AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber
ASL

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not. ~ Jodi Picoult

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

Dancing in the Rain

12
"Why does it have to be raining on a Saturday?" I stared forlornly out the drizzle-streaked window.
   "It'll clear up soon, Peanut."
My lips twitched with a smile at Michael's nickname for me. I tore my gaze from the depressing weather and padded over to where he sat at the dining-room table, head bent over a ledger.
   Standing behind him, I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and sighed into his dark hair.
Michael twisted his head to smile sympathetically at me. "Have you tried reading a book?"
   "I don't feel like reading."
"A puzzle?" 
   "No."
"You could make cinnamon rolls."
   "Eh."
Michael turned back to what he was doing; letting the scratching of his pen, and the faithful ticking of the clock fill the room for a minute.
   I heard the pen drop suddenly to the table.
"Well, then, c'mon." He stood up, smirking mischievously, and entwined his hand with mine.
   "What're you doing?" I felt a grin crack my cheeks. I couldn't help but smile when Michael did, which was rather unfair, and a disadvantage, I thought.
"I'm going to drag my Peanut out of that gloomy exterior." His dark blue eyes twinkled with a secret.
   Michael pulled me along to the front door and pulled my raincoat off its hook.
I tugged it and my boots on, grumbling all the while, though the smile was permanently etched on my face.
   "I don't want to go out into the rain." My whine was half-hearted. 
"That's too bad." He zippered up his own coat and opened the door for me. "Ladies first."
   I wrinkled my nose up at him as I walked past.
Michael laughed. "There she is."
   "Not for long if I get too wet."
We stepped out onto the small concrete landing of the apartment building. Rain pounded on the roof above our heads; a small stream ran down the middle of the half-full parking lot.
   "It's cold!" I turned my puppy eyes on him.
"Right down here, m'lady." Michael smirked, and held my hand all the way down the flight of stairs.
   Rain immediately pelted us as we stepped out from under cover. Water streamed past our boots.
   "Now what are we going to do?"
Michael held out his other hand. "May I have this dance?"
   "Dancing in the rain?" I giggled at how funny we must have looked, standing there.
"Yes, dancing in the rain. If people in a movie can do it, why can't we?" His eyes sparkled.
   I was smiling so wide now, there was no use pretending otherwise. I placed my hand on his shoulder, and took his offered one. 
   "Only if you promise to behave."
His hand slipped around my waist, and he smirked. "I'm always good."
I laughed, the storm a distant memory, and cuddled close against his drenched jacket.
   Michael pressed a kiss to the top of my wet hair, and we swayed there, out in the rain, for all to see. 

• April 23, 2020 - 9:08am (Now Viewing)

• The Ha

Sugar. This is sweet

• writer.ly

What a sweet love story! I'd love more background on these characters, they seem so cool. Are they dating? Engaged? Married? You should write more about them, because this was awesome.

This is so sweet! I love the display of a pure, godly relationship between husband and wife in this story.

• The Dreamer

I absolutley love this!!!! It's adorable :)

• Jasmine khawar

So sweet!! This makes a perfect love story. Wow!! So nice