Doodleninja

pfp is Thinker & Prose from my series "Stereo Tropes Co."!

INFx-T

Full-time doodler
Comic artist
Hardcore Introvert
social anxiety gang
Mexipina
Obsessed with music
Homeschool squad, yeah!

Soli Deo Gloria!

Originally published 4/24/20

Stereo Tropes Co.! The series where story tropes run amuck!
Search up "Stereo Tropes Co." in the search bar to read the rest of the pieces.

(We hit 40 likes on this, oh my gosh. Love all you Tropies <3)
The Tropies:
Writing4Life
PaisleyBlue
Stone of Jade/Tomb of Jade
journal.scribbles/journal.screams
jyotsna.r.n
SavannaC!
outoftheblue
2amGhost
haunted.by.words
Anne Blackwood
Mirkat

Drop a comment below if you would like to be notified whenever a new installment comes out and officially join the gang! :)

He Arrived in an Ice Cube and I'm Freaking Out | Stereo Tropes Co. (1)

44
The phone rang once.
Then twice.
The man in the leather swivel chair, spun around once in his rotating seat before picking the phone up. He swirled around pineapple juice in a wine glass in one hand, while the other put the device up to his ear. 
"You have reached the customer service hotline for Stereo Tropes Co.," the lines left his mouth as easily as a hot knife through butter. He took a sip of the juice. Needed more pineapple. "I'm Thinker, how may I help you today?"
"Um, yes, hi," came the voice on the other end, wobbly and unsure. Must be a first time customer, Thinker mused. "I ordered a Chosen Hero but, um, I think you guys sent me a Frozen Hero."
Thinker propped his legs up on the desk, sending some papers fluttering onto the floor. "Frozen Hero? I don't think we sell that product outside of wintertime."
The customer coughed. "Well, see, the Chosen Hero came in this huge ice block and it's taking my crew a while to get him out. Is that...is that legal?"
Thinker laughed. "Oh, I assure you, it's perfectly...fine. We can't have our Hero spoiled by the time he arrives to you, right? Spoilers are a big no-no in the industry. That's why we freeze them."
"What if he's...you know...dead?!," the customer said over background noise of people's shouts and what sounded like ice picks chipping away.
"Wow, you really are new to this, aren't you?" Thinker smiled at the customer's naïveté. "Chosen Heroes have no expiration date, so he'll be fine."
"Also," the customer continued and Thinker glanced at the clock on his desk. "He looks kind of young. Are you sure there's no sketchy business going on here? Where are his parents?"
This time, Thinker guffawed, throwing his head back. "Parents? Chosen Heroes don't usually have parents. And they're usually young. It's no biggie. Everything is normal."
The customer let out a muted shriek of some sort. "What kind of universe do you live in where this is NORMAL?!"
"The same one you live in, sir." Thinker gulped down the last of his pineapple juice.
"Well what do I do with him once we get him out? Is there an instruction manual or something?" 
Thinker set the glass down. "Yes, it should be titled Prophecy."
"Prophecy?"
"Or Vision, or Ominous Foreboding Premonition, or even Vague Outline of How Someone Could Save the World, but yes, a Prophecy. There it should tell you all the Chosen Hero needs to do."
"Yes, okay," the customer paused for a long while, presumably reading said Prophecy. "Wa--wait, hold on a second! This is so vague! 'Find the octopus who knows the stars' WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?! And what's this about fighting and magic and...and...I don't even know what!"
Thinker moved the phone away from his ear. Gosh, this customer sure was loud. "Calm down, sir, this is standard protocol."
"YOU JUST SENT ME A KID IN AN ICE CUBE! HOW IS HE SUPPOSED TO DO ALL THIS IN THIS SO-CALLED PROPHECY?!"
"They learn quickly. Trust me, you'd be surprised," Thinker looked at the bottom of the wine glass, searching for any remaining drops left. "You show him how to cook eggs once, next thing you know, he's mastered the Art of Omelet."
"The Art of Omelet? What is that?"
"I don't know, but I'm sure he'd be a prodigy at it. They always are," Thinker swung his legs down from the desk. "Are there any other questions, sir? You can always visit our website or email us if something comes up later."
"Well," the customer sighed. "I guess I'll take it one step at a time with this Chosen Hero."
"Trust me," Thinker grinned, pushing up his glasses. "He won't let you down. He can't. He's the Chosen One after all."
The customer grunted. 
"Thanks for doing business with Stereo Tropes Co., and we hope you find everything else okay," Thinker recited. "Goodbye, sir. Best of luck with your product."
He hung up. 
And went to get some more pineapple juice.
So this flash of inspiration hit me. I'm always up for some trope talks :D 

Re-reading this. XD Can I be a tropie?

