mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

It's finally here, folks! The moment you've all been waiting for! Sorry the piece took so long to put together and that it's so long!

70+ Follower Q&A Answers!!! #askthewriter

17
Wow! Thank you all so much for your support! Since I published my original q&a, my follow has doubled! I literally cannot express how grateful I am! I have to say, you guys came up with some really good questions! I'm not sure how I'm going to answer them all, but here it goes! Sorry if this is super long (I tend to ramble on about stuff)! I literally cannot write concisely, which is something I'm working on! It took me a super long time to compile this list, so sorry for those of you who have been waiting on these! *deep breath* 

From Samina:

1. Your favorite YouTube channel. 
I don't really watch YouTube, unless I have something specific that I'm looking for (I love doing diys and looking up craft ideas and watching cute dog and cat videos with my sister and also look up exercise videos).

2. Celebrity Crush
I don't really have one :D

3. Your physical appearance
I have pretty tan skin and long brown hair (it was blonde when I was born, but is getting darker and darker. I get some really cool natural highlights in the summer, though! :D) that's kinda wavy. I have hazel eyes that are usually green, depending on what I'm wearing, (kinda my own personal superpower there!) but after closer examination, they're green and fade to brown closer to my pupil. I have an oval face and my lips are pretty thin.  I don't have glasses or braces (though I'll definitely need those in the future).

4. Where do you stay?
I live in Northern California and love it! I was born in Texas, but am definitely not cut out for that kind of extreme weather!

5. If you had taken one thing with you if you were stranded on an island.
Gosh, I hope that never happens to me, because my survival skills are horrible! If I'm being practical I'd take a kit of some sort to help me survive or a boat to get off the island (I don't think I'd do well living by myself on an island lol.) But seriously, if that ever happens to me under mysterious circumstances, I'm so screwed!

6. What are your pet peeves?
Hmm, I really don't like it when people are mean and I hate it when people make generalizing statements (I admit, I do that sometimes, but I'm really trying not to). Other pet peeves of mine include: touching my stuff without asking (that's for my sister only, I can be a bit of a control freak), the sound of nylon rubbing on itself (for some reason it just gives me the chills!) and people mocking people. Also, from a writing standpoint, quotation and indentation errors kinda bother me. Same with when people don't put spaces after punctuation.

7. BTS or Shawn Mendes
Some of you know that I am a die-hard classic rock fan (my parents love 80's music, my sister is in love with 80's music, so that's what I'm exposed to), so I'm not a fan of either. I don't think I've ever heard BTS's songs (the crowd gasps and throws rotten tomatoes, sorry people!). I also didn't like when they did that April Fool's prank that made people think they had the coronavirus. That just wasn't funny! When I was seven, I was in love with Shawn Mendes's songs and would sing them all the time! So I guess Shawn Mendes, though I don't really listen to him anymore.

8. Fav singer/book/colour /story/favorite writer/fav write the world members/tv show /movie.
Hmmm. Sorry if this is super long! Okay, I'm going to save the WtW members for later, since I know others asked about that too. As for singers, I love 80's music and (you're going to laugh), jazz. I play the tenor saxophone and just love how soulful or how peppy it can be! So, for me, it's hard to pick a favorite singer. I have a bunch of singers who I like one or two of their songs, but that's about it. Here's a list of some that I like: Foreigner, Black Sabbath (that's more hard rock), Queen (if you haven't heard their songs, you must!!!! They are amazing!), the Beatles, and Aerosmith, to name a few. Gosh, that went on longer than I thought it would! New paragraph, I guess.

I simply cannot pick a favorite book!!! That is just cruel!! I love realistic fiction and dystopian, though, and write a lot of those two genres. Highlights include The Hunger Games, Watch Us Rise (great book about powerful girls, spoken word, and activism! All my fav things in one!!!), The Mr. Terupt series, Qualify, Eventown, The Someday Suitcase (be prepared to cry), and Five Feet Apart. Those are just a few of my favorites!

Color, hmm. When I was little, I had a new favorite color every day! Luckily, now I'm more consistent so we don't have a long rambling list like the last two (sorry 'bout that). I love green, since it's the color of life. I also adore yellow of any kind, since it's so bright and fun, but I don't like neon. I love pastel colors (blue, pink) and also love purple!

I love dystopian, realistic, and a touch of romance (but I don't like it when stuff gets too explicit). For more details, check out my answer to fav book!

My favorite authors include Rick Riordan, Suzanne Collins, Jenny Han, Kasie West, and Corey Ann Haydu, but I generally just read books written by people and like the books as they are, not for who the author is.

I love television competitions, especially for crafty and inspiring things. I adore Project Runway because it's so fun to see what the artists come up with; I love seeing their creative talent shine through and it's such an inspiration! I also like watching Disney Channel with my sister (kinda lame, but it never gets old) and I also love World of Dance and The Good Place. I also love Food Network shows, since I like baking (but don't do it very much). 

Gosh, how can I pick a favorite movie? I love Marvel, especially the ones that are somewhat comedic and not all action. I love Disney animated movies and the Princess Bride. I also really love Jumanji and stuff like that (the new one with Dwayne Johnson). I'm also totally spacing right now, since I was up really late, so I'm probably missing most of the best movies ever, but what can ya do?

