And_The_Stars_Laughed

"half of me is ocean. half of me is sky."

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

and not even words are enough to fill your vast existence

15

your hands are too big for this
world.
your fingertips are too deafening to tiptoe cross the
universe.
your head is too jam-packed with words to thrum with silence, too screech to a halt and steep in the stardust that clots the corners of your lips -- too bright to be tarnished by a 
metaphor.

its funny how the onyx pinpricks in your pupils glow fuchsia when you laugh, rose-speckled cheeks cocked back so that the legs of your chair graze the 
parquet --
sun's broken rays drawn to the crook of your
nose.

you said they told you there is no place on this earth for your
spiraled being.
no place for your sand-sprayed hair, crimson-dusted cheeks,
head laced with fragments of
letters, of 
paint.
you said they told you your existence is a mere
speck and that
you 
aren't
good
enough.

but they did not lacerate the pores of your soul out of
anger,
they did not shake their perfect curls out of
hate, 
but rather they frowned at a sensation
that tore an incision in their slow-resting
hearts and spilled words onto the 
sidewalk --

envy.

for you are 
good
enough
and the universe will never stretch longer than your
laugh, wider than the sunbeams that soak your soul,
the starlight that crusts your eyes.

and one day you will tumble words onto paper and 
pour staccato bursts of 
paint onto your 
page.

it's only a matter of
                                                time.

Oh my gosh, I just came back to this because I found it in my bookmarks, and I'm every bit as speechless and breathless as before. This is astonishing.

oh dear. if it's possible to have an infatuation/crush on one's writing style, I would believe I have one on yours. the way you describe this person is tear jerking and simply beautiful. it evokes a soft sort of longing. "steep in the stardust that clots the corners of your lips" absolutely gorgeous! "and the universe will never stretch longer than your
    laugh, wider than the sunbeams that soak your soul, the starlight that crusts your eyes" that made me smile a bit. I hope I can find someone as beautiful as the way you describe this person. I've described your words as honeyed before, and I hold to my statement: you have such a way with twisting letters into oh-so pretty concepts!

• WhispersOfGray

Don't worry, feel free to comment on any of my pieces at any time. Thanks for the comments, by the way. Also, you're welcome. You have no reason to be unsure of your writing, you're remarkably talented. I truly loved all your pieces. And I'll be reading all your future pieces, I'll be with you every step of the way!

• WhispersOfGray

This is incredibly beautiful. Deep and soulful, it warmed my heart.

• mia_:)

Wow. Just, wow. "your fingertips are too deafening to tiptoe cross the universe" and 'steep in the stardust that clots the corners of your lip" are just two of the amazing lines you have, but I just wanted to acknowledge your amazing celestial imagery and personification! I also love your formatting! Great job!!!!!!

FGHJKDTRZ I HAVE NO WORDS EVERY BIT OF THIS IS GLORIOUS