I shall now proceed to read the other stereo tropes again.

And well: This is a Harry Potter trope, isn't it?

Ah, I just reread this for old times sake... so good. And minty leaf is so right! These would be perfect as graphic novels!!

• madeline3.14159

This is hilarious!!! Can I be notified? I wanna be a tropie!!!!! :D

• dead account

oh my god i need this to be a published graphic novel series nowwwwwwwwwwwww

• dream02

"I dont know but im sure he'd be a prodigy at it." Why is this me?

can i just say this is my 5th time reading this? it just gets better and better... i love this idea so freaking much! haha chosen one and their "Ominous Foreboding Premonition, or even Vague Outline of How Someone Could Save the World" XD i gotta read part 2 now. i am seriously in love with this!!! and the pineapple juice lol! keep writing! <3

• anemoia & lattes (#dreams of autumn)

This is hilarious. Just discovered it and can't wait to read the rest of the series.

I finished my fan-fic! Hope you like it! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/182523/version/368077

• Kit-Kat Sully

Replying to Writing4Life: I have no idea what "trope" means either. Someone help! XD

• G.Joy

wow, this is great! I like the idea you are playing with, but I am intrigued to know which perspective you will be covering, The Chosen One, or Thinker? I would be interested to know what the Thinker gets up to while he goes and gets that Pineapple juice!

• Spiral Dragon

Replying: I’m super excited to see how this plays out! I think it would be really funny if Alex started freaking out, like she looses her usually snarky demeanor.

Hey I have a question, what does trope actually mean? (ik im dumb) I looked it up, but the answer didn't really help lol (btw, would love to hear when more ST come out!)

• RemovedUser1

Replying:
    Yeah, me quoting him would probably go straight to his head XD.
    And, you saying I mastered something, just, amazing. I'm super happy with it:).

• Spiral Dragon

Replying: published! It’s called A Giant Unicorn Appeared and It’s Eating The Jungle

• Spiral Dragon

Replying: Yeah, I think the two-part idea’s good! Can I do Part One?

Omg!! This was hilarious! I loved it! : )

• Spiral Dragon

Replying: Ok! I was thinking something where a Stereo Tropes Co. monster gets loose, and we have a dialog between Alex and Thinker when she calls customer service. Then you could do it from Thinker’s POV or something

• Spiral Dragon

Replying: hi! first, I love this series. I've read the whole thing! Second, wtw is the closest thing I have to social media, lol! So I have a story idea already, i was thinking we could just write this individually?

oh my word I LOVE THIS!! it made me laugh XD

• Spiral Dragon

Hi Doodleninja! So, I was wondering if we could combine Stereo Tropes Co. and Adventures of the Trope-ical Zone. I think both these ideas combined would make a great series! Please comment back if you have an answer, thanks!

Lollllllllll, that's hilarious! Love it so much 0____0

• Spiral Dragon

Haha yes who doesn’t love a good trope

• ElsaRee

amazing!

• Starcatcher

LOL NOW I WANT PINEAPPLE JUICE!

• A Certain Type of Decisive

Lol I accidentally read these in the wrong order, but I love them so much!! I can't wait to read any more you write!

GIRL I LOVE TROPES. THIS IS SUCH A CLEVER WAY TO LOOK AT THEM, I'M IN AWEEEE.

• Currently Unavailable

T-T AMAZING...

• Ruthh

I could read about Stereo Tropes Co. all day this is genius!!

• luluwrites111

replying: lol. also yes it is true. my grandpa is socially awkward and so am I. :)

• luluwrites111

avatar! (the show)

This is freaking awesome XD

• journal.scribbles

This is so great! Please write more of these, I was laughing the whole time and the title is perfect!

• Eblinn

This title is the cherry on top. So creative dead hilarious!

• WhispersOfGray

Oh! Well, "Deadly" is a book I'm writing on Wattpad, my username is BlazeOfSunset (just letting you know). Well, this is the synopsis I'm going to use for the book when I publish it. Also, thanks for the comment ^^

18 year old Mina Wylie and her best friend Ryn White have just moved into a small home by the beach together. What seems like a quiet, quaint and lovely home is actually a living nightmare. Many strange things are going on in the house, leaving Mina and Ryn petrified. A middle-aged man who lives nearby stalks Mina and seems to linger near the house. Throw in Ryn's whiny, selfish ex and you're in for an awesome ride.

Buckle up! There's love, supernatural horror, a murderer and brats... hold on tight, folks!

• WhispersOfGray

This is hilarious. I was laughing so hard. Nice sense of humour, my friend. XD It's well-written too.