From Anne Blackwood:

1. Funny/embarrassing thing that's happened to you.
Hmm, this is hard since I am a very accident prone and awkward person :P, but there is one funny story that kinda sticks out for me since I should be in Disneyland right now (the one in LA) if it weren't for COVID-19. So, I was about six and I was standing in line with my mom for the Haunted Mansion ride (it was my first time at Disneyland, I think). I had just gone gluten-free and was upset that I couldn't eat anything there. My mom bought me some rock candy and I was super excited because it was the one thing I could eat! So, I was standing in line with my rock candy and a little boy (he was probably 3) came up and licked my rock candy! THE NERVE!!!! So, yeah. But, honestly, that's not even that noteworthy in the grand scheme of my life; it's just what I came up with off the top of my head lol.

2. Favorite animal
Gosh, you probably saw in my bio that I love animals!! I especially love dogs, though, since they're so sweet and loving and adorable!!! My family fosters dogs and we adopted our fourth foster dog. She's a mixed breed and I love her to death!! <3<3<3

3. Favorite color
See answer above :D

4. If you could live anywhere in the world (disregarding finances), where would you choose?
Oh dear. This is super hard!! I'm a suburb girl at heart and don't think I would do well living in a city long-term, but I think it would be a really fun experience for a year or two!! So, I'm going to say either San Francisco (lots of gluten-free options :D), NYC, or Tokyo (disregarding the coronavirus, of course). But, honestly, if it was long term, I'd stay right where I am!! 

5. The weirdest dream you've had (haha shameless plug for my contest #42dreams)
Gosh, I don't know. I've had some pretty weird dreams! I have to say, though, here's one that really stuck with me. I don't remember all the details, but I was in this brick building that was super tall and I guess it was my school and I was there with my two friends. Then our teacher turned into the Big Bad Wolf (plot-twist right?) and started chasing us and we hid in a closet full of shoeboxes. 

6. What superpower would you choose to have?
I always thought it would be so cool to fly, but after watching Big Hero 6 with my sister, I kinda rethought that. I think it would be super cool to be able to control the elements, like wind, water, earth, and fire (I know that's not really a superpower, but I've had literally soooo many fantasies about that!)

7. If you've taken any psychology personality assessments, what were your results? Examples are the Meyers Briggs (INTJ, EXTP, etc), Holland code (RIASEC), temperament type (melancholic, choleric, etc), and true colors.
Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to take any of these, but hope I get a chance soon! I took a Buzzfeed quiz that told me I was half donut, half cupcake, which I find pretty accurate. Does that count? :D

8. What's your birth order (oldest, youngest, only, etc)?  
I am the oldest out of two. My younger sister is two years younger than me and we're super close, but argue a lot! She's literally the only reason I'm surviving quarantine (other than WtW, of course) :D

9. What does the sky look like right now?
It's such a bright blue that my eyes kind of hurt to look at it, with small wisps of clouds scattered across it. It fades to a bit lighter color at the horizon as the sun continues to rise.

From Bananasaurus:

What's your personality like?
I'd say I have a very bubbly personality and I am very creative, definitely right-brained, although I have a strong logical side too. I am caring and nice and am that person at school who's not the most popular, but has no enemies (I hope) and almost everyone likes. I really value kindness and fair treatment over almost everything else and am a optimist (though I really do have some pessimistic moments!) I'd say I'm outgoing, but also shy and VERY awkward around people I don't know.

Also, what's your favorite hairstyle?
I have pretty long hair, which is fun! I used to wear it in a regular ponytail every day, but now I wear it down or experiment with half-up half-downs some of the time. Or I'll do pigtails but leave a few strands to frame my face. I love french braids, but sadly I can't do them on myself and neither can my mom, so I usually just pull my hair into something quick. 

From sci-Fi:

Whats ur fav book/book series/genre?
See above!

What state do u live in?
​I'll say it again, since it's short. California girl!!

Which fantasy world would u like to live in?
Umm, all of them? I'd probably pick Harry Potter, maybe the Land of Stories. No, wait. Definitely in the Keeper of the Lost Cities!!! That sounds amazing! If y'all haven't read that, do so!! Just imagine it! Such an idyllic, amazing life (excluding all the bad stuff, lol don't want to spoil anything)

Which character from any book do u relate to most?
Probably Hermione Granger. I've always been pretty smart and identify with her a lot. I love how caring she is and how she's a go-getter!!! Though, like her, I have an intense fear of getting in trouble! Hope I get over it, like she eventually does!

Who's ur celebrity crush?
See above!

Who's your character crush?
Hmm, I don't know. I've always liked Peeta Mellark's personality from the Hunger Games; he's really kind. I also like Prince Maxon from the Selection, but it's hard to picture both of them. So, that's the verdict (but it's based on personality!) And those are the two books that I literally have in my brain now (I'm not good at mentally sorting through all the characters I've ever read about)

From poetri:

1. Is Mia your real name or just a pen name?
Mia is my real name, since I wasn't feeling that creative in the username department lol :P. So, yes, that's me!

2. Favorite song?
How can I pick? Most of my favorite songs are on my Good Vibes Playlist, but they're all 80s songs. I love Don't Stop Me Now by Queen because it's so positive and never fails to cheer me up! I also love Wannabe, by the Spice Girls, and What I Like About You by the Romantics because they always get me moving and singing along! I was in such a bad mood this morning, so I turned on What I Like About You and within three seconds I had forgotten what I was upset about!

3. Favorite animal?
See above! *cough cough dog cough*

4. If you could live in any other decade which would you choose?
Hmm. I don't know. I like how the 70s were such a good place for activists, but it was bad because they had a lot of things to protest (does that make any sense?) I also like 80's music, so maybe that (but I do not like the fashion and I know I am wayyyy overthinking this :P). Honestly, probably this decade, or maybe the previous one (2010's, before the coronavirus).

5. Must have article of clothing?
T-shirts are like all I wear. I used to hate jeans with every fiber of my being, but now I like them. Also, I got these really cute converse for my birthday and they were my first pair and I love them! I'm not super fashion forward, but I do like to look decent.

