, I'm always open to more ;)

Lastly, I'm handing out free reviews, check it out here!

2
  • August 4, 2020 - 8:02pm (Now Viewing)

Dang I'm back and this is still incredible

• Wisp

First paragraph, gosh I was hooked. And if this isn't the embodiment of reality, than I don't know what is. And I'm going to go off topic here, but gosh dame (like my filler words? I do not but I needed something to explain it) I just want to send this to my uncle, because he's being so blind and not letting my aunt come over to see my dying grandfather. Ahhhh shoot, I'm getting personal, but man that paragraph made me hurt and angry and everything all at once. I-
    I'm just going to leave it there and all.
    Anywho, the writing is so glorious, and the incorporation of colors sets this so well that I just was at a lost for words. And the ending with the color of grey was so eloquent and beautiful that it tied the piece together so well. Ahh, eternally breathtaking.

aaAAA if my lover cried rainbows as beautiful as this i'd probably marry her and never let her go just so i could drink up this beautiful poetry over and over again! have i invented...a new type of marriage? poetry marriage? HA sorry to my gorgeous wife (but i only tied the ring for her poetic rainbow tears ;) ) lovely work as always!

"nothing's a weed in her garden, for everyone's a blessing that deserves to wish on a dandelion." ahhh the symbolism here is just so poignant and heartfelt, lovely work as always! :)

• Century Friend

The end hit hard. The whole thing was beautiful, and I loved how you compared the tears in the first and second paragraphs to acid and honey. It added character to the tears themselves in a way, if that makes any sense.

MASTERPIECE RIGHT HERE

k im done