Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.
obsessed with name titled poetry & songs.

Part 2 anyone??

Originally here: If it's bad, let me know. I'm so uneasy about this piece. I worked on this for a while but like, it took forever and everything I wrote didn't seem to live up to my expectations. So yeah, ANY feedback is welcome. Also, sorry it's so long-so, if you read it all *claps*

Also, title ideas----greatly appreciated. I'm currently bouncing off a lot

IT IS FORBIDDEN THAT EGYPTIAN DEITIES LOVE MORTAL-HATING DEMONS, THEY'RE MEANT TO DESTROY THEM

11

i.
Demons create imbalances. 
These were the words of Ra, in which he told Bastet before he sent her on her mission. They were the same words she repeated inside her head she raced gracefully through the forest, the quiet hush of the river growing stronger. If Bastet were of the weaker gender, she would've already heard the voice of the Caller, singing toxic notes that tasted sweet. But she knew better, and the sense of danger pricked her skin.

ii.
There is no home greater than the water, it protects it's own. Naddaha knew this well, for she's lived in the river all her life. it was the place she was born, the home of her people for generations-or was. Until the mortals came destroying their villages, betraying her kind, and killing those she knew. Naddaha was the only survivor, due to her Mother hiding her well in the Nile.
And when her Mother whispered prayers to the water, it promised to protect Naddaha. So as it soaked it's essence and bestowed power into Naddaha, Naddaha whispered words of vengeance in the shadows of her people. So for centuries since, she lured men into her greedy hands, kissing the life from them, then laughing as tears rolled down and filled the river.

iii.
Once she reached the Nile River, Bastet saw the Caller sitting upon a curved tree so low, her feet dangled so close the water, her toes could cause a ripple. And from a distance, Bastet could see innocence, but unlike men, she knew not to be deceived by the looks at such a glance. However, as she neared, Bastet sucked in a breath at the woman's beauty.

She had skin the color of a full moon, looking fragile as though a gust of wind could break her. Her long black hair color of a cat's, loose and bouncing around her shoulders had a purple, lotus flower crown upon it. Then there was her dress, that seemed transparent only it had a light blue hint to it. Yet, what struck Bastet the most, was her eyes: a piercing sea blue, with a ring of purple hue around the pupil.
What's your name Caller?, Bastet asked.

The woman's sharp, cat-yellow eyes were filled with curiosity as they watched Naddaha.
Men call me the name of their secret lovers. Naddaha smirked, jumping into the water. But it seems you have given me the name 'Caller.'
What's your blessed name? This was a question no god, or even being, has ever asked Naddaha.
Carefully, Naddaha made her way over to the sepia-colored woman, with hair the color of midnight.
Names have power, why should I give you mine if I have yet to even touch yours?

Bastet smiled, kneeling by the river, but not dare touching it. Sekhmet warned her about the danger of the Nile, what it could do to her powers.
I am the Goddess Bastet, of protection and share powers of the sun with my twin, Sekhmet. And confessing the name of her sister seemed to trigger Bastet, for she immediately reared back, glaring down at the Caller. Stop using your powers against me, Caller. You'll start a war you never have a chance of winning.

Naddaha simply frowned, the hint of her dress changing to a red.
I have no influence over your feelings, Bastet-and both women took pleasure in the way Naddaha said the name-for my magic only works on mortals and men. And by which, you are neither: mortal nor, man.

Leaning closer, Bastet whispered in the ears of Naddaha, words she'd never dare speak out loud.
what pulls us together?

iv.
They met up many times after that: Bastet sneaking away from her duties and deceiving Ra when he sent her on missions and Naddaha singing for the presence of men after she dreams of the day they took her Mother away. Both neglected their duties to where others grew suspicious. Everyone knows secrets are never kept, but Bastet and Naddaha acted they were.

It was Sekhmet who found them together, repulsed by the idea of a goddess and demon being lovers. She found them by the Nile, Naddaha-whom she only knew as the Caller- leaning against a tree with her feet in the water, and Bastet laying with her head in Naddah's lap, fiddling with her bow and arrows.

SISTER! The words exploded inside Bastet's head. Jumping up from the ground, Bastet locked eyes with her Sekhmet. What are you doing with her?

But before she could answer, Naddaha had slipped herself into the river, and by using the water for power, created a wave to splash over Sekhmet. The flame in Sekhmet's eyes flickered, and Bastet felt her sun powers falter. Whenever it was just Bastet touching the water, she could handle the pain and ignored the weakness. But when both twins were hit with water, it drained them.

We'll lose our powers if you stay with her. Sekhmet cried, crumpling to the ground. It isn't our jobs as Gods to love, Bastet. You know it creates an imbalance.

Then, Naddaha reached out for Bastet's hand, the same moment Sekhmet did.
Word Count: 860 (extremely sorry, I didn't mean to make it so long-I even cut it down too!)
Finished: 4/23/ 2020
__________________________________

This if for, Jun Lei & FizzyBaguette 's contest, #thegayagenda, prompt 3: explore the earliest stories, myths, and as with prompt two, tell us a same-sex love story with characters from any mythology.
__________________________________
Okay, if you stayed awake through all of that, perhaps reading this too for some explanation?
So I choose Egyptian mythology because I wanted my piece to stand out and thought that everyone does Geek or Roman mythology nowadays, why not mix it up a bit?
 So here's a link for the most important Egyptian gods and goddesses: https://www.britannica.com/list/11-egyptian-gods-and-goddesses
So I choose the Goddess Bastet of Protection and Cats. More info here: https://www.ancient.eu/Bastet/
Then, I had to look for a worthy love interest. I didn't want to choose another Goddess because mythology family trees are always crazy and someone is somehow related to one another. So I looked up Egyptian creatures: https://www.thoughtco.com/egyptian-monsters-4145424. Then I found the Siren and of course I had to choose her!!: https://occult-world.com/naddaha-al/ & http://globalurbanlegends.blogspot.com/2015/09/el-naddaha.html.
Anyway, I tried to stick to the mythology as close as possible, but I'm not Egyptian nor do I study the culture, so obviously it's not perfect. Also, Sekhmet is a warrior Goddess of Sun, War, and Destruction. She is Bastet are not actually related, but they are so closely linked together and both represent the Sun in a way, so I just said they were sisters/twins.

2

• Wisp

“So for centuries since, she lured men into her greedy hands, kissing the life from them, then laughing as tears rolled down and filled the river.”
    Is that underlying guilt I see? I really love the way you’ve illustrated her tears filling the river, it just adds a depth, as if she has cried for so long that the river has amounted to her tears only. I just came from your Hindu deity piece and it’s just so beautiful. I really love how you’ve created these worlds between the two pieces, utterly lovely. This is just beautiful and I see heartbreak is an underlying theme throughout your pieces. I really adore and love your writing Dmoral (but of course you already knew that).

just submitted my review for this!

hey, just to let you know, i know it's taking a while but i am working on reviewing this! this week is my first week of distance learning so it's been a bit hectic, but i'm still getting through it, just slower than usual. i'll let you know when i submit it!

• FizzyBaguette

Results are up!

• FizzyBaguette

It's super gay....I love it!

• jun lei

thank you for your entry!

• AErtaylan

This is awesome!