6. Most overrated trend?
Someone might totally hate me now, but I'd say Pokemon Go. So many people probably got hurt not watching where they were going! Also, my fifth grade teacher was obsessed and he would brag to us when we came in from recess about how he caught a Charmander in the trash can!

7. Most underrated trend?
This took some thinking since I'm not the most into trends, but I love pastel colors! They're so pretty and are kinda a trend right now, I guess. 

8. Where else can we find you on social media?
I don't have any other social media, unfortunately, and if I did, my parents wouldn't let me give away my info. Sorry! 

From Vinter Vejen:

Favorite sport?

I love soccer, basketball, and volleyball (I play all three, but not competitively), but I also enjoy rock climbing and skiing. I come from a pretty outdoorsy family, so we've had a lot of exposure with the outdoors! I want to join a climbing team, but those are super expensive and I'm not that good, lol. Still, I think it would be a super unique experience!

Favorite Food?
I kinda love food in general, lol. Being gluten-free, eating out is kind of hard for me, so I love home cooking. I loooove pizza, sushi, and ceviche, to name a few. My favorite snack is either trail mix (haha, my way of putting a lot of my favorite foods into one category) or apples and peanut butter (it sounds weird, but it is literally culinary heaven!) I also love all kinds of desserts, especially homemade rice krispie treats (my sister puts these toffee bits in hers and it's SO GOOD!) or hot chocolate or some baked good, especially mochi waffles. You will never be the same if you eat those. And now I'm rambling, lol.

Dream holiday?
I'm Jewish, so my favorite holiday is either Hanukkah or Halloween, or maybe the Fourth of July (independence day) since I love how festive and fun it is. My dream holiday, though, I'm not sure about that. It should be one that just celebrates peace and joy, since we need more of that!

Dream country to visit?
Oh, wow. This is tough. My dad traveled the world after college and he has so many amazing stories, so I'd love to do the same. I was supposed to fulfill my bucket list item of going to Japan this spring break, but that didn't happen because of the virus. Okay, here's a condensed list of where I want to travel to: Italy, Japan, The Netherlands, Canada (I actually just had a dream that I was in Canada, but I have no idea why), Indonesia, Singapore, France, and Spain, to name a few. Yeah, I'm ambitious. 

Pineapple on pizza or not?
Okay, this is a highly controversial topic here. I personally don't mind pineapple on pizza, but I don't LOVE it. Every once in a while, it's nice for something different, though.

From OpalDove:

What are your views on LGBTQ+ stuff and/or are you part of it?

I strongly believe that everyone needs to respect each other, regardless of their sexuality or gender. People should definitely have a choice when it comes to stuff like that! I don't know for sure if I'm a part of it or not, since I'm only 13. My mom said that we are just exposed to stuff like this more as a part of this generation, so sometimes it's harder to know, whereas when she was growing up, no one talked about it. I'm glad our generation is finally making (some) progress!

From V-Rose:

Do you have any siblings?

Yes, I have an eleven-year old sister. She's totally crazy, but she's keeping me grounded during quarantine!

What is your favorite hobby?
You mean other than writing? I play the flute and the tenor saxophone and also love to read and play board games. I'm also a big crafter and literally go crazy if I'm not doing something with my hands (I've been crocheting during my Zoom classes, and my hands were actually twitching when I ran out of yarn! Thank goodness I have more! Lol, I'm weird). I also enjoy exercise. However, right now writing is definitely my favorite hobby. I have two novels going that I'm actively working on, and WtW has literally saved me from eternal writer's block, plus I've found my love for poetry!

Shopping for clothes or books?
I love Target for clothes, and Nordstrom, but their stuff tends to be on the expensive side. I also love the Rack and Garage. For books, Amazon and Barnes & Noble are the best bet, but I usually try to get the books at the library first (though I'm on the 13 week long wait list for PS I still love you and might just cave and buy it to be honest).

Do you have pets?
Yep! I have a dog named Zoe and she is the cutest, sweetest ever (but maybe I'm just a bit biased lol)! Our family is also long-term pet-sitting for our cousins who are overseas in Japan and are watching their dogs Lyla and Mochi. Our family also fosters dogs, which is how we got Zoe in the first place (we just couldn't give her up!)

Sleep in late or up at dawn?
The latest I've ever slept in is 9:30, so I'd say up at dawn, since I was used to getting up at 6:30 every morning to get to school for band rehearsal before the sun was even up. Now, though, I don't have to get up until 8 and class doesn't start until 9, so I'm getting spoiled. Still, though, I rarely sleep past 7:30.

From amazing grace:

What is your favorite sport?
See above! :)

Where do you love to write?
I'll write anywhere (getting school-issued laptop was the best thing ever, because it meant I wasn't confined to the family desktop anymore!), but I especially love curling up with a blanket on this fluffy chair that I have in the corner of my room. It's really cozy, since I have these little fake succulents hanging above it and I used to have string lights, until my sister accidentally cut them (but that's another tragic story)

Which do you prefer star wars or star trek?
I can't say I've ever been into Star Trek, but my dad is kind of geeky and got me and my sister into Star Wars at an early age. Now, I'm not so into it (I didn't really like Disney's takes on the plotline), but still remember a whole lot of useless trivia. I think it's really cool how George Lucas wove such a complex universe! My dad still makes me watch Clone Wars with him (I needed help fixing the needle on my sewing machine and he refused until I sat through an episode). I like it, but don't really watch Star Wars anymore. Still, better than Star Trek, which I don't really know a lot about (sorry!)

