Peer Review by Christian

Dowling

By: Ciera Dowling

While reading the novel "King Leopold's Ghost" my views on more than one thing had slowly altered about certain things that I did not know a lot about previously. I also read as most of the characters were changed by the actions made by Leopold. Every one who was mentioned in this book was changed in one way or another by Leopold, but not a lot of them were changed for the better. Leopold himself is now known for the terrible actions he inflicted upon the Congo and the people inhabiting it, by lying to everyone and making everything seem like it was for a good religious cause when in reality he killed just as many people as Hitler had during the Holocaust. Leopold was someone who only thought about how he could help himself in his life, he didn't worry about the consequences other people had to go through to help him reach his goals.

This essay seems like a large thesis and you should build off this using the book and the passage from Heart of darkness. You just have to work on it outside of class every now and again. Other than that, this essay seems pretty solid with whats there so far.