And_The_Stars_Laughed

"half of me is ocean. half of me is sky."

Feedback is greatly appreciated!!!
--lowercase is intentional

**I changed the title from when I last published it, I think the one I have now is more fitting.

the ecstasy of eternity

8

paint me a blank page so that the tips of my toes may curl across an empty canvas, so that the marrow of my bones may seep into an alabaster soup and leak shades of chiffon on a paper without words.
paint me a blank page so that the strands of your brush bend with new beginnings, bristles fluttering in coarse strands of horse-hair and smooth wisps of celery-peels, stroking oblivion onto cellulose.
paint me a blank page so that i may dance out of the Noise that ferments my life, thin and salty and stinging with too-old vinegar -- crawling, crawling, crawling 'till it drowns out the voice that matters most, 'till it runs crimson with its caustic distractions.
                    why do we find ecstasy in the ephemeral?
                    why do we let Noise ooze its lead-soaked paint-crusted self into our eardrums, letting
                    culture
                    speak louder than the
                    indefinite?

paint me a blank page so that i may rewrite my story; hand the world an empty
                                                                                                                            canvas.

let it pour ivory into our mouths, let us silence the steady thrum of culture and cease the thoughts that slam past our skulls. let us not worry about the clothes that tether to our skin, the molds of our bodies, the food that we slip onto our tounges for the world has spent too long clasped to 
vision,
too long beaming in the effulgence of what is not
permanent.

if you paint me a blank page you will not rid me of the colors that murk my blood, you will not pluck my past from my ribcage -- the hours i've spent wincing at my reflection.
you see, i carry with me a pallet of shades that cannot be wiped from my existence but still
can be 
tinted into something
new.

shower me with paint so that i may find ecstasy in the invisible. 
shower me with paint so that i can silence the Noise that crumbles my life, so that i can tint a path for myself -- a path in which i will stumble, but a path that speckles the light of what is everlasting, of what is

indefinite.

shower the world with paint.
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Little Prince

• April 22, 2020 - 10:57am (Now Viewing)

• Chloe :) <3

Wow! This is honestly just amazing

• WhispersOfGray

This is gorgeous. I've officially fallen in love with your writing. Beautiful.

• fatpanda

this is wondrous

• Dmoral

oh, yes

Absolutely stunning

• Flowing Ink

This is beautiful -such creative language!