Harry potter, yes or no?
Gigantinormous (if you combine gigantic and enormous, which should totally be a word) yes! I love the storyline and admire JK Rowling so much in terms of character development. You knew everyone's motives at almost every given point! I love the whole magic thing and love how she has humor sprinkled in. The movies are okay, but the books rock! 

Favorite genre to write and read?
See above for the reading! I used to love writing fantasy, but I don't do a whole lot of that anymore. I like realistic fiction and poetry best, but I've recently started a dystopian novel (purely experimental and took a ton of plot arcs to figure out)! I've really developed my poetry since I joined WtW and love how it doesn't take a lot of time to draft and how you can put in so much beautiful language and emotion. I also love revising my poetry!

Favorite author?
See above! :D

From rosemarywisdom:

what type of coffee is your favorite/do you drink a lot of?
I don't drink coffee. I've never had Starbucks (everyone gasps) because I'm strictly gluten-free. I was this close to scoring my first trip to Dutch Bros when quarantine happened, so no coffee for me! I love hot chocolate, though (my mom found this flavored mix and we have salted caramel and peppermint!) and tea. I drink lots of herbal tea and decaf earl grey, but my mom has been making peach sun tea since it's getting hot (you basically just let the sun brew the tea!)

what is your favorite gemstone?
This is hard! I totally didn't just look up 'gemstones and their meanings' (okay fine, you caught me). Apparently, blue calcite symbolizes peace and low stress, so I could really use some of that since I overthink everything! I also like what garnet's symbolize (self-esteem and eternal love). I also love emeralds (they're just so pretty!) and amethysts, since you gotta love anything purple! However, my birthstone, turquoise, is really pretty and is associated with basically every good thing ever (success, love, friendship, easing mental tension, healing, courage, luck, etc.) So, yeah. Good thing I'm not an alchemist :P

who would play you in the movie of your life?
Gosh, I don't know. I don't know a whole lot of actors. Maybe Emma Watson? Honestly, I don't think anyone could play me except for me (I'm really pro-individuality and all that). Just realized that sounded really stuck-up! Sorry! I promise I'm not stuck-up!

favorite car brand?
I don't know. I haven't put a lot of thought into the kind of car I want to drive, but I'd rather have something practical than something fancy. I don't want the pressure of owning a super expensive car (not to mention, how would I get a super expensive car in the first place?). So, yeah, I haven't put a whole lot of thought into stuff like this. It would be great to have an electric car (climate change!), but I'm not sure.

more to the point, do you prefer cars or motorcycles?
Definitely cars. I'm not what you would call the "live on the edge" type. Plus, my dad is a doctor, so he's reminded me that motorcycles = danger (even though he rode one as a kid, but he almost died so that makes sense). I'd much rather cruise around in a car!

what's your favorite song (since you mentioned you like 80s music)?
Oh, goodness. There's a LOOOONG list of my favorite songs (I had a seven hour playlist, but I finally whittled it down to 2 hours 30 minutes :D), but they include Dream On (Aerosmith), Abacab (Genesis), Cold as Ice (Foreigner), and Don't Stop Me Now (Queen, I love basically all their music, though some of it is really over-played). My favorite Beatles song is probably Hey Jude, but there are like 200 to choose from. I'll spare you from the rest of my playlist, but I like upbeat songs that get me moving in my seat as I do stuff! Also, on an unrelated note, my dad is obsessed with this band called Greta van Fleet. If you like Led Zeppelin, listen to their music!

what's your favorite band? (and do you like fleetwood mac? if so, favorite album of theirs?)
Again, super long list, so I'm going to spare you all. It's probably Queen (I hate picking favorites, I'm a very indecisive person, so this is a huge breakthrough for me!) because of their wide variety of songs. As for Fleetwood Mac, I like their music, but am not what I would call a superfan. I've only heard three of their songs, that I know of (the chain, dreams, and don't stop), so I don't really know. Sorry!

say you were getting your at-home quarantine dye job (something i have experience in), what color would you dye your hair?
Well, my mom is kinda anti me dying my hair, but I kind of want to do it. If I were to dye my hair, I would probably do the ends purple, probably. Maybe she'll let me dye the ends soon (I figure now would be a good time since no one's going to see me, but, you know, rules and all that)

if you could come up with a nail-polish shade to aptly describe your life, what would the name of it be?
Wow, this is hard! It would definitely be pastel yellow (since I consider myself to be an optimist and positive, but sometimes that gets kinda muted lol) and I have no idea what it would be named. Sunflower delight? I want to honor nature too, so probably that, even though sunflowers aren't pastel yellow. Thank goodness I'm not in the nail polish business!

if you had a pseudonym to put on a book you published that wasn't your own name, what would it be?
Wow, I honestly have no idea. I love so many names (honestly, I like naming my characters a little too much) and would love any of them in a pseudonym! I also love my middle name (Shea), so I might use that? I don't know, I haven't really thought about that a lot :)

From Raquel:

What is your favorite book?

See above! :D

Favorite flower?
I love flowers in general, but I especially love tulips, carnations, roses, and wisteria (see my poem on it for more info!). However, I love the word hyacinth (it's one of my favorite words and I love what the flower symbolizes!) Overall, this is a very hard question for me to answer, since I love flowers SO FREAKING MUCH!!! <3 :D 

Favorite person in the whole world?
Wow, how can I pick? I love lots of people so much, but my mom understands me more than anyone I know! I'm super close to her and she's amazing. I also love my friends and family so much!

