Forest reflection wallpapers 10705 1280x800

bethanyyy

"A writer is simply a photographer of thoughts."
-Anonymous

Farewell

My fellow citizens, 
By the time you have read this, I will be in a better place. The world I leave was ready for my departure. The country I leave will most likely grieve my death, but, as it is always, they will move on with their lives. The state I leave, Massachusetts, will stand together and remember one of their own. The city I leave will remember the days when I was a small boy, trying to achieve greatness like my father had. You were the reason I woke up every single day, prepared to change the world. Although times seem tough, we all need to stand together and get through it not as a nation, but as a family.
I’ve always longed to make an impact to our great nation, even before I was in the military and had the privilege to serve my country in uniform. I want to do something to help make peace in a time where war was all we could recall. I didn't want people to celebrate me by my name, but my actions and to say that I helped change America. I want our country to do everything we can to ensure peace with our enemies and to make the right agreement and deals with our allies. Our nation is the land of the free and the home of the brave. We need to make that image last; the American dream last.
The world you grow up in will be different from the one I grew up in. As a citizen of our great nation, we need to all make it our mission to educate the next generation to achieve the great things we have and will accomplish. With that mentality, the proper mentality for us all, comes greatness, and with greatness comes success.  
Although I am gone in the flesh, I will forever be with you in your heart. America will forever be my home, and I will miss it. Take care of Jackie and the kids, and take care of your own friends and family. Remember me not as your thirty-fifth president and not as the man who wants to put us on the moon, but as a fellow citizen that did what was right for his country. Just like I did, you have the power to make an impact to your country in ways that seem unlikely now, but will later reveal themselves. Remember, "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.

Forever and faithfully yours,
                                                                                                                              John Fitzgerald Kennedy