sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

feedback would be wonderful! (please check out the painting that inspired this!)

the water lilies bring us

18
we met over the bridge
your face flush with a peony pink,
and though the wood was bright with mellow moss,
your smile made it more alive than anything I’ve seen.
 cherry blossom petals tucked into your hair,
your hands folded neatly in your lap, bashful as the lily pads,
your laughter started in your chest, and in the river of affection,
it rippled over to me.
i pluck a flower from your lips (a kiss!)
my dear, the spring envies how you bloom.
breathing in the sweet scent of budding blossoms,
the water lily pond reflects the bright image of us, hands intertwined like delicate stems, 
as we laugh: over the bridge.
this was inspired by the famous paining “the japanese bridge (the water lily-pond)” by Claude Monet. please check it out if you want to see what i was trying to embody in my writing! feedback is greatly appreciated.

• Dmoral

i've officially started the challenge of catching up on all your work & this is where i'm starting, so here's a heads up to why i'll be blowing up your notifications. now, onto properly commenting on this piece:

"your face flush with a peony pink, / and though the wood was bright with mellow moss,"
    your imagery is amazing, but these lines i felt like i pictured the most vividly. the way you crafted the "Scene" and "person" through all these comparisons is amazing.

"i pluck a flower from your lips (a kiss!)"
    this line made me smile, and definitely gave this piece an upbeat happy feel. the end where it's italicized works so so well!

"my dear, the spring envies how you bloom."
    my favourite line- i love the simplicity in the diction, but also the personification and figurative language here was absolutely lovely.

"the water lily pond reflects the bright image of us, hands intertwined like delicate stems, "
    i felt like this tied together the whole piece-wrapping it as a ribbon would do on a gift. brilliant work, truly.

i feel like this piece should be a gift to a lover, it's beautiful!

• A Rose

(I'm whispering right back to say thank you so much for that compliment it's like honestly the best thing anyone has ever told me)

• asta

this feels so serene, you've captured the essence of that painting perfectly! makes me want to lie on soft grass with someone and fall in love....

• mia_:)

Hey! So, can I ask your opinion on something? So, I got into the 4th round of K-9crazy's tournament and want to write an essay because it has to be in a form that we haven't really explored. I was thinking on doing it about how women are portrayed in the media and misconceptions and stuff. Does that sound good? Haha, sorry for this extremely random comment but you're one of my closest WtW friends and I know I can count on you! <3<3<3 *dragon finger dances* mwah!

• A Certain Type of Decisive

Here is is!
    https://soundcloud.com/acoolgecko/a-flower-from-your-lips
    I planned on doing this waaay sooner I just started listening to mbmbam and my mind was just completely gone :( This one was super cool 'cause not only did I have this great poem but also a visual? A Monet? Legendary, the both of you. Hope you enjoy it!

• birthdaycandles

aha! So you CAN write romance! I came from your comment on my piece! This is so magical, colourful and engaging. I especially love the part where you say “(a kiss!)” because it really exposes the speakers inner emotion towards what just happened and it has a certain air of youth and innocence to it which is poignant. The way the first line is connected to the final line by the bridge is really metaphorical for this couple also. Beautiful, beautiful work as per usual :)

• van gogh's girl

WOW. this made me feel like i was falling in love.

• joella

this is amazing!! for some reason, WtW has my peer review stuck in queue, but I love this piece :) can't wait to read more of your writing!

• WhispersOfGray

This is gorgeous, also, water lilies are one of my favourite flowers! Love this piece!

• mia_:)

I love Claude Monet and you captured the essence of his work beautifully! I love the line about peony pink! Great work!