Dream house?
Gosh, I don't know! I love my friend's house because it's really cozy and decorated with lots of bohemian stuff that makes me feel really at home! I also have always wanted a porch swing (though they don't seem very comfortable, so I'd actually rather have a hammock) and I'd want it in a suburban neighborhood. Not a gated community or complex or anything. I adore my neighborhood now and love my house; I can't really imagine living anywhere else, but lucky for me, I don't have to for a long time!

Dream life?
Well, I'm not 100% sure what this question is asking, but I'll try my best! When I grow up, I either want to be a writer, a teacher (or maybe both?) or a doctor (not a surgeon, but I want to help people!) I want to go to college in California because it's in-state for me and I want to continue to play music. Not sure what else I want, but it'll be an adventure, that's for sure! Oh, also I want lots of dogs!

Hunger Games or Harry Potter?
Oh, wow. Whyyyy? I love both of these books! As of right now, however, I'm going to go with Hunger Games because I love how strong Katniss is (female protagonist) and I've read Harry Potter more times than I can count, so maybe it's time to move on? No, that's impossible. Both are just too good!

Least favorite book?
Wow, I don't know. I don't know about my least favorite book EVER, but my least favorite book that I've had to read for school is The Invention of Hugo Cabret. Now, don't get me wrong, it's a decent book (I don't particularly love it, but it's okay), but I had already read it and it was so boring to read again! Sorry for all those Brian Selznick fans; I think he's a great author, but don't love his books (does that make sense?)

Least favorite person in the world?
Though there are some people who I don't care for, I'm not going to get into that. There are some famous people and historical figures who I definitely hate, but I don't want anyone to come after me, so I'm not going to say :)

From Princess Maira:

Favorite composer?

Hmm. I love music and know some classical composers, but am kinda lost when it comes to music theory (I tend to zone out and daydream). I like Mozart and there are a lot of cool composers with arrangements that our concert band has played. I also love John Williams (he did lots of movies including Star Wars) because a movie is nowhere near as good without the soundtrack! It's what creates the mood, the suspense.

Favorite poet?
Hmm. This might shock some people, but I don't read a whole lot of official poetry! If I do, I love the piece for what it is, instead of the author. Wtw is basically my outlet for poems and stuff like that. Feeling really uncultured here :P

Favorite animal?
See above! :)

Weirdest dream you've ever had?
I'll share another, because why not? So, I was in this play and was playing Maleficent, but I had forgotten all my lines, my shoes, and the fact that I was in the play at all (theater kid anxiety?). Then my whole family was suddenly in a candy store and I have no idea if it was still the same dream, but I guess my subconscious is all over the place!

Favorite constellation?
Hmm. I'm a Capricorn, but don't really care for the constellation. I like Orion and Hercules (it kinda looks like a headless caveman running with a stick, which always gives me a good laugh) and Cassiopeia because it kinda looks like an M, for Mia and all that :)

Favorite natural habitat? (e.g. forests, fields, etc.)
This is so hard! I love nature of all sorts and often daydream about being in fields of wildflowers (kind of a recurring thing in my poems too), but fields kinda creep me out in real life! I love mountains, forests, and lakes (usually they're in close proximity, so yay!). I have a serious fear of sharks, so I don't love the ocean, but it is beautiful! The most beautiful place I've ever been was Park City, Utah. We went on this hike in the mountains and it wove through this aspen forest (check) in the mountains (check), and the path was lined with these beautiful flowers (check) and it was the prettiest thing ever! Oh, and the hike ended at a beautiful lake (check). And then there was lightning and it started pouring and we had to run back the way we came while eating gummy worms, but that's another story.

From Dmoral13:

Where do you see yourself in five years?

Oh, gosh. Alive, healthy, happy, I hope! I'm not a huge planner, but I'll be wrapping up my senior year and I hope I get into some good colleges! I see myself making good grades and probably spending more time writing and playing music than I should. I'm not a person who has things planned down to the minute, so I really have no idea what comes next. Oh, and hopefully I'll be able to drive so my friend and I can go to San Francisco and eat mochi waffles together (something that's been on our bucket list for a while).

Can you make any cool anagrams with your user or actual name?
In short, no. The woes of having a three letter name! Aim, I guess? My initials are MSG, though, and that kind of makes me cringe (monosodium glutamate, as Google tells me). :P

What's your favorite zoo animal?
Well, I feel kind of sad for zoo animals that are there just because, as opposed to being rehabilitated (which is amazing). I haven't been to the zoo in ages, but I love feeding the giraffes and seeing the monkeys climb all over stuff. I also love baby elephants and tigers.

If you had a warning label, what would it say?
Warning: Subject to Spontaneous Outbursts of Song and Dance (totally didn't steal that one off a water bottle sticker . . . okay, fine, I did. But it applies so well to me! I am also prone to changing the subject to the most random things ever. Here's something to think about: If golf is a sport, is a golf cart a sports car?)

Currently binge-ing any shows/movie series?
I was binge-ing The Good Place, but the fourth season isn't on Netflix, so I can't finish it, which is much sad. Now I'm watching The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and it's okay. 

What is your favorite family holiday tradition?
I love the Fourth of July because my family and our close friends all gather out in one of our driveways and light those little firework thingies. It's so fun! Thanksgiving has good food, so that's in. I'm Jewish and also love Hanukkah and Rosh Hashanah. Like most of my friends, I do not like Yom Kippur, but I do love going to Nilah (it's a ceremony where we all go to the synagogue and turn out the lights and all the kids get a glow stick) and coming back to my house for Break the Fast, which my family hosts every year (again, lots of fun and good food!)

And of course, what are some fellow WTWers who you admire?
Wow! I admire all of you guys and you inspire me to write every day! Anne Blackwood inspires me every day both with her STELLAR work and her kindness! Same with WhiteMountains: she's such a good friend to me and her work is *head explodes*. Just_A_Memory has been such a good friend to me and her short stories are so creative! I love sunny.v's work and how sweet she is! crow_e's pieces always hit hard and are so beautiful! Dmoral13 is such an inspiration to me as well, because I love the style she writes in and how effortlessly she evokes emotion. Tushar Mandhan is always so kind and supportive and has the most amazing poems, including scientific poetry! agustdv is a prose QUEEN and I look up to her so much! elliemccull and Elsa Ree have always been so kind and supportive of me and they've got some awesome work too! And of course, abi'spov (WE MISS YOU!) and poetri! Also, chrystanthemums&ink and efflorescence have some amazing pieces too! Sorry, I'm trying to squeeze in everyone, so this might be long since you all deserve so much recognition! If I didn't mention you here, I still admire you and value your work and friendship so much! Much love to you all! Thanks for making this community as amazing as it is! <3<3 

If you had to describe yourself as an animal, which one would it be?
Probably a dolphin. I would consider myself smart and dolphins are too! Also, I'm pretty social, but feel okay on my own too. I also like to talk a lot and am musical, hence the dolphin noises you probably hear coming out of your computer right now :P I would also say I'm maybe a dog since I'm loyal and very kind and caring (I hope!)

What is one thing you will never do again?
This is kinda funny, especially if you like funny quarantine stories! So, my sister and I were bored, so we colored our dogs with hair chalk (everyone gasps) and they were so cute and rainbow! My mom didn't know, so it was quite a shock for her! The bad part was that I had to spend the rest of my afternoon (two and a half hours, at least) bathing the dogs behind our house and fighting with my sister while almost having a panic attack because it was claustrophobic and I kept getting mosquito bites (I have one right in the middle of my forehead). I am not overly scared of bugs or claustrophobic, but the whole situation kinda sucked. So a word of advice: though coloring your dogs sounds like a good idea, think it through first!

If you had a family of books, what books would be in your family?
Well, I don't know about in my family, but if I were a book, I would be Watch Us Rise by Ellen Hagan and Renee Watson (activism, strong female protagonists, alternating perspectives, and SLAM POETRY! What more could anyone ask for?) I don't know who else. I'm going to assume that I am distantly related to all books! However, my kindle collection of favorite books has 141 books and counting, so those are probably my cousins!

What do you think makes a good story?
A good story stays with you long after you read the final word. It makes you feel what the author wants, even if they are foreign emotions. A good piece should open your eyes and draw you in (teleportation, pretty much). It varies by genre, but emotion, plot, relatable and flawed characters (how will they grow and how will the readers connect with them if they're perfect?), and impact are all important for short stories and novels. Poetry and prose is different, but the emotion is just as important, if not more so! I could go on for hours, so if anyone has any specific questions or wants advice, I would be more than happy to give some to you!

From Charisse Marison:

1) Favorite band/ group?

See above :)

2) Favorite song?
Also see above! I could go on and on, but this piece is long enough as it is!

3) If a genie could grant you 3 wishes, what would they be and why?
Hmm. World peace because we would be stronger united than if all the countries keep fighting all the time, a cure for disease (including COVID-19 and celiac disease, which is an auto-immune disease I have, and of course cancer) because diseases suck and there is literally no good aspect of them, and to solve climate change and overpopulation (for me they go hand in hand because overpopulation wouldn't really be an issue without climate change and industrialization) because we're literally poisoning our earth and we should stop, but there's no easy answer to just end it.

4) Who is/are your idol(s) (dead or alive)?
Hmm. I look up to my mom so much and you all inspire me so much writing-wise! Malala Yousafzai is one of my idols because she stands up for what she believes in no matter what and is such a strong female role model! Plus, she proved that even kids can make a difference!

5) One thing you could never live without?
Food, water, the basics. But I could never live without my creative outlets or my family and friends! They're literally the only thing keeping me sane in quarantine!

From Fabiana250:
If you could have dinner with three people (dead or alive), who would they be and why?

Let's see. Ellen DeGeneres and Jimmy Fallon because they both seem so nice and funny and who wouldn't want to have dinner with them? Also, Rick Riordan because I love Percy Jackson and am so inspired by how he weaves humor into his books, which is something that I struggle with.

What do you want to study?
Well, I'm only in 7th grade (technically 8th now since I just graduated), so I still have lots of time to think about it, but my dream is to be a bestselling author, but I don't want that as a full-time job. I either want to be a teacher or some kind of doctor as of right now, but I still have tons of time to figure out the details!

If you could choose any place to live in, which place would it be? (city or country)
See above! :)

From MuslimQueen106:

Why do you write?

I write to give others a glimpse into my life and to (hopefully) brighten up their day! I also have so many thoughts swirling inside my brain that I think my head would explode without writing! Although, most of my daydreams are writing ideas anyway . . . I also write because it's fun and it makes me feel like my voice is heard, which is something that lots of people crave (I'm sooo not the attention seeking type, being an ambivert, but I still want to make a difference and it's hard to feel like what i have to say is important. Writing helps me with that!) Also, instant entertainment for hours!

What is your favorite book & author?
See above!

If you could live in a different time/era, when and where would it be? Or, do you like the time and place you live in now?
I like the present, but with all this virus stuff, I would say maybe a year ago! But I am perfectly content with where I am now!

From van gogh's girl:
Who are your favorite poets??? Your work is bangin, so I'm just curious!

Wow, that's so sweet! I'm glad you like my work! I already answered this question, so see above!

From elliemccull:
If you could have any superpower that ALSO has a drawback, (e.g. you could fly but only up to six metres or you could control water but only saltwater), what would it be?

Hmm. The drawback thing is hard! I would say that I could shapeshift into anything, but only for 30 minutes at a time (then it would be another 30 before I could do it again). It's kinda random, I know *shrugs*

What is a common object, concept, or thing that you find really weird?
I don't really know? Haha, sorry! Literally no clue on this one after mulling it over for a while!

If you could be any celebrity for a day, who would you be and why/what would you do?  
I don't really know about who I would be specifically, but I always thought it would be super fun to act on a TV show. Like, the community and the humor and the drama  . . . it all seems so fun (but exhausting too!)

From Madeline Harper:

What got you into writing?

We used to have to do creative writing and I guess maybe then? I've always been good at English and only recently started writing more poetry stuff. 

Which instruments do you play (it says musician in ur bio)?
So, I sing a little bit (technically that's an instrument, right?) and I also play the flute and the tenor saxophone (though I have played alto and could probably figure out the others since the fingerings are the same) and piano. I'm in a garage band through my school and I played keyboard there. I'm trying to learn guitar too, but so far it isn't going to well . . . how do you guitarists do it?!

What’s your favourite food?
See above! :D

What’s your dream job/career?
See above! :D

Do you want tattoos/piercings when you’re older?
Well, it's technically against my religion to get tattoos, so no on that. I might get a second ear piercing, though.

From Tushar Mandhan:

If you were a product, what would your tagline be?

I kind of already answered this one with the warning label (which I totally didn't steal off a water bottle sticker :D). I think that would also be my tagline! So, see above!

If you could be any person around the globe and time, who you would be?
Not really sure, but if I could play any TV character, I would want to be Eleanor Shellstrop from The Good Place (it seems fun!), so maybe Kristen Bell? She also has a great voice! 

A piece of yours that you are proud of?
I'm proud of most of my pieces (and if I'm not, all the love from the community quickly changes my mind!) I would love for you all to go and check out some of my pieces and tell me what you think! Some of my favorites are the science of caving in, crease, sculpt, shape, i will survive, mortal divinity, lemon drop summers & chocolate streaked skies, and gossamer dreams.  I'd love to know your thoughts on them! :D

A literary work that changed you as an artist?
All of you are constantly influencing my work with your fabulous pieces, but a published book that really influenced me as an artist is probably The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It's a great book set in WWII and has some of the most stunning imagery and descriptions I've ever read! Also, there's some really good sarcasm and funny moments and those good tear-jerker scenes! A few of my pieces have already been inspired by this book and I'm sure there are more to come!

Earwax flavoured candy or candy flavoured earwax?
Hmm. Neither sound particularly appetizing to me, but I'd probably go with candy flavored earwax? Unless it's someone else's earwax . . . then that's another story.

Typewriter or laptop?
Laptop! All the carriage return things are way to fancy for me and having a backspace feature is key! 

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
See above!

Also describe your dream house.
See above!

A fictional universe created by any writer that you would like to visit.
See above!

A cliche that you like
Better safe than sorry. I am a very cautious person and very much a rule follower, so this is basically tattooed on my brain! I honestly wish I was more of a risk taker (I am very outgoing, but worry a lot and hate getting in trouble), which is something that I try to pursue by putting my writing out there!

Ice cream in winter or soup in summer?
Why can't I eat both year-round? :P :D

A weird food combination that you love.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as weird, but if you want to change your culinary standards forever, eat a mochi waffle. Ice cream + waffle + whatever else you want! How could this go wrong? If anyone is ever in San Francisco, there is this really good place that serves them (and EVERYTHING is gluten-free which makes me super happy! And for those of you who are like 'eww, gluten-free', it's actually delicious! Trust me!)

What are your thoughts on love?
I am by no means a hopeless romantic, but lots of my work is inspired by the concept of love. I've never been in love (my poems are usually not based on reality), but it seems wonderful and I do love a good romance novel (but not the trashy ones). 

Mountains or beaches?​
I love both, but I'd have to go with mountains. I love skiing and the snow and also love hiking in the summer and spring (see above for more on that!)  

From whitemountains:

something you like about yourself?

I love my tendency to put others first and my sense of self and being unique. I also love that I have a really fun, bubbly spirit! And I'm proud of my writing too!

if your life was a book, what would the title be?
"Writing, Apples and Peanut Butter, and a Monotonous, yet Dramatic Life" (not actually, but that's all I could think of on the spot)

a piece by another write on WtW that you identify with/ hit home (and why)?
Honestly, too many to count, but if I had to pick one, it would be head | space by crow_e. I just really understand the whole insecurities thing and I loved everything about this piece, from how it was broken up to the really unique way that it was executed! I've never read anything like it and totally relate (and I think everyone will be able to in their own way). :D

a misconception people have about you
I've been told that people think I'm intimidating and stuck-up, but I promise that I'm sometimes just shy around people I don't know! I really open up around my friends, but have a hard time breaking into set friend groups. I'm really hard on myself, so kind of the opposite of stuck-up, though I do have good self confidence. 

From sunny.v:

1) favorite wtw-ers?

See above! It's a really long list, but of course you made it! <3

2) favorite things to read in pieces?
Emotion is #1 for me, but a good flow and visual appeal is important too. I also love reading pieces with words that are so beautiful and expand my vocab! I've learned lots of new words on this site and love using them in pieces of my own!

3) how tall are you?
I am about 5'3", but that's just an estimate since the doctors always tell me something different (once I even "shrunk" an inch in the span of a week)

4) how good at baking are you? can you MAKE donuts?
I've never made donuts before (*hands you tissue before you start crying*), but I do have a book with some donut recipes! I like to think that I'm a good baker, but I'm mediocre. My sister bakes a lot more than me since she's younger and has less responsibilities (and I love eating her creations!)

5) how are you so adorable? <3
Aww, you're so sweet! Thank you!! <3<3 *finger dances*

Wow! I'm sorry that was so long, but hopefully you all know me a bit better now! :D Let me know what you thought in the comments! Did anything surprise you? Do you particularly relate to anything? I love hearing what you all have to say and maybe we can find some common ground!! <3 I am so grateful to all of you for your support!!!! <3<3<3 ilysm!
~ mia :)

• Spade

Two things I understand completely: a crazy younger sister who loves cooking/baking and that's two years younger; fighting with her.

• Dmoral

"A good story stays with you long after you read the final word."
    Damnnn, you hit that one hard. I absolutely agree with this wholeheartedly!! Hopefully, some of my stories did this to you!
    Also, I agree & love those writers you mentioned for those you admire---and thanks for the love! <3. You're simply the sweetest and I adore your positive personality.

P.S
    I miss you too!!

• Tushar Mandhan

That was fun! I'm getting this feeling that my q n a was very boring :P XD

• The Moving Finger Writes

*cheers* hello fellow Queen fan!

• joella

I was waiting for my q&a answer notif! okay, first of all, I'm so touched that I made your list :)) ily too!! also, did I start the whole donut thing with that one piece? can I take credit for that anyways? ;) I loved getting to know you better and congrats on 140+!!

• rosemarywisdom

i loved your answers! super creative and you seem like such a cool person! i bet we'd be friends irl :)

oh mia! aw i’m so touched that u asked for my advice! an essay on that sounds so intriguing! i must admit that i don’t read many essays on here, so if you did one on that topic (which is so interesting to me), it’d be very refreshing! i’m curious on what misconceptions you’ll write about :O (if it’s a spoiler then that’s alright heh i’ll just wait!) feel free to ask me anything else if you need!!! mwah

• Cheshire Cat

Replying: Those were the comments that I wasn't looking for. That was not their piece it was mine my own idea and I am sick and tired of people telling me to give credit to a person I don't need to give credit to. I don't like saying sorry for something I didn't do and most of all I hate having people telling me that I am not good enough and almost everyone has told me that. I am not good enough to know secrets and not good enough to write a piece of my own and someone not telling me that its plagiarism. I don't know why I even do anything anymore. I get only bad things out of it. Like that piece I wrote was to get someone to stand up for me but all I got were comments saying someone else should get my spotlight because I am not GOOD ENOUGH.

Replying: Good luck and have fun! (Instruments don't agree with me lol)

Replying: I know, it's crazy how much your personal style has developed and improved in the short time since you've joined the site.

congrats on your follower count! i'm afraid i missed the chance to submit any questions but you seem like a really cool person :)

Replying: Your welcome for the recs! If you're looking for a non-coffee drink that's hot, they have awesome hot cocoa. I've had their raspberry white chocolate and their mint (idk their fancy names). For a milder frost/rebel/whatever else they have it in, the fire lizard is a nice one.
    As for the Game Parlour, I'll just be really good about my sensitivities for like a week before and after having it, because gluten is the worst one for me.

Thanks for answering! Huh, seems like I'm not the only 80's fan around here.

Um... based on your physical description, you look EXACTLY like someone I know!! My brother and I have just started watching Project Runway. We're about 3 episodes into the season with teams. My whole fam is OBSESSED with World of Dance, and we love Food Network game shows and THE PRINCESS BRIDE. I am so jealous that you foster dogs! I don't have one. We recently got 2 Dutch Bros in our area (so proud my tinier town got it first!), and frosts are the best! I love their rebels, too. Dinosaur Egg is the best rebel I've had, while I'm obsessed with the pink flamingo frost. Aw, thanks for the shoutout. Oh my GOSH, I always forget how much younger you are than me! You're so mature for your age (Idc that that makes me sound 40). PLEASE tell me the name of the gf mochi waffle place for the next time I go to SF (which isn't often, but still).
    Yeah, this is probably the longest comment in the history of comments, but your post was hecka long XD.

oh wait, also, both you AND anne are in Northern California :O! that’s so cool! lucky you guys. jo and i are at least in the same time zone, but still different states *grumbles*. and chrys is in a diff time zone from me altogether! oh, why!! distance...T^T

hehe thank you for the tissue, i nearly sobbed that you hadn’t made donuts before. YOU’RE 5’3?? SO YOU’RE *TALLER* THAN ME. grrr i’m barely pushing 5’2. *sniffles* wow, i was surprised to hear that you’re not a shawn mendes fan! just because his music kinda seems like a mia sort of vibe, am i making sense? like it’s very chill but upbeat! interesting, interesting. the 80s rock is interesting, too! bts did a coronavirus prank? i don’t think i heard about that hmm maybe you’re thinking of someone else? and awwwww you gave me a shoutout *sniffles again* you sound like such an interesting person! this really gave me a nice picture of you. irl, i’m a big introvert and i’m very shy, but you described yourself so brightly that i’m positive i could be less shy around you! ^-^ <3 thanks for always breakdancing with me teehee

I love Queen too! And mochi waffles sound AMAZING. As a fellow diehard Queen fan, i have to ask- What are your thoughts on Adam Lambert? And what's your favourite album by them?

• poetri

I mean, you were already one of my wtw besties but this proves for sure we'd probably be irl besties too! We're very alike lol and you sound like such a fun, easy person to be around :)
    Congrats on 70, you deserve it. Can't wait to see